( search forums )
Creating Aim Maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
echo
January 6, 2005, 8:24 am
I'm not a user of Map Editor so maybe i'm wrong but i wonder if in Map Editor you can enable one weapon only? Or this can only be made in the server options? If we could choose the weapons in the Map Editor we could easily create Aim Maps. For example: Aim_m79 - This map could only be played with m79 and secondary weapons ( no matter on wich server we are playing ). Other aim maps examples: aim_deagle_vs_ruger ; aim_soccom ; aim_knife ; (...).

Boxo
January 6, 2005, 11:50 am
No map editor can do this, and servers can't make map-specific weapon limitations either. You have to change weapons from the options menu.

Great idea, anyway. (servers doing map-specific weapon adjustents)

p-h-e-e-l
January 6, 2005, 12:55 pm
yep great idea! :D

Will
January 6, 2005, 2:02 pm
ok.... not the best idea... not the worst...

papasurf31
January 6, 2005, 2:48 pm
Or, to save some trouble, just allow the admin to change what weapons are available in game on the fly. He can do just about everything else, and this could prevent any single weapon whoring.

Deleted User
January 6, 2005, 3:20 pm
*points to /addweapon idea*

Futile
January 6, 2005, 6:32 pm
Map specific weapon adjustments is great idea. More control to the map makers!

Messiah
January 6, 2005, 10:17 pm
Use 'Search' next time dude, or read the Manual, tells you alot.

Vijchtidoodah
January 6, 2005, 10:49 pm
I've been thinking too...the admin/server should have the ability to:
-Change the weapons layout for each specific map
-Change the available weapons on the fly
-And change the available weapons to specific players (in case someone is whoring)

caytchen
January 8, 2005, 10:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by BoxoNo map editor can do this, and servers can't make map-specific weapon limitations either. You have to change weapons from the options menu.

You can limt the weapons allowed in the server ini.

echo
January 8, 2005, 11:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by caytchenquote:Originally posted by BoxoNo map editor can do this, and servers can't make map-specific weapon limitations either. You have to change weapons from the options menu.

You can limt the weapons allowed in the server ini.

Just read the sugestion again. The idea is to make the server identify the weapons according to the different maps. Imagine you playing aim_deagles - here the server would recognize that the only weapon available during the map is DEAGLES! Then the map is over and it changes do Flashback, for example. In flashback server would recognize that all weapons are allowed.
I sugested to make an option in Map Editor to select the weapons allowed according the map. But it seems it's not possible. I didnt knew it. Sorry.

Maluno
January 9, 2005, 2:41 am
No, i think that this major limitation to the gameplay possibilities should not be left to the cartographer's ideas, but to the server admin's.