( search forums )
Destruction Match
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
echo
January 5, 2005, 8:42 pm
I'm not sure if theres any other topic talking about this, but i don't think so. So in Destruction Match we have:

- 2 teams
- 8 solid structures ( 4 on each side of the map )
- Can enable predator mod
- Objective: Each team have to destroy the 4 structures on the opponent's side in a default limit of time.
- As close the structure is from the opponent's side as strong the structure is, so its harder to destroy.
- Only ONE of the players from each team can destroy the last structure. That player will have vest but can only use Secondary Weapon (soccom,knife,law,chainsaw), so his team have to protect him until he reach the target. This "Speacial Player" have some kind of bomb that can only be used by getting close to the structure. That bomb is the only weapon capable to destroy that last structure ( You can imagine that last structure is a computer inside their base for example..so you gotta destroy that computer to finish the map ).

I hope you can understand my idea.. or else just lock the topic :p

Liber_Lupus
January 5, 2005, 8:49 pm
I like it, but the game would go too long with the special player.

p-h-e-e-l
January 5, 2005, 10:21 pm
i think that's a great idea! really! :)

porquilho
January 5, 2005, 10:51 pm
ah e tal,
its a great ideia!!!!!
MICHAL IMPLEMENT IT PPLZ!
lol :D
anyway, i think every player clould have a bomb so it would not take too long to finish.
And the strcutrures could fall down in a realisitc manner :D

MOFO NOFO
January 5, 2005, 11:13 pm
OMG... u nubs....(srry but..) Soldat isnt a bloody game where you shoot towers... Or whatever they are.. Soldat is a killing game, even ctf is KILLING, HOW CAN SOLDAT BE SOLDAT WHERE YOU JUST SHOOT TOWERS!!, btw: i sa we should have king of the hill, and not this ...

Futile
January 5, 2005, 11:16 pm
I think this would make Soldat too much of an "adventure" game, with long missions and objectives like that. In my humble opinion, it doesn't suit well in a fast paced deathmatch game like soldat.

echo
January 6, 2005, 12:18 am
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOOMG... u nubs....(srry but..) Soldat isnt a bloody game where you shoot towers... Or whatever they are.. Soldat is a killing game, even ctf is KILLING, HOW CAN SOLDAT BE SOLDAT WHERE YOU JUST SHOOT TOWERS!!, btw: i sa we should have king of the hill, and not this ...

Guess what? Probably you'll need to kill your opponents so you can destroy the structures.. Just like CTF.. kill opponents to reach the flag, "u nub".

Magniitude
January 6, 2005, 1:22 am
i guess its not that bad, but i highly doubt it will be implemented. People will get frustrated with who gets the be the "special person" and people may not want to defend someone. These will also have to introduce longer maps and slower gameplay.

Spectral
January 6, 2005, 2:08 am
i dont think it fits the gameplay of fast soldat, tho it could be entertaining

KeFear
January 6, 2005, 2:28 am
I don't think this would fit. This would need destructable poligons or something, which won't ever happen. .\

Liquid Metal
January 6, 2005, 2:39 am
Hmm, runs towards the structure killing peeps on the ways. Plant the bomb and get outtta there!!!! I think it would be quite fast, even that it probbaly wouldn't fit into soldat.

Michal
January 6, 2005, 3:05 am
Destructable polys and sceneries are not going to happen. The game mode is too complicated and really wouldn't work online. New weapons (bomb) will not be implemented for just one game mode.

Captain Ben
January 6, 2005, 4:05 am
yeah. players need to be treated equally in soldat. making one into the special bomb carrier would'nt really work out that well

BMF
January 6, 2005, 6:23 am
How about them vehicles??

echo
January 6, 2005, 8:16 am
Yes i know this will never be implemented. It's just a sugestion. There are other sugestions like:

Protect the Leader

. 2 Teams
. 1 leader each team - this leader is out of primary weapons but have VEST (or somekind of extra-life) and secondary weap.
. Objective: Kill enemy's leader. ( Limit: 10 kills for example )

I go exam right now.. so i had to do something for 10 mins. Maybe this is a sh!tY sugestion again bu i don't care :)

Boxo
January 6, 2005, 11:53 am
Without the 'special player' thing, Destruction Match could actually work. Anyone can shoot towers, so public servers could play it too.

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 12:36 pm
soldat = fast

blowing stuff up = slow

echo, srry for callin u nub, but u should of put more thought into this...., but still ok, just doesnt match the current gameplay?

echo
January 6, 2005, 12:39 pm
I do posts when i'm bored. So i'm not exactly creative on that situations. Anyway i just started the idea, maybe some1 would complete it or do some changes.

Yukwunhang
January 6, 2005, 12:48 pm
A great LAW shoot and the tower is destroyed.

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 12:56 pm
:p lol all pplz get laws,, 3..2..1.., new game lol 3..2..1.., new game lol, it will just be ... repeating... over... and.. 3..2..1.., newgame lol,...

Will
January 6, 2005, 1:32 pm
nah, not a good idea. too many arguments and names such as "n00b" and "camper"