( search forums )
soldat and music
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 4:41 pm
i always listen to music while i play soldat and have found that i play better to some music than i do to others. i was just wondering if anyone else listens to music when they play soldat and if so what do they listen to?

My List:
Sigur Rós - all songs
Radiohead - all songs
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma Disc 1 & 2
Nirvana - Incesticide album

Alamo
January 3, 2005, 4:43 pm
oh! another music thread! :) Good that there's a Search so you can try not to post question's like that again... ;)

I listen to my whole playlist and skip when there's a track I don't like. I play best to brutal Death Metal, Black Metal or Thrash Metal.

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 4:46 pm
i used the search and only found Elementals "whats your fave 5 bands" thread. so i thought mine was valid. thanks anyway Alamo

Chakra
January 3, 2005, 5:42 pm
*hijacks music thread*

I've discovered something, thanks to tireless research.

Athletes occasionally achieve something called 'the zone'. This is where ultimate concentration becomes a sixth sense. Things are achieved effortlessly and perfectly. 'Zen' is achieved.

Gamers get this too, as i'm sure you've all experienced. Thing is, how does it happen?

Your brain works on several hz levels, two of which being Beta and Alpha waves. All such waves are on at the same time, but theres always one that dominates at certain moments. Beta waves are when you're alert, and can experience such things as worry, fear, over alertness, etc. Alpha waves are that relaxed state achieved between consciousness and sleep. At a precise moment between consciousness and sleep/meditation is the holy grail, the 'Gamers Zen'. You're relaxed to a state that things just happen fluidly, yet aware to a point where you understand everything but with a state of tranquil subconscious alertness.

I have a programme called CoolEdit 2000, sound editing software. With it, you can create brain-frequencies to transmit through sound over stereo headphones. I'm still experimenting a little, but I did have gaming zen for around 10 minutes, although I think i set the alpha waves too low as I found myself becoming a little sleepy.

I edited a few tunes to have these alpha waves...they sound [IMAGE]ed up and underwater, but they do take effect and is quite noticable after 15 minutes.

b00stA
January 3, 2005, 5:47 pm
Chakra, this is what you're looking for BWgen

Hitman
January 3, 2005, 5:53 pm
Dude, that's like hacking.

You're using an external influence, although it doesn't do anything to the actual program Soldat, it can produce the same results as hacking.

Ban him.

Tha Doggfather
January 3, 2005, 7:14 pm
I just randomize all of my music, skip songs if needed.

http://users.pandora.be/h_coremans/Winamp%20Generated%20PlayList.htm

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 3, 2005, 7:18 pm
i like to listen to fast music and sing the words. this is when i achieve my zen state. Everything Zen by Bush works like a charm!

Rhombus
January 3, 2005, 7:28 pm
dude, those brainwaves, thats like takin drugs man, ppl get disqualified for that.

Jello
January 4, 2005, 2:05 am
That brainwave stuff...man. I'll have to check it out. The download's safe right?

Chakra
January 4, 2005, 2:51 am
Yes.

Mwahahahahhaaaaaaa....

Hitman
January 4, 2005, 2:57 am
It doesn't work Chakra...I tried it, and I got an erection. Is that normal? I mean stimulation, ok, but [IMAGE]..

..seriously though, do you have to mute Soldat or something, cause I wasn't feeling any "Zen"..

Cookie.
January 4, 2005, 4:02 am
ow my ears are burning... yet im falling asleep... wonderful ^_^

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 5:46 am
Hitman, you're too noob for these kinds of hax

and can u listen to music in soldat and not here the other soldat sounds?

Messiah
January 4, 2005, 6:07 am
I dont have the volume on i dont like hearing explosions people dying and gun shots echoing so i dont use sound, and i just have a playlist with Winamp, and it is a drug hax, the music goes with the game "Eye of the Tiger!" Dun! Dun! Dun! Dun! Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuuun!

Jello
January 7, 2005, 3:42 am
I've looked into that brainwave stuff a little more, and ended up checking out some book from the liberary called "Far Journeys." Its a non-fiction account of some guy's brainwave research. Apparently he can use these crazy sound waves to give people these crazy hallucinations, only they may not be hallucinations but actually like another...realm of human...thinking...? Its confusing, but I'll be downloading that Brainwave Generator thing fo' sho'

Vid3o
January 7, 2005, 4:23 am
To get back on Topic!
I listen too:
1. TooL - I listen to all of there songs because simply said, TooL is the best.
2. A Perfect Circle - All of there songs because they rule.
3. Rage Against The Machine- Music that pumps you up, besides that its awesome.
4. Rammstien - LINKS! Ahhhh! Um, Rammstien just pwns.
Thats pretty much everything in my soldat play list.
I still have tons more.

Milkman Dan
January 7, 2005, 7:56 am
i listen to my winamp playlist too, its normally on the danzig part cos i dont use randomise

Liber_Lupus
January 7, 2005, 8:58 am
That brainwace thingy gave me an headache.

Crazy1
March 30, 2005, 11:15 pm
Albums:
Sodom- M16
Sodom- Tapping the vein
GWAR- War Party

and occasionally metallica...