( search forums )
How to create a Demo or Video (Soldat v.1.2.1)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
January 6, 2005, 2:48 am
This is an excerpt from a thread here on the forum. Thanks goes to Kazuki for all the hard work. To view the original thread, click here

Before I start off my post, I'd like to direct you to two valuable locations that you can use for further reference:

Soldat Manual
Common Bugs, Problems, and Questions List

Anyway, I made a bit of a tutorial on demos as well. Here it is. ;D

Step One: Demo Configurations

There are two ways of taking demos, ever since Soldat version 1.2.1. The first way is the old fashioned way; press F8 to start a demo and press F8 again to stop and save it. The second way is a new feature to Soldat and offers numerous configurations. We call this the Auto-Recording feature. Auto-Record does just what its name says, it constantly records, but only saves the last [number of seconds here] seconds of your action once you press F8. So let's say that you have Auto-Record on, and you just had a beautiful shot or a hillarious moment. Well, all you'd have to do is press F8, and now you have it recorded! Here's how to configure your auto-record settings.

First off, turn auto-record on:

[IMAGE]
---
[IMAGE]

Secondly, configure the amount of time your demo saves:

[IMAGE]

Step Two: Record Demos

As I said before, there are two different ways to record demos. While on normal recording mode, you must press F8 to start recording, and F8 again to stop recording and save your demo. This is what your screen should look like:

[IMAGE]

On another note, while on auto-recording mode, Soldat will start recording on its own as soon as you enter a game. This is what the screen should look like then:

[IMAGE]

Step Three: Viewing Demos

There are also two ways to view demos. One way is to open Soldat and click on the Join Game tab. From there, type the name of your demo in the IP box, type 0 in the port box, leave the Password box blank. Click on Request Game, and Soldat will play your demo for you. Example:

IP: autodemo32
Port: 0
Password:

Another way to view your demos is:

(From Hitman's Common Bugs thread)
We've had quite a few people asking how to play the demos they have recorded. For that there is the excellent Diamond Demo Player created by Pr0ger.

Extract the file in to the Soldat Directory and run it from there. Most people then create a shortcut to it on their desktop.