( search forums )
sigh
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
bananaboi
January 4, 2005, 1:10 am
I really wanna play with other people on the internet but every time i press the "request servers" button it keeps saying "Lobby server is not responding.... blah blah blah"

so my question is who here plays Soldat online using dial-up connection and can you tell me what to do to play soldat online with dial-up connection please?

even if you dont post, thank you for reading anyway........

frogboy
January 4, 2005, 1:17 am
The lobby server is down if that happens.

bbqchips
January 4, 2005, 1:43 am
Try again later, I've been getting timeouts from the lobby server today also.

Alamo
January 4, 2005, 2:16 am
Oooh that's not necessarily the server... Maybe you've got a firewall? When my firewall is activated I can't connect... neither to the lobby nor to a server.

bananaboi
January 4, 2005, 2:26 am
I tried looking if i had one but i dont know where to search and i already tried to play online "later" but it still says that message

b00stA
January 4, 2005, 3:36 pm
Lobby server is not responding? READ

*sigh*

Anyway, the lobby is online for me right now. Just make sure to install the latest version of Soldat and that your firewall (if you have one) is letting Soldat connect outside.

bananaboi
January 4, 2005, 6:19 pm
thanks guys i really appreciate it but no one answered my question which is:

who here plays Soldat online using dial-up connection and can you tell me what to do to play soldat online with dial-up connection please?

bananaboi
January 6, 2005, 11:50 pm
sorry for double posting but

how do i know if i have a firewall or router?

Maluno
January 12, 2005, 1:14 am
If you're using dialup, then chances are 99% that you dont have a router. umm... as to the firewall issue, what version of windows are you running? Check your system tray (bottom right corner of screen) and see what icons you have there. Tell us, and we may be able to help out.

bananaboi
January 12, 2005, 5:30 pm
i have windows 98

Deleted User
January 12, 2005, 7:03 pm
Do you have any software installed, such as Zone Alarm or Tiny Firewall, that might be causing you to be unable to connect? Most firewalls will display an icon in the bottom right of your screen, near the clock. Give us a list of all the icons you have there, if you don't mind. We may be able to help you a little easier that way.

Alamo
January 12, 2005, 8:57 pm
when i still had my dial up i had no problems to connect to the lobby ( i had neither firewall nor router )

bananaboi
January 12, 2005, 11:17 pm
There are.....
McAfee VShield
Task Scheduler
Mouse
Volume
Service Connection
McAfee VirusScan Scheduler

those are the icons i have there

[edit]
hey it worked it was just that my internet settings were having the 404 error so i fixed it and i can paly online! look at my sig

Maluno
January 21, 2005, 8:28 pm
gratz. what settings did you change exactly?

bananaboi
January 22, 2005, 12:06 am
the lobby server ip was blocked, so i unblocked it