( search forums )
My 1st idea for soldat ...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 3:03 pm
Well, I've been posting around in Game Improvements, and well....
I feel there should be another stationary gun.., and bigger maps to go with it, the gun i am talking about is a stationary gun that shoots rockets(weak ones) and takes 5 seconds to reload, the catch is, you have to HOLD the fire button for 0.5 - 0.7 seconds to shoot it, it wouls have to have a "bigbang" effect( like shooting a fast nade), so it would equal out the weapons effect...

to sum it up..
New Stationary gun that shoots rockets,
5 second reload per shot,
0.5,0.7 second fire button hold,
Nade explosion effect,,

Well, thats my idea, it may seem unfair, but there are stationary rocket launchers in army stuff(lol).... so why not soldat??

blackdevil0742
January 6, 2005, 9:45 pm
personally i don't like it but i would like to have something added to the game.

_Mancer_
January 6, 2005, 9:47 pm
I beleive something LIKE this was suggested.. a mortar or something...but I think this would be ALRIGHT...

Messiah
January 6, 2005, 10:13 pm
Ehh, it might be ok, but i think i tmight also piss alot of people off, because it would be like an m79 shooter, but if it had like a reload, the same as M79, i think that may be ok, but i know for a fact, lots of people would hate this, but im with yeah ;)

Magniitude
January 6, 2005, 10:22 pm
Lots of these ideas wont work because:

1. At first, people reject them and say its unbalanced and such.
2. People's ideas are to weaken it, but then so much as to make it barely usable.
3. So in the end, lots of weapon ideas wont be able to make it through. =(

Deleted User
January 6, 2005, 10:26 pm
This has been suggested before, well..almost, similar ideas has popped up numerous times. The reason I don't think this would work out to well, is because most people would rather just use the LAW. LAW is almost the same as as you said "A fast nade". It also shoots instantly so you don't need any of that bothersome .5-.7 waiting time. Unless your idea was for the explosion this stat gun will do to be tremendous. If that were the case people would complain about it as much as they do for the stat guns we have now.

Not to say I don't like this idea though. It'd be like camping with the Scorpion from Halo. God I love that. *Continues to have flashbacks of numerous LAN parties*

Michal
January 6, 2005, 10:28 pm
If there were to be another statgun. I would want this:
[IMAGE]
It's actually a real gun, like the M2 already in the game.
It would have to have a slower rate of fire than the current statgun.
The explosions should be weaker and smaller than M79 (like cluster nade explosions), around 2 hits a kill.
And I think the range should about twice that of the M79.
The main difference over the current statgun would be that hits push soldiers.

Deleted User
January 6, 2005, 10:33 pm
Well so does the current stat gun, right? Not as much as a M79, but it still pushes 'em.

Liber_Lupus
January 6, 2005, 10:45 pm
Most of the servers have'nt enable the stat gun. And if some server has it's barely used, if ever. So why do you think this gun would be used more?

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 11:24 pm
1. this gun has reload time faster than law,
2. because its a leet gun, and would go with NEW AND IMPROVED MAPS... and because no-one rejects something new in soldat
3. lol nice stat gun, sorta what i was thinking of, except stronger,
4. MUAHAHAHA OWNAGE VIA. MISSILES!!.. lol just *had* to say that

ty for you posetive replies :D

Magniitude
January 7, 2005, 1:40 am
But you would make new maps just to use this new stat gun?

MOFO NOFO
January 7, 2005, 1:44 am
because..... i didnt say literally make, i ment IMPROVE!! :P cause picture infiltration, blue team NEARLY always loses.. 1 of those in ur team... :P

Deleted User
January 7, 2005, 1:48 am
I'd like to know where you play INF, when I play it seems to be about half-n-half.

MOFO NOFO
January 7, 2005, 2:33 am
i play inf anywhere lol

Liquid Metal
January 7, 2005, 4:50 am
Dude ppl still complain about the stat gun. If you put this in it'll give something more for them to complain about and then there will be balancing issues and all that. Maybe later, right now soldat needs polishing up. But still its a good idea.

Liber_Lupus
January 7, 2005, 8:47 am
I have a good feeling this wont get into soldat...

The Geologist
January 7, 2005, 9:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusI have a good feeling this wont get into soldat...

Agreed. It'll be a cold day in hell when we see this.

MOFO NOFO
January 7, 2005, 5:39 pm
ok..... but its only a suggestion.. if u cant read here.. "Game Improvements / Suggestions"... ....... ..... .... ... .. .

Will
January 7, 2005, 6:46 pm
i dont really like this idea. srry mofo.

MOFO NOFO
January 7, 2005, 7:04 pm
aww.... btw... lol ur raiding all the posts :P

Will
January 7, 2005, 7:10 pm
i always do it. i am actually a robot called SPAMMASTER 5000 - FORUM EDITION

lol

Messiah
January 7, 2005, 11:17 pm
Maybe a picture of it would be nicer than the real thing, we have the stat gun :P we dont need another unstoppable m79 shooter.

The Geologist
January 8, 2005, 2:27 am
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOok..... but its only a suggestion.. if u cant read here.. "Game Improvements / Suggestions"... ....... ..... .... ... .. .

Yes, I can read. I can read just fine MOFO. But even if it is a suggestion, it's a suggestion that has little/no chance of appearing in the game. In fact, I think it's a bit overboard and mildly ridiculous. Can you read that?

Krieg
February 4, 2005, 6:44 am
whoa, Geolologist, calm down there abit, just a suggestion, you know, like if a person SUGGESTS something, it means that if it gets good feedback it might be added into the game, but for me, i dont like the idea of a "noob cannon" like statgun, it's bad enough that the normal statgun is over powered has no ammo limit and keeps spraying out bullets, so explain to me, what reason would professionals, maybe like me, want an automatic cluster cannon in the game?

person
February 4, 2005, 2:07 pm
Seriously, count to 5. You will realise that this would be the most useless piece of [IMAGE] weapon - you may as well use the LAW.
In fact, the LAW is better than this turret.

If any new turret was to be introduced, it should be an even moreso inaccurate version of the mp5, but shoots 4 times faster.

But in all seriousness; turrets should be removed full-stop.

MOFO NOFO
February 4, 2005, 4:26 pm
this topic is WAAAAAAY old.. umm did i say auto cluster cannon, i mean fast long range m79 cannon. and it would help us in games like INF..

um person, STFU why would you want MM's creation (ie statgun) to be removed... you MUST die. EVIL..

KnOt
February 4, 2005, 5:22 pm
Suggested many times before.. I don't particularly mind it..