( search forums )
DM_Sandy_Bunker 1.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
The Geologist
January 4, 2005, 6:16 am
Okay...after having this map nearly finished and sitting on my comp for a few weeks, I'm finally putting it out there. I kinda lost my inspiration for this map half way through...so I hope you guys enjoy it. Here's the breakdown:

*Supports: DM, TM, pointmatch, and rambo
*Waypointed (might be a little rough...I should have smoothed the bugs out though)
*Best for 8-10 players
*The polys in the deepest parts of the water hurt you. Look out.

A few screens...

The overview:
[IMAGE]

Down by the water...
[IMAGE]

Tunnels o' fun...
[IMAGE]

And the link to download...
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/store/Sandy_Bunker.zip

Sorry to those who wanted a big sun up top...I couldn't find anything decent, so if you'd like it that badly send me a sun, and I'll put it in there in a second release. Otherwise, feel free to leave your comments and suggestions, and as always I'd like to hear about any bugs or problems for that second release.

Sprocket
January 4, 2005, 7:42 am
looks great..
it would be better with 10% more shading, though.

The Geologist
January 4, 2005, 9:12 am
Yeah...I might go back and tinker with that if it's a big enough need. Thanks for the input.

Soap
February 5, 2005, 9:57 am
This map looks really good. It deserves more of the spot light.

tntnik
February 7, 2005, 2:00 am
let me just say this: U DA MAN, GEOLOGIST! :)

peemonkey
February 7, 2005, 2:48 am
stop releasing the same map over and over :P (kidding, but seriously)

The Geologist
February 7, 2005, 3:52 am
Huh? This map is different from any other one...and this map was actually why I stopped previewing my maps in the "ideas" section of the mapping forum. Everyone got all excited about the preview and then I got all of...four posts in here, whereas there were double digits in the other topic. Go figure.

AWH_ReApEr
February 22, 2005, 2:14 am
I would be more than happy to add this to my server's line-up, but it looks like there's a missing scenery. >.<

[IMAGE]

This is a small thing that really bothers me for some reason:
[IMAGE]

It just doesn't look right.

Awesome map, though. Absolutely love it.

Darkspirit
March 30, 2005, 3:07 pm
WOW, great map Geo :). The little problem is that in the second water entrance, the water isn't greatly placed. It's supposed to be straight.

I love your cols effects..

grand_diablo
March 30, 2005, 5:15 pm
although this map is indeed rather nice, please do not revive such old topics. for such requests, no matter if theyre still of interest or not, use the PM feature.