( search forums )
Barret Changes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Mojoman316
January 3, 2005, 7:12 am
I find it realy, REALLY sad that half of the players I encounter are Barret lamers. I haven't actually seen all but 2 people besides myself that actually used the sniper rifle for SNIPING. And no, shooting while running is NOT sniping. I'm talking about using cover, crouching, etc. The barret it quite a lame assault weapon for it's speed and accuracy, since a majority of the time you're going to just encounter one or so enemies. I suggest that the Barret follow the rules similar to the LAW, only being able to fire in the crouched or prone position. Or, at least add SOME kind of handicap when moving and up, like no reticle or less accuracy. It's only right.

Pathos
January 3, 2005, 7:43 am
...I would rather encounter a barretard who gets off their ass than face one that sits on it

hypno
January 3, 2005, 9:31 am
yeah when your sniping in the sniping view you cant see just ahead of you
so youir shooting into a wall lol

frogboy
January 3, 2005, 9:47 am
Barret is fixed enough already. Also, read the sticky, it says not to mention weapon balance.

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 11:16 am
If you only can shoot prone or crouched position it should be secondary weapon... i think.

Liber_Lupus
January 3, 2005, 11:38 am
Barret is a small part of Soldat. If you don't accept it, don't play Soldat. Easy, no?

KeFear
January 3, 2005, 11:43 am
Without reading this topic: NO, leave the barret alone. Close this topic - again.

There are hundreds of topics on this forum about this "barret lameness".

Stop it. Barret is a part of the game, and thanks to the bink effect, it can easily treated in 1.2.1
So stop whining, learn some skills, and shoot those barret mother[IMAGE]ers with the HK MP5 (this was just an example)