( search forums )
Favorite guitar solos?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
AerialAssault
January 4, 2005, 2:20 am
what are some of your favorite guitar solos?

my favorites are in the songs:
Guns n` Roses - Sweet Child of mine
Tool - Stinkfist (live in wilkes barre, PA)
Tool - Push it (Live Salival Version)

Cookie.
January 4, 2005, 3:57 am
Eruption ^__^ Van Halen
I went to a Mettalica concert a while back the solos Kirk Hammet did were pretty amazing ^_^

Aegis
January 4, 2005, 4:29 am
My favorite solo? Metallica - Fade to Black has been one of my favorites for a long while.

Messiah
January 4, 2005, 4:43 am
The Man Who Sold The World
-Nirvana.

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 5:37 am
yes - close to the edge.

oh ya it also has this ultra-sexy keyboard solo.

Messiah
January 4, 2005, 5:56 am
The bands name is "Yes"?

mariachi
January 4, 2005, 8:09 am
yes :D man, its good to see a few enlightened who still knows about them. Frusciante (spelling?) of rhcp said he gets a lot of inspiration from yes' clean melodies. Most of the time its not music id listen too, not cause its in any ways bad, just not my cup of tea.

I dont know if my favourite guitar thingie qualifies as a classical guitar solo/intro, but, I get the shivers everytime I listen to Radioheads - Hunting Bears from Amnesiac. So very slow but every note at the right place.

Wopkeuh
January 4, 2005, 10:21 am
I often look for random songs. A while ago I found an MP3 of a game called castlevania. Never played the game, but the metal version of the themesong is sweeet.

Look for "Castlevania Metal"

Haven't been able to find any legal restrictions on downloading it, so I guess it's legal to find it via kazaa or soulseek or whatever :)

Droopy
January 4, 2005, 12:31 pm
Europa - Santana

Long and hard. I still cant get some parts right(even after 3 months of playing it for fun).

Deleted User
January 4, 2005, 2:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by mariachiI dont know if my favourite guitar thingie qualifies as a classical guitar solo/intro, but, I get the shivers everytime I listen to Radioheads - Hunting Bears from Amnesiac. So very slow but every note at the right place.

so true :)
one of my favourites is Pink Floyd - Another brick In The Wall Part 2. also i love Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child.

Scuba Steve
January 4, 2005, 10:37 pm
Eruption by Van Halen for sure so insane

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 11:19 pm
I like Concierto de Aranjuez (spelling?) by Joquin Rodrigo. Overplayed, but classic

_Mancer_
January 4, 2005, 11:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by MessiahThe bands name is "Yes"?

Wtf..where the hell have you been...

Messiah
January 4, 2005, 11:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_quote:Originally posted by MessiahThe bands name is "Yes"?

Wtf..where the hell have you been...

Dude, in 100000000 years, i would have never thought a band would call themselves "yes", and ive never heard a song from van halen, so im gonna go download a few from yes and van halen :P

Spectral
January 5, 2005, 12:05 am
noob.

wormdundee
January 5, 2005, 3:41 am
yes and van halen are awesome...not that similar really...but yeh

i listen to mostly 80s music, so, there arent that many guitar solos in 80s stuff

AerialAssault
January 5, 2005, 4:59 am
maybe your listening to the wrong 80s stuff.

Junot
January 5, 2005, 9:07 am
Brian May's Concert Shizzam

mmeaney
January 5, 2005, 1:03 pm
Dire Straits - Sultan of Swing

Famine
January 5, 2005, 8:30 pm
Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn
Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
Yngwie Malmsteen - Far Beyond the Sun
Lots of others...too lazy to list

Eruption is overrated and not as crazy as it seems.

FliesLikeABrick
January 5, 2005, 10:28 pm
Yes > all.

my favorite is Acoustic Alchemy - Slap it Down, and also the intro to pink floyd - wish you were here

Jello
January 6, 2005, 11:02 pm
I love some of those harmonized Iron Maiden solos. Even though I kinda think Iron Maiden were idiots their solos rock.

that fuking sniper
January 7, 2005, 11:43 pm
Eruption - Van Halen
Phantom of the Opera - Iron Maiden
One - Metallica
Civil War - Guns N' Roses
Dreams of Grim Evergreen - Kiko

StelarBoy
January 12, 2005, 3:09 am
quote:Originally posted by WopkeuhI often look for random songs. A while ago I found an MP3 of a game called castlevania. Never played the game, but the metal version of the themesong is sweeet.

Look for "Castlevania Metal"

Haven't been able to find any legal restrictions on downloading it, so I guess it's legal to find it via kazaa or soulseek or whatever :)

download the NES emulator and the Castlevania 2 ROM, it has some pretty good songs