( search forums )
Tracker Missile (!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
January 6, 2005, 4:05 am
To Mods:
I have read the rules and see that something like a homing missile is stated as a superweapon, and that threads on unbalanced weapons are locked. But at least please read this before locking it because I'm not trying to suggest an unbalanced weapon ;-)

BTW, I'm assuming that's why my post in Dairy's ideas thread was deleted {:-|
- - - - - - - - - -
Primary Weapon: Tracker Missile
· Requirement: like the M72 LAW, you have to crouch or go prone in order to use it.
· What it does: Self-explanatory :-D
· Function: You must place your cursor on the desired Soldat to target (so that its name hovers with the cursor) for 3 whole seconds before launching. The Tracker Missile will not fire any time beforewards. The long tracking delay is for Soldaten to thwart it or bink the carrier in time. If that's too long a wait, then make it 2.5 seconds; I don't care ;-)
· Sound: For every second of successful tracking, a blip sounds out, and when the missile can be launched, two blips sound out in quick succession.
· Gameplay Balance: There're many methods. Definitely slap on a high reload rate. Maybe make it slow enough so it can be dodged (or fast with a slow turn rate), give it a fuel limit, etc.

Captain Ben
January 6, 2005, 4:12 am
HELL NO!!
nice idea but it would'nt fit in with soldat.

also, wtf is leiro?

DT
January 6, 2005, 4:56 am
not even a good weapon... its patetic... no
all you need is to aim if you wana hit

Judge_Man
January 6, 2005, 5:00 am
Yep, it would not fit at all and it would suck the way you made it.
It's like a LAW but you have to wait 3 sec to shoot.. Cause LAW missile i very fast so.. a tracker missile is useless.

BMF
January 6, 2005, 6:22 am
you want something even cheaper than LAW? No thank you

By the way don't you love some asshole who shoots you down with a LAW, and then calls you a barretard to your face?

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 12:39 pm
can you dodge the missle, lol, because if its IMPOSSIBLE to get away from it, e.g. , follows you dow tunnels without exploding :S, then this idea is BULL$#!+

DeMonIc
January 6, 2005, 12:55 pm
Ok, let's see..
You want a new primary, correct?This primary would have major disadventages, making it weaker than fists, and in return, the only thing it does is follow the target.
If it would be a guided missile, that you guide, maybe it would work..but definately not as a primary.
P.s.: Could you please stop using so many of these?It's so annoying to read if you use them too much.

Will
January 6, 2005, 2:00 pm
lets see.... whats the word to define this.....

*looks in dictionary*

o yeah, here it is..... CRAP!

papasurf31
January 6, 2005, 2:45 pm
Great idea. While we're at it, let's make the barret automatic with splash damage.

Michal
January 6, 2005, 3:01 pm
I don't think there's such thing as a homing anti-Personell missile, but correct me if I'm wrong...
Keep in mind that the weapons in Soldat are all real and they share some characteristics with their real-life counterparts.

Alamo
January 6, 2005, 6:13 pm
... Show me how you keep your CH's over a fast moving enemy for whole 3 seconds and I'll bake you some cookies.

Futile
January 6, 2005, 6:29 pm
I totally support a new missile weapon, but like I said in the other thread; dont make is so weak, and make it guided instead of homing.

Does anyone remember the super sheep from worms? It had the capacity to be the perfect weapon. You could guide it to any target, anywhere - neither wind nor deep tunnels could save you. If the player was good enough, it was a certain hit, and a lot of pain.

However, I can bet that no-one actually lost a game due to the super sheep. Even though this weapon was so great, it was very rare to find aplayer good enough to master it. The sheep flew to fast to be properly controlled, and the turning... well, you could twist and turn it pretty much any way you wanted, but the speed of the thing kept you from getting it going in the proper direction.

This kind of weapon could easily be implemented in soldat and wouldnt be unbalanced at all. It has capacity to be very powerful and it is very noob-friendly, but also very hard to win on. You will get a frag or two, but the third time you'll get chainsawed while controlling the missle.

And I'm not completely sure wether it should be a first or secondary weapon...

Liber_Lupus
January 6, 2005, 7:17 pm
What good would that weapon do? Would it be fun to use? No. Would it be useful? No. 3 whole seconds?

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 7:28 pm
seconday for it...., but then whats the use of the law??

Liber_Lupus
January 6, 2005, 7:44 pm
To aim and shoot and if you hit your happier. You just killed a few pixels tall player. But the tracker missile thingy would do it all for you. You woulnt feel proud of yourself and the happynes level is veeery low.

Svirin Kerath
January 6, 2005, 9:06 pm
seriously, we have the law, so what's the point? why not just learn to aim?

Messiah
January 6, 2005, 10:15 pm
Yeah, law is cheap in off as it is, please dont make it worse, if you use law, switch to Knife now, it actually requires skillz, or better yet USSOCOM! :D

Meandor
January 6, 2005, 11:04 pm
Some deranged person called Nuzz suggested this some time ago :<