( search forums )
Extraction/Demolition
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Messiah
January 4, 2005, 5:16 am
This may make it a little complicated, but i dont think alot, if we could have two other types of games Extraction meaning you extract the hostages and keep them alive. And Demolition You have to blow up one teams side by getting the bomb/satchel in the middle of the map. Im not sure if this has been suggested before because, my "Search" isnt working for me says "Internal Error"

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 5:23 am
ya it's been suggested, I think gotten interest, but hasn't gone anywhere

KeFear
January 4, 2005, 5:58 am
it's like cs ;) i think it won't ever happen - thoug, i would like to see this in soldat ;)

Messiah
January 4, 2005, 6:02 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearit's like cs ;) i think it won't ever happen - thoug, i would like to see this in soldat ;)

Why do you think this would never happen? I think it could, because it would make Soldat have a few more gameplay options, and CS dosent have Capture the flag which is my favorite game to play in Soldat.

Vijchtidoodah
January 4, 2005, 6:07 am
There have been a few other threads like this but they mostly got flamed for copying CS. In fact, that was the only detriment to the idea, that it copied another game. While the posts of praise were a lot more constructive. So, I think if you got people to get past the fact that it borrows from another game, they'll accept it pretty easily.

That being said, I think that it is an awesome idea. It would certainly be a lot more fun than just random killing. You may want to search the other threads to get more ideas on how it would work.

Messiah
January 4, 2005, 6:09 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahThere have been a few other threads like this but they mostly got flamed for copying CS. In fact, that was the only detriment to the idea, that it copied another game. While the posts of praise were a lot more constructive. So, I think if you got people to get past the fact that it borrows from another game, they'll accept it pretty easily.

That being said, I think that it is an awesome idea. It would certainly be a lot more fun than just random killing. You may want to search the other threads to get more ideas on how it would work.

Yeah, ive seen some of the "Tactics" "More Tactical" threads, and i think this is the answer, Extraction or Demolition, although complicated and probably hard to make, im not sure due to a lack of creating games knowledge, but it would be awesome.