( search forums )
F buttons / auto-enter taunt
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
echo
January 3, 2005, 7:00 pm
Make F buttons work as taunts. Or just make Alt+something display immediatly the message without pressing ENTER. Quite simple. (I'm not a frequent user of the forum so don't be surprised if this idea was alrdy posted by some other brilliant mind).

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 7:12 pm
Echo: It's A bad idea, 'cos if you press bad button, you can make bad, BAAD things...
example: The flag is escaping in the middle way, and you press "^Flag Escaping up!" And if the teammates are listening to you, everybody is going up, and the enemy flagger has clear way to the score...
I say: Leave the taunts alone... It's good now

echo
January 3, 2005, 7:24 pm
Well.. you have time to fix it. Unless your m8s are so dumb that they follow the first taunt instead of the fixed one.

Avskum
January 3, 2005, 7:55 pm
So youre saying you never taunt wrong with this system Shadow? I do it all the time.
Echos idea would make it all quicker, better and more elite. :o

p-h-e-e-l
January 3, 2005, 8:23 pm
i think that's a good idea! :D

i would like to do F1 and say "^enemy flag coming from up" without having to press enter :D

Teh Panda
January 3, 2005, 8:30 pm
Bad thing: Function buttons arent "in hands". If you need taunts, you need them fast. So, it would be more slow.

p-h-e-e-l
January 3, 2005, 10:41 pm
so u think pressing f1 or f2 or whatever is slower than pressin alt + somekey? :|

anyway, we souldn't need to press enter thou :|

Alamo
January 4, 2005, 2:15 am
I'd like some Instant taunts... Maybe in a new kind of format in the taunts.txt.
For example:

taunt 1

This would be the taunt you want to send and, 1 or 0, if it's an instant taunt, that means, if you have to press enter or not. That would preserve the still quite good tags like 'Up, Incoming: ', so you can quickly add a number and press Enter to send it. But taunts that can be sent immediately without enter would be a nice addition.

Avskum
January 4, 2005, 10:24 am
What you can do with the current system is that you bind your mouse3, or in my case my wheel button, to Enter.
Then you wont have to move your hand of your mouse.
But it would be even better if it could be instant, and not only the f1-f12 keys. :s

DeMonIc
January 4, 2005, 5:43 pm
Sure, implement this, and I'll make a clan that only does teammatch battles, and have all my clanmates /kill on their auto-enter taunts.So they won't frag me, nor my teammates, ever.I don't even want to think about what happens when you do that and enter a public game...
So I vote it down, because it's easy to abuse.

echo
January 4, 2005, 6:58 pm
1 - They already do that selfkill thing.
2 - In official/practice matches you just have to ask for some fair-play to avoid that lamme selfkill system
3 - Think about the other Mods like CTF where you have to give infos to your players as faster as you can
4 - If theres any abuse in a public server you can give some use to the vote kick system.

p-h-e-e-l
January 4, 2005, 7:55 pm
/me bows to echo :D

Alamo
January 4, 2005, 9:16 pm
Then fix the damn /kill command... Add a 10 seconds limit before execution or something.

Will
January 5, 2005, 1:55 pm
what if you press the wrong button by accident??

(alt + e = owned)(alt + r = NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!)

*you kill someone*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Unlucky 13
January 7, 2005, 4:20 am
Lol Will, that'd be funny.
Anyway Alamo, my idea was much the same, but someone (Meandor) locked it, because it resembled this. But rather than a number, a . (period)?

Avskum
January 7, 2005, 4:38 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcSure, implement this, and I'll make a clan that only does teammatch battles, and have all my clanmates /kill on their auto-enter taunts.So they won't frag me, nor my teammates, ever.I don't even want to think about what happens when you do that and enter a public game...
So I vote it down, because it's easy to abuse.

What? You can do exactly the same thing without auto-enter. So that has nothing to do with this.

Will
January 7, 2005, 6:51 pm
rofl. it wouldnt be funny if it was your arch enemy!!