( search forums )
This server has gone *mad*
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Futile
January 5, 2005, 1:16 pm
I joined this server through the lobby - [URL]

If it's not up, check out these demos and screenshots.
[URL]

Here's a list of the strange stuff going on:

Pain isn't registered, so you never loose health
You have unlimited nades (they just respawn in your pocket...)
You can't throw away weapons
I saw some corpses (bots) and weapons lying scattered on the ground, and they didnt go away
All the bots weapons were hovering over their heads (!)
The lethal polygons didnt hurt you
I couldn't get any primary weapon, but I saw someone fire an AUG while I was in there.
You cant pick up flags
You cant use stationary guns
Respawn time resets itself, you never respawn

Yeah, well. Check out the demos, they're not very professional or anything, but I think you'll get the idea.

MOFO NOFO
January 5, 2005, 1:37 pm
1. the dead bot, is a weird bug,
2. mabye someone edited that map
3. HAXXXXXX!!!! lol

MercyM
January 5, 2005, 2:42 pm
What's the servers ping?
This is unforeseen.

Messiah
January 5, 2005, 2:46 pm
Im not going to download the screens and demos because i might know whats wrong, were there also parachutes bouncing around, it was probably "Wrong Map Version Bug" it happens in ctf_Kampf, everything goes messed nothing works flags dont work, and there are parachutes in the middle of the map bouncing around.

Melba
January 5, 2005, 4:21 pm
you dont get the "wrong map version" notifier tho... i joined just now, and it was kinda freaky :Q

Futile
January 5, 2005, 4:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by MessiahIm not going to download the screens and demos because i might know whats wrong, were there also parachutes bouncing around, it was probably "Wrong Map Version Bug" it happens in ctf_Kampf, everything goes messed nothing works flags dont work, and there are parachutes in the middle of the map bouncing around.

There were no parachutes, no. If you know whats wrong, will you please share with the rest of us?

Liber_Lupus
January 5, 2005, 7:39 pm
It's like the server has crashed in a very weird way.

Deleted User
January 5, 2005, 8:30 pm
Some of what you said sounds like someone paused the server, but that doesn't explain everything else. I'm not sure what to tell ya, it's just messed up.

Unlucky 13
January 7, 2005, 5:33 am
In that thing, it said something like DEMO disconnected, wtf?

Meh, confusing and horrific things on that map.

n00bface
January 7, 2005, 10:14 pm
Well the fact that your rank was displayed as "32/22" tells me that the server at one point had 32 people in it. 31 is the maximum amount of people a server can have in it before it will "break". When it "breaks" everything that happened to you..happens.

Futile
January 8, 2005, 12:07 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceWell the fact that your rank was displayed as "32/22" tells me that the server at one point had 32 people in it. 31 is the maximum amount of people a server can have in it before it will "break". When it "breaks" everything that happened to you..happens.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

How do you get 32 players in to the server? Does bots "count"? I suppose (if thats the case) that one can add 30 bots and simply let 2 ppl join - am I right?

zyxstand
January 8, 2005, 4:22 am
welli thnk i was in that server today!
i used baret as normal and i saw all the other ppl go around with and their weapons would sorta flicker but i saw myself having my gun and i fired and noone ever died neways
and i don remember the spawn thing cuz i dind't die cuz i just left when i realized - and u could only kill ppl with nade!

hated it