( search forums )
Black guy appears?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Lizard787
January 2, 2005, 5:11 pm
When ever i creat my own server this black guy appears and i can kill him. it doesnt say it in f1 about that person?
I also was on a public inf server and i saw him and nobody was him but he couldnt be killed. Nor did another person saw him only me?
here is a pic of it.
http://public.fotki.com/Lizard787/weird_bug/weird_bug.html

He's circuled in black.

Yes moo i was recording a demo.That must be one of the reasons why.

_Mancer_
January 2, 2005, 5:30 pm
Ahh...Those are called black ghosts. Theyve been random bugs that have been happening for as long as I can remember. All they are are just bugs the server farts out...and thats all I know.

They're scary..

b00stA
January 2, 2005, 6:09 pm
Yup, Michal knows about them and I'm not sure if he really wants to "fix" it anyway :)

Messiah
January 2, 2005, 8:46 pm
I doubt he will and that he shouldnt its not a very big problem, unlike some other bugs out there.

Beren
January 2, 2005, 11:29 pm
I personally kind of like it. It's a special treat that only comes around once in awhile and makes you laugh and say..."what IS that guy?".

liquidis x snake
January 3, 2005, 2:05 am
Why is it that everyone wants to remove the black guy? Martin Luther King, Jr. must be turning in his grave.

Just kidding.

I think the bug is neat, leaves this mysterious feeling when you see him. And who knows, if he ever chased after me and I couldn't kill him, that be pretty cool.

Messiah
January 3, 2005, 4:03 am
Its a ghost :|!

Unlucky 13
January 3, 2005, 7:49 am
I see him, and anyone else on my server can't. I kill him, and i get a kill and it shows in console as " " without quotes. Quite funny to watch him stop bullets from client-side!

Hercule Poirot
January 3, 2005, 8:38 am
hmm was it command like "/addbot *" on dm and you get those black guys there ^^

Alamo
January 3, 2005, 1:26 pm
... I think I'm gonna dress up all black and stand in the servers waiting for experienced players :))
bugs like that definitely should be fixed though :/

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 4:00 pm
It happened with me too...
It will disappear after 30 mins.

m00`
January 3, 2005, 11:59 pm
Were you guys recording demos at the time? As I remember the black guy used to appear when recording demos. (in old betas)

EDIT: Yes its from demos, the black guy appears to spectate your game and records what your doing, thats what I think, but theres a bug thats making him appear..

MercyM
January 4, 2005, 10:20 am
Last time I had that guy was 1.1.5. or sumthin...