( search forums )
Is that the usual way u get kicked too?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Teylor
January 1, 2005, 10:13 pm
Well, i want to hear your opinion what you do if you get kicked on any Server without any reason (vote kick, or any Admin that things you are to good). Today i got kicked from an Admin on Laughingllamas Server (yesterday too). I mean, i hate that, cause i have to wait many hours before my Router change my IP. Im getting angry and play on any other Server and smash them to dead (lol). What about you? You guys get angry too?

Deleted User
January 1, 2005, 10:35 pm
I'm sure u don't even have to ask are guys angry when they got kicked without any reason, u should know that...
When that happens to me i'm too angry to be angry :S . And that's good if u don't have ip adress what's changing, like me... being banned for rest of ur life... i really like that voting system what Soldat have ^^ .
I really hope that Michal makes a new voting system. Like... u can see who's voting ur ass of... u can see how many have pressed "yes" or "no".
Usually i just make a hole to my weak wall ^^ ( when i'm really angry ). But when not so angry i just jump and beat air :) ...
Oh and ... Is that the usual way u get kicked too? ... yes it is ^^ .

AerialAssault
January 2, 2005, 1:39 am
i usually complain to the server owner or an admin if im vote kicked for no reason.

Chakra
January 2, 2005, 1:47 am
Alot of people get kicked simply because of their style of play...or most usually, the lack of it. Many admins take the initiative of 'keeping the balance' by removing less experienced players.

It's a cruel, cruel world..

js92647
January 2, 2005, 2:13 am
i play on the [RAW] server most of the time, the only thing they will kick/ban you for is calling them nubs

DannyLB
January 2, 2005, 4:37 am
Teylor dont sweat it. In llamas admin kick u only cause u wear blue or that you dont wear a helmet. It's ridiculous. But it's still my favorite INF server.

FliesLikeABrick
January 2, 2005, 5:26 am
the only time ive dealt with people from my server is when they used to get vote kicked, or if they got kicked for lagging. I find that innocent people get pissed, whereas hackers and other people who should have gotten kicked will just kinda walk away and find a new server to piss people off, without actually getting pissed themselves

N1nj@
January 2, 2005, 5:35 am
IMO, the way to avoid this unfair kickban thing, is to set so that the vote kick will only do a kick and ban for 15 minutes. And if the same user joined again, and got vote kicked again, then it will be a permanent one.

Anti-mff
January 2, 2005, 7:06 am
I usually get kicked just for being superiour to the other players (doesn't happen all that often but when it it does I'm likely to get kicked), especially when assaulting with Socom. Seems like it irritates people. Other than that it mostly is without any reason.

I've gotten tired of all this cheap kicking so if I don't know a really good reason for kicking the person on the vote (cheating) I always vote no to vote kick. If more of us did so the problem could be almost solved.

Worst is those stupid bannings though. Frustrating to be excluded from a lot of servers for life when you know you've not even done anything wrong.

Spectral
January 2, 2005, 7:27 am
relatively speaking, i get kicked cuz of the hax bug the most, thus i rarely get booted.

CbbLe
January 2, 2005, 12:19 pm
I got kicked from 3 different public servers yesterday, the reason?
- owned the admin.

I hate soldat ppl.

Tavy
January 2, 2005, 2:36 pm
Same here, Cbble, I got kicked alot of times for it.
It's a goverment conspiricy, I say.

And yes, I think we do need a tempory banning system, so you can set the amount of time that it shows up in the voting system. :D
But, I have a fixed IP, so when I go, I go forever basically. :'(

Cheers!
Tavy

Messiah
January 2, 2005, 6:21 pm
Here is some advice, if someone says, "wtf!" dont say i hax, or dont ever say ex) "Kazuki Hax!" They will vote kick him, and you will never hear the end of it /_/ and it pisses me off when i get kicked from a server, and get called a cheater at all the ownege servers.

Flying_Dutchman
January 2, 2005, 8:31 pm
Yea, i hate it when i get falsely accused of cheating. Last week someone called me a cheater twice on my OWN server!

First time it was at loas, i was on blue. I captured the red flag and started to pump around with my spas, only the guy who called me cheater was left alive, i went down into the tunnel and he came after me, we started hitting each other with the back of our weapons, i lost my gun so i pulled my knife and threw it at point blank into the noob, killing him. Then he called me a cheater!

The second time was at maya, i was still on blue and it was 2 vs 2. My teammate had their flag and the noob had ours. After several failed tries to get the flag back i went for another try and just trew all my nades at him, he was sitting in that white misty spawnplace at red, 1 nade was a direct hit causing all the nades to explode and killing him. And again he called me a cheater. When i was about to kick him he left with the words goodbye cheater.
Damn, i hate people who cant take it they lose and start calling other people cheaters and hackers

The lamest thing i was kicked for was by an admin who was of the oppinion i talked to much. I was only saying things like "efc up" and "inc down" and things like that. :S

There are some weird people in this world...

humanded
January 2, 2005, 10:05 pm
I got kicked off laughinllamas for scoring.. they wanted to bobsled and i thought the map was [IMAGE], nobody agreed with me so i just scored won..

then they kicked me, then i spoke to n00b on irc, i think he must have removed the map cuz they didnt replay on it once for the next 2-3 hours :P

hypno
January 3, 2005, 8:46 am
they try to kick me when i kill them
but cmon everybody kills some one

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 1:35 pm
aaah!
just a second ago: me and a friend joined a server and played.
my friend, me + another guy played very good.
i was rushing and killed whole the time and we had very good team play
and for no reason i was voted by te enemy team :S and before i could press the F11 button (so i wont get kicked) i was already outta the game
i tried to get back and ask why, but i was banned :S

on msn my friend said i was to good at that moment, still i dont think its a reason to ban

n00bface
January 3, 2005, 9:18 pm
I never get kicked 'cos I'm so intermediate. I kicked you from Llama's inf the other day because I said "Do not use Minigun as a jet", and you did exactly the opposite.

quote:then they kicked me, then i spoke to n00b on irc, i think he must have removed the map cuz they didnt replay on it once for the next 2-3 hours :P
Ja, I remember that -> the map wasn't removed though. I haven't changed mapslist.txt in a while..I will take it off next time I change the map rotation, as well as add a few more. Don't be sad Rambo, it's a good map, just out of season now :P

Element_101
January 3, 2005, 11:30 pm
Having 56k dose have its advantages when it comes to kicks.

NavySeal
January 4, 2005, 10:35 pm
Well for me its start with a guy who keep vooting then the rest of the people keep pushing yes and in the end I come up and get kicked or I just get kicked for no reason.

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 11:03 pm
mm just a random vote kick fest, when that happens, i often see the initiator get kicked

nazikilla
January 5, 2005, 12:41 am
when someone tries to kick me i ask. i rarely get an answer. usually i still get banned. mainly from the ctf raw server. its all because of wussy admins and thos retarded people who have no lives so they try to ruin other people's lives.

grand_diablo
January 5, 2005, 11:37 am
I often get a kickvote once im owning someone who can't lose. Funnily its often a server where I am admin on, which is quite funny ;)

Soldat should really show WHO started the votekick, cause searching the server's log is qutie exhausting x_X.

Green Barret
January 5, 2005, 6:32 pm
Arg.. that kicking happens alot to me too. One time i went to a server and i killed the admin like 9 times in a row without dieing and i got kicked! Those lame arses that cant tell the difference between skill and cheats and kick of really stupid reasons should stop playing Soldat.
Is there anyway to stop this random and pointless banning? Servers under good admin observation can reduce these frustrating moments, but how many servers have this kind of attention? I think, like someone above me said, if a vote is started, the guy who started it should be shown. It would reduce random kicks and result in a better Soldat.

Liquid Metal
January 6, 2005, 12:48 am
Don't you just hate it when you get kicked for cheating or no reason? Especially those noobs who call you a hacker everytime you beat them

XZalla
January 6, 2005, 3:09 am
I get on i win sometimes and root my team on to victory...THEN I GET KICKED!!!
~XZalla has joined the server~
10 minutes remaining
2 minutes remaining
S0MeRaNdoM[IMAGE]iNgNo0b: FAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Votes XZalla to be kicked*
XZalla: dude come on wat i do??? :(

~XZalla has been voted banned~ (4 eeeeeeeeeeva!!!)

Wopkeuh
January 6, 2005, 10:22 am
I usually start my own server. I hosted lots of games and I only kicked a player once. It would appear he mad 3 rapid successive shots with a LAW. Even then I kicked because I was asked to do so, but I did see him do it.

Oh yeah, I usually start hosting with a few bots in the game and I kick them when 2 or 3 players have joined. I accidentally kicked a player with a bot-name this way once.

Yukwunhang
January 6, 2005, 10:43 am
I get vote kicked becuz of owned the server but i don't mine it. I'm still the winner.

Zidara
January 8, 2005, 8:29 am
I've never been kicked in any server, I guess mostly because I only say an occationaly lol or flag on bottom, and I'm just an average to decent player. Granted I've only been playing soldat a few weeks, but I generally get pretty good at a game very quickly but then don't get any better no matter how much I play :p

Being on the lower end of the skill spectrum I can see why people kick players who are much better than everyone else, because honestly its very boring for the average player when one or two people totally own everybody consistantly. It's not that I get pissed at losing, it just gets trite when you try your hardest and still can't get anywhere because of that one or two people on the other team, or that one or two people doing all the work on yours.

When I get in that situation I usually stop trying until the teams even up, but the best and most fun games are when everyone is about the same skill level.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 8, 2005, 4:17 pm
It's not that bad, now in the new version of the server where it tells who votes. I played a server with 22 people where it should be complete chaos, of course there was a vote every minute or so, but nobody got kicked innocently. When an obvious flying hacker joined he got vote kicked in 20 seconds.

ThE_cHeAt
January 9, 2005, 5:31 am
That does kinda of piss me off..... but there isn't reall anything you can do about it. You could always go to a new server or make your ow.

kkazican
January 9, 2005, 11:47 pm
Worst experience I had was joining 3 noob servers and getting banned from all three due to my 20:3 ratio I had. The two or three noobs barely had time to kill each other before I manage to take them out. So i would get accused of hacking and then get banned.

Dathker
January 9, 2005, 11:58 pm
lol
one time i went to one server,where everytime you kill the admin you got kicked...it was kind oif funny,and if you had a better score than him you go kicked

otherwise....brick,btw hackers don't complain becuase they get used to it. besides.its just a game nor do they have a reason of not getting kicked/banned

Maluno
January 10, 2005, 3:01 am
Yeah, I have problems like this all the time, there is a mass spamming of the vote-kick, and random people start getting kicked, but not the hackers. Unfortunately, i have been banned most of the good lowping servers hosted near me, so i have to play on 200ish ping crappy servers. I do really appreciate the new feature that shows who is calling the votes, though, it is very useful. BTW, brick can i get unbanned from your server? please email me re: unbanishment. tnx.

NavySeal
January 10, 2005, 10:03 am
About that stuff who see whos vooting. Hacker was ofcourse there and my vote came up said "Zukabazuka has casted a vote" wich I didn't.