( search forums )
Health Penalties
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
exPlosivo
January 4, 2005, 9:37 pm
I tried a search, but I got an "Internal Server Error". I kept trying and kept getting the same thing. Anyway, my idea is that, if you have taken a lot of damage, and as a result, have low health, you should recieve penalties of some sort. Movement, and accuracy are the first that come to mind, but reload time, and jumping/jet penalties are also possible. This could either be in affect in all game modes, or maybe only in survival and realistic. And in response to the common argument of "It's not Soldat," "Soldat is simple, keep it that way," or "Just won't happen," if it's a server side option, only available in realistic or survival modes (both of which, I might add, are very rarely played), it won't affect your ctf, inf, or dm servers one bit.

I'd ask for constructive criticism only, but I'm not that dumb.
Oh, and I highlighted the key parts for those members who don't like to read.

_Mancer_
January 4, 2005, 9:46 pm
Hmm.. Nah..I don't like it. We don't need to be punished ;D

Magniitude
January 4, 2005, 9:49 pm
Lots of people play realistic mode, its just that you get hurt so frequently and die it is so barely noticeble on even servers with 5-6 players. Maybe on larger maps. It gets pretty distracting, because the newbies will have a hard time surviving.

gunny
January 4, 2005, 9:49 pm
lol, the 79er's need to be punished.....

many times has one killed me right before i score

Alamo
January 4, 2005, 10:01 pm
I think losing health along with the bleeding on low health would be nice...

damnnation
January 4, 2005, 10:22 pm
for realistic i think some of these are ok

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 11:12 pm
agreed, pretty nice suggestion

exPlosivo
January 4, 2005, 11:22 pm
In response to Magniitude's points, I'm not saying that if you're not at 100% you are horribly penalized, I'm thinking more along the lines of, if you're below 50% you might be a little slower and your accuracy might vary a little. Also, Alamo, I think that would be a good idea, but probably only in realistic mode. Lots of people would complain if they slowly died while camping the flag, especially now in 1.2.1, since you can steal a teams health boxes.

Keron Cyst
January 5, 2005, 1:09 am
quote:Originally posted by exPlosivoI tried a search, but I got an "Internal Server Error"....
Don't search through the whole forum; just choose a specific section.

Aquarius
January 5, 2005, 1:15 am
great, this would make autos even stronger

exPlosivo
January 5, 2005, 1:33 pm
How would it make autos even stronger? Penalties incurred as a result of low health affect everyone, regardless of what gun they're using.

Will
January 5, 2005, 1:38 pm
no because if you have really low health u dont wanna be losing more do you? also if your accuracy was affected it would make you die more and make real mode even more boring and make survival mode terrible (whereas it is alright at the minute)

bucky_brad
January 5, 2005, 7:22 pm
I like the idea but IMO soldat is to fast paces for this idea to make much of a differance.

BMF
January 5, 2005, 7:32 pm
I dont like it

EDIT it would be AWESOME for realistic mode, to make it even more HARDCORE

Liber_Lupus
January 5, 2005, 8:15 pm
yeah, lets put all the bad ideas into realistic. Kinda same thing is in cs, in few servers. You start bleeding alot when your on low health, and after some time you will die.

Droopy
January 5, 2005, 9:36 pm
He didnt say anything about bleeding to death. I think...

I like it. But on larger maps it realy would be hard to survive. But then again, the respawn times are already so small that i dont think it would be a problem.
Imagine survival + realistic with this implimented.

Unlucky 13
January 7, 2005, 6:37 am
quote:Originally posted by damnnationfor realistic i think some of these are ok

Most of the ideas wouldn't matter in realistic mode, if you have played it, you would know that you die so quickly these wouldn't matter.

BMF
January 7, 2005, 6:04 pm
Realistic is the best. I wish more people would play it.

I would not trust a man if he can't hold his own in a realistic server. I think Jello said it.

Will
January 7, 2005, 6:49 pm
BMF. shuddup. i would whip your ass in any mode. :P

BMF
January 7, 2005, 6:52 pm
Are you that Will that spread reg codes a while back? If you are, I pwned your ass a bunch of times on pubs.