( search forums )
Banned from my own server?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
-Me-
January 3, 2005, 12:03 am
I didn't think that you could be banned from your own server, but I was kicked and banned permanently from my own server. How does that happen.

Throughout some of the games, they thought I was hacking. I don't even know how to hack. They later found out that it was lag.

After my team won a game, I scored twice and when I shot someone from the bravo team, I saw "Vote Kick: Me". When I tried to press "no" it all of a sudden said that I was kicked and banned permanently from the server. Can I unban myself?

Magniitude
January 3, 2005, 12:51 am
1. I dunno

2. Happens often

3. You can only unban yourself if you contact the admin and have him unban you. Kicks are about 15 minutes.

Sorry i thought you were talking about different events. Yeah, just do what frogboy told you to do.

frogboy
January 3, 2005, 12:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Magniitude1. I dunno

2. Happens often

$postcount++

quote:Originally posted by Magniitude3. You can only unban yourself if you contact the admin and have him unban you. Kicks are about 15 minutes.

So, you're saying he should contact himself to get unbanned?

Anyway, -Me-, go to banned.txt and remove your IP, which is probably 127.0.0.1, considering it's your own server, unless it's dedicated (and still on), in which case you can connect through soldatadmin and /unban.

liquidis x snake
January 3, 2005, 2:01 am
Maybe you accidentally kicked yourself (as in pressed F11). If the admin/host votes to kick someone, they are perma-banned (correct?)

-Me-
January 3, 2005, 2:03 am
But I didn't even vote. I saw it go across the bottom left corner of my screen, and right when I was gonna choose "no", I was at the server screen. Also, this was a dedicated server, so I wasn't really the host throught "Soldat", I was the host through "Soldat Dedicated Server".

liquidis x snake
January 3, 2005, 2:08 am
Maybe it wasn't a permanent ban, but listen to Frogboy.

Go into C:\Soldat\banned.txt, open it up and remove your IP.

If you don't know your own IP, go to www.myipaddress.com

If you're STILL lazy, just delete it all.

STEELIX
January 3, 2005, 7:52 am
make yourself an admin through the "/admlog [admin password]" command, that way you can't be kicked nor banned :)

hypno
January 3, 2005, 8:39 am
how did you get kicked from your own server
some people try to kick me but they cant
i dont know how you got banned