( search forums )
TFC?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
js92647
January 3, 2005, 12:50 pm
Soldat is a mixure of quake, CS, and worms ;), so why not have a little bit of TFC? (Team Fortress...... classic.. or just TF)

Basicly you would have your regular 5 classes, and each of them can select multiple weapons, respectively.

Scout - Deagles, Shotgun, Ruger
Assault - Mp5, AK, Steyr [1 grenade]
Heavy - Minimi, XM214 [2 grenades]
Sniper - Ruger, Barret
Engineer - Shotgun [4 grenades]

Maybe you could fit a "Spy" in there, and he would be revealed if he got too close to a soldier, or if he was in the vicinity of another soldier while shooting at someone.

I am not sure if this has been suggested before.. but, there you go.

Alamo
January 3, 2005, 1:37 pm
I don't really think this would fit Soldat... If you'd implement that you'd also have to balance the classes... Plus I think that the weapon balance is quite good now so we don't need any changes anymore... do we?
And Soldat is not TFC, nor CS, nor Halo... Pleeeeeease learn that :(
And classes have been suggested before... at least I think so, I'm not perfectly sure though.

IDF-RIPsta
January 3, 2005, 3:05 pm
I think the main problem in this suggestion forum stems from the general illusion that people can affect the way the game develops.

There are so many bad ideas here... too many for any person of importance to read...

This was suggested before, js, but there is no way for you to know because this is your 13th post. Please refrain from suggestions that "revolutionize" the entire game... I've played this game since before 1.0.5... I like it the way it is...

The only changes that have a slight chance, are the ones relating to weapon balance, new game modes, player design, and other ideas that change nothing in matters of gameplay.

Blackdeath
January 3, 2005, 10:47 pm
It's not a bad concept. Now hear me out. Instead of implementing actual classes like the ones suggested why not just have a soldat stat calculator tell you which class you best fit into? Depending on your stats. I realize it's not the same thing. But for example if Billy-Bob got 91% of his kills with the barrett and the rest with the combat knife you could label him as an assassin or something. This would not require the game to be changed in any way and you still get your classes.

Unlucky 13
January 4, 2005, 12:24 am
Scouts use long range weapons like snipers, so throw away one of those. And health differences make it funner.
Been suggested anyway.

Jap_man
January 4, 2005, 7:24 am
soldat is soldat not team fortress CS or worms.
And lets keep it that way.

Messiah
January 5, 2005, 12:07 am
I think thats a little to complicated, something more simpler would be http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=20014, something like that

frogboy
January 5, 2005, 2:58 am
quote:This was suggested before, js, but there is no way for you to know because this is your 13th post

Yet another judgement based on post count.

MOFO NOFO
January 5, 2005, 3:38 am
This is one stupid topic, Because, Soldat = Soldat, not some other g@! games availiable in shops, so if you want soldat to be like tfd or worms or whatever, buy the real game, then you can make your own 2d game from them.
As for classes, i agree with them, but then soldat would have to have a stat system, and who knows what micheals doing with 1.2.2 these days.. So dont you all get your hopes up [;)].

To my 5c worth .. I think there should be a stat system in soldat, heres 2 screens of what it MAY be like..(yes i luv makin screenies of what i want(YES MY CROPPING DOES SUCK!!))
[IMAGE]
also, why dont people use .png... because its just as small as jpeg/jpg and has better quality..

IDF-RIPsta
January 5, 2005, 10:08 am
Frogboy, I'm cutting him some slack here. Would you rather I assault him with futile exclamations like "Use the Search!!!!!!!!!".

Go look for a prince to kiss you.

Will
January 5, 2005, 1:47 pm
^lol

this is such a rubbish idea, nuff said.

and mofowhatever your clothes are so n00bish it makes me sick.

Liquid Metal
January 6, 2005, 2:50 am
But then it would just be ctf with pre-configured weapon a selection...

Alamo
January 6, 2005, 6:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Will^lol
and mofowhatever your clothes are so n00bish it makes me sick.

How can you judge him by his clothes?
If he wants to wear them ok... If you want to wear your special colors ok... (although I think that 'all green' and invisible heads are the only n00bish colors) These colors are more pro then they are n00bish because they don't blend in with the surroundings. What's n00bish about specific colors anyway? -.-

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 6:34 pm
will: get a f^$#ing life,, ok n00b?

this is porbebly what u wear
[IMAGE]

Fangus Deef
January 8, 2005, 4:45 am
:( not again again again.
despite what all these sites are trying to tell you, soldat inst a mixture of anything else. it's soldat. you run, kill, die, repeat. that's it. there'd be no way to fit in scouts or engineers or anything. that'd change the game so bad it simply would not be soldat. let's keep soldat soldat, not TFC. (maybe a little more pacman wouldnt hurt :P)