( search forums )
Borland Pascal, for better games!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Unlucky 13
January 3, 2005, 8:56 am
How many games have you seen with Borland Pascal as the language used? And how many "GOOD" ones? You know, the ones you never forget?

I know of two, that is Soldat and Tyrian, considering Delphi is the latest Pascal product (I think), and Tyrian used Borland Turbo Pascal (I think) (search the last few pages of the Link Dump for Tyrian D/L).
Anyway, these games are ones that will stay in my memory forever!

Liber_Lupus
January 3, 2005, 9:02 am
We used pascal language to cheat in runescape.

Denacke
January 3, 2005, 11:12 am
tyrian <3<3<3<3 flying carrot pwnage power
"christmas mode detected"

palloco
January 3, 2005, 6:29 pm
Delphi is to Pascal as J# to C. Only the roots are common

FliesLikeABrick
January 3, 2005, 7:59 pm
yeah i was gonna say that Delphi ~ Pascal.

My brother and I used to play tyrian all the time... anyone know where I can get it, or know if it even runs on windows XP?

Denacke
January 3, 2005, 8:47 pm
I know my bro can play it on his pc (winxp), i'll ask him when he gets back from his smoke round

palloco
January 3, 2005, 9:03 pm
underdogs?

Unlucky 13
January 4, 2005, 12:31 am
I play it on my PC, Google Tyrian 2000 and it runs perfectly with DOSBox on XP but you don't get soundFX or online play (guess it had to happen to make it legal), or use Turbo Pascal Patch, it fixes that Runtime Error by making them run faster, so they can run on the faster prossesors (400 mhz and up <---Fast??? NO WAY!)

OMG I thought Tyrian never was heard of in these forums!
GO GO THE BANANA BOMB AND HOTDOG SECONDARY!!! And Christmas mode, that was so fun this year! The Christmas tree Sonic Wave, Micro Guided Presents, nearly illegible "NOEL" charged Proton and other weapons... so fun! Oh, anyone wish to share the favourite ships and weapons? Mine was the ENEMY mode U-Ship and weapon was Zica Supercharger and 8-way Microbomb as sidekicks, the micro guided bombs as secondary and finally, the Zica Lazer as primary.

Now Underdogs... hmm I never played it, but it will say in its FAQ (if it has a webbie).
Oh, whoops lol n00bface I am the dumb one.
Soz Hitman for you confusion...

Hitman
January 4, 2005, 12:52 am
?

n00bface
January 4, 2005, 12:54 am
quote:Now Underdogs... hmm I never played it, but it will say in its FAQ (if it has a webbie).
Underdogs is a gaming site with games like soldat, not a game. Underdogs probably has Tyrain :>

Aegis
January 4, 2005, 1:49 am
Underdogs is what I call popup/spyware central. If you ever visit there(www.underdogs.org) get AdAwareSE and a good popup blocker or prepare for your doom. Oh, and Tyrian2000 is just a stupid enhancement over the original.. I used to have the full 4 episodes of Tyrian but I lost them.. a pity because that was an awesome game, and there havent been any new games to match it in the field (Demonstar sux, hahaha)

palloco
January 4, 2005, 5:22 pm
LOL Aegis, appart from the site you mentioned does not exist(at least in this moment). underdogs does not have spyware, I never got it. If you got spyware it was becasue you used IE, not becasue of the site.