( search forums )
Blood Gulch Remake
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Norse
January 1, 2005, 11:03 pm
I had a (for my part at least) cool idea the other day. Why not take a map like Blood Gulch from Halo:Combat Evolved and make it into a map. I'm sure this could be done. Anyone up for the challenge?

Vijchtidoodah
January 2, 2005, 12:04 am
I would love too, just draw it out with the spawnpoints and everything and I'll get right on it.

Oh, and be prepared to be flamed for this thread.

Norse
January 2, 2005, 6:30 am
I figured I'd get flamed, but I dont really care. Yeah i found a map layout to use. It's pretty good and gives the bird's-eye view layout. If you want to view it please go here: http://www.lan-z.net/img/otros/MapasHalo2D/bloodgulch.jpg
Hope this would help a bit. I'm making a rough draft form at the mo'. Give it a few days.

vash763
January 12, 2005, 5:47 am
good idea, hopefully you can make it a heavy snipers map to reflect the map it came from. because blood gulch is all about the snipers

FliesLikeABrick
January 12, 2005, 6:01 am
i have a copy of a map named blood gulch buried in my webserver somewhere, from the early days of U13. I believe it was made by... i don't even remember.

Unlucky 13
January 12, 2005, 7:12 am
Hey, maybe you should post that here, so we can have a looksee Brick!

It isnt too bad an idea, and would work well as a CTF map. I dont see how the birds-eye helps, but if it does, good thinking.

Vijchtidoodah you look like you might get flamed for releasing it, but I would love to see something new.

Rhombus
January 12, 2005, 7:19 am
I remember the map blood gulch in soldat. Man that was crap. If u can make a better one, I would like it.

Vijchtidoodah
January 12, 2005, 11:05 pm
Well, if you want it made you can still submit your idea to my thread.

Norse
January 13, 2005, 12:08 am
Yeah, I kind of took a week long break from working on it. I didn't know a blood gulch made had already been created previously. If Brick can dig that up, maybe I could just fix it to a sniper's liking as vash736 said. Might add a few other necessary aditions as well.

Norse
January 26, 2005, 12:09 am
I found the map, and it's made by Rambo 6! He was the first to implement Halo into a Soldat map. (See Blood Gulch topic here: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=10649)
Problem is I can't begin to try to make a Halo map unless I see some examples, and I can't DL Rambo's map or see any of the screenies. Anyone have a secure link[s]!?

dv297
January 30, 2005, 10:06 pm
I've been working on a blood gulch map but I accendentally deleted it when I had to reinstall soldat.

Sucks but atleast I have the design in my head.

Norse
January 31, 2005, 4:49 am
Hey why not we both create this map together? You seem to have a good outline in your head. We could use your outline, and add things as they popped in our heads. How's that sound?

FliesLikeABrick
January 31, 2005, 12:35 pm
I found that old map. It's pretty horrible, but here it is:
http://u13.net/soldat/Blood_Gulch.zip
I believe it was done by -=BT=-Will

Soap
January 31, 2005, 1:11 pm
Making maps based on other games is general a bad idea.

Alamo
January 31, 2005, 1:44 pm
Making maps based on 3D games is even worse. You can do a map inspired by another map. But you just can't do the map itself. You'll never have the gameplay of the real thing.

Norse: Please use edit if you have to add something to a post.

Captain Ben
February 8, 2005, 8:48 am
sounds good though, i don't like halo that much. too much soldat ;)

dv297
February 13, 2005, 6:44 pm
http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/soldatbeta/mappage.php?mapid=29

I'm bad at mapping but atleast it is the outline. This is what I made in 5 min. One day I'll get the warthog sceanary and attach a stationary gun to it. If you had shivorkens halo mod the turret looks exactly like the one in halo.

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 8:31 pm
sry DV i don't like it =/

dv297
February 15, 2005, 11:45 am
well I tried my half best, maybe I should just finish it up for the fun of it.

Rambo_6
February 17, 2005, 2:47 am
I tried this whole idea once, it just won't work. 3D maps weren't meant to be converted to 2D, bud.