( search forums )
Disabling vote kick
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Psyker
January 3, 2005, 1:06 am
I don't mean disabling vote kick in servers - this is for players only.

I really don't care whether or not if Soldier (2) gets kicked or not, so I try to ignore the vote kick menu that pops up - but I end up voting yes or no anyway, just to get rid of the menu.

I'd like an option to remove the vote kick menu from the screen, or at least try and minimize the size of it. Perhaps an option where you automatically vote no to all vote kicks would be nice, so you don't have to see the cursed menu pop up just in time to wreck your aim :\

Magniitude
January 3, 2005, 1:32 am
It may get annoying, but you may change your mind about this when there a really annoying guy, or a hacker who is playing on the server and you dont get the say in it. I agree with minimizing it though, so that it doesnt disrupt gameplay too much.

liquidis x snake
January 3, 2005, 2:04 am
I suggest it be a button binding (perhaps one of the F-keys?)

Like press it once to turn it off, press it again to turn it back on, sort of like the lag / status indicator.

Mojoman316
January 3, 2005, 3:17 am
I like this idea. It gets annoying when 1337-PL4YZ0R_957 is tired of getting owned and starts kick-spamming on some guy. The box is pretty distracting, and it has cost me a few deaths and flag-caps. If you saw some annoying person, you could press a key to get the kick prompt up, hit him with the kickstick, and turn it off for more Soldat goodness.

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 3:40 am
I love this idea. I've gotten so annoyed by the vote-kick box that I just hit F12 every time it comes up. Which sucks because on a few occasions I've banned myself from a server because of it.

DT
January 3, 2005, 4:58 am
/autokickno
/autokickyes
/autooff

that would work

Blackdeath
January 3, 2005, 6:45 am
agreed. Let us celebrate with ham sandwiches.

hypno
January 3, 2005, 9:34 am
yeah coz i hate it when it popps up and you look at it and then you die
thats happened to me lots of times any of you?

Anti-mff
January 3, 2005, 3:49 pm
I agree with both Psyker and DT. That menu is really annoying and vote kick spaming often makes it impossible to play without seeing it so it really should be disabable.