( search forums )
Looking for a GOOD clan...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Clan Recruitment
xXShavoXx
January 20, 2003, 2:11 am
I'm looking for a clan. Well known or just starting, it doesn't matter to me, as long as some sort of teamwork is stressed (IE: I don't get left behind by the guy who is in 1st). I am on a 1500Kbps cable connection (but I'm behind a router so I wont be able to host due to a firewall [V]) and got most of my practice on a 56k, so I'll know what to do if lag hits. I'm especially good with the Sniper Rifle, but if it gets out of hand I usually just stick with my trusty Steyr Aug [:P].

Things I'm good at: Flag Running, Defending, Protecting the flag runner, Sniping, Nading, Lag Shooting (Shooting past lag, not creating lag purposely [;)]) and evading (rolling and then shooting).

Also, I'm very busy with school, so if you are a very demanding clan, forget about it. Life comes first and I can't work around my schedule to play a videogame. And if you're in a clan that has a history of cheating, go ahead and stop reading. I've never used a cheat nor installed one. And if your clan is looking for a mapmaker/member, sign me up. I love making maps[:-bonc01]! Well, that about somes it up.

MSN- SinSorrowAndSadness@hotmail.com (also my email)

Thanks [:D]

*EDIT* I knew I was forgetting a few things. I live in the US, I am more of a CTF type of guy, but team DM is just as fun. I don't have a killer ego, but I WILL get competitive if someone in my clan starts doing better than me (Competitive in a good way, not "I-hate-it-when-clanmates-do-better-than-me-I'm-so-l337" competitive [;)]). I think that's it, if you have any other questions just ask me here or on MSN.

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 20, 2003, 2:28 am
well u'll have to prove yourself in tryouts but if you want you can apply at SS, but remember we don't take n00bs, or advanced so u better be an expert if you wanan waste our time

xXShavoXx
January 20, 2003, 4:37 am
Hey Optik. I was just wondering what the name of your recruiter was. I forgot it (obviously). Thanks.

BTW- I hope you realized I'm not n00bish [:D]

[IMAGE]

To bad you left 1/2 way thru [V]

Jelly_King
January 20, 2003, 4:59 am
That doesn't really prove much...its CTF, you could have been on a really good team or gotten lucky. If you wanna impress, show your deathmatch scores...

Anyhoo, you should join my clan, |SoA|, the Soldiers of the Apocalypse. Email me at grahamer@chariot.net.au. I'm looking for some new members, we'll be happy to have you...i'll test you out myself sometime if i can get organised.

xXShavoXx
January 20, 2003, 12:12 pm
Funny you mention that, because most clan matches are CTF (but yes, sometimes they are TDM). But if you want to see my DM scores, that's fine by me. Just msg me on MSN and I'll see what I can do.

mateenjahanmiry
January 21, 2003, 4:59 am
hey, we need a good defender for our clan, talk to me on aim or msn, i got ur msn, mine is ninjafish2003@hotmail.com : also my e-mail

mateenjahanmiry
January 21, 2003, 5:01 am
um, wait, why did u go through all that trouble to show us u won in a server, hmmm, a good player wouldn't do something like that. i bet u got lucky and just wanted to show ur scores once, hehe.

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 21, 2003, 5:43 am
edit your post. MJ

Anyways...screenshots are nearly useless...they can be easily doctered and it doesnt show how long you have been playing in that game or anyone else in the game for that matter...im sure you probably are good. but a screen shot doesnt really help your argument much. Just email some clan leaders for tryouts or join "tryout arenas" I hear .SPW is recruiting...and i recommend anyone that is decent to try out for their clan...they have the potential to be one of the best.

Also...for recruiting defenders...most people don't recruit defenders that primarily flag...the best way to recruit a defender is to play with them in a server...if you notice that they pick you off every time you try to flag...assuming you're the flagger...ask them to tryout or something. It is obviously harder to recruit a defender because they almost never score the highest in a ctf game...if you want a defender find someone that kills...which means TDM or DM. I dont suggest pointmatch or rambomatch because the scores aren't "real" like you get more points for having the flag(2 points per kill)...and more points when you have the bow(you can kill more people)

ExMortis
January 21, 2003, 6:08 am
Thanks for the head up, Psylent. On another note I didn't 100% realize you were Syzygy until just now :P
Shavo, I put you on my messenger list (I'm "Beyond the Grave") so we can set something up on there if you'd like to try out.

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 21, 2003, 6:26 am
also for another recruiting possibility...i hear SoC is recruiting...if its convinent for you (they are located in sweden) so i dunno but they are also an impressive clan...if you didn't hear...they beat -{S:S}-

however there is a minor possible setback...MrKhan is the leader and some of the previous members have had some "disagreements" with him...but if you can work with him and are ok with the timezone...i suggest applying for that clan as well.

ExMortis: is that so? lol.

Jelly_King
January 22, 2003, 1:02 am
why does everyone always want you to join the big clans? why be part of a bunch of dozens (no individuality) and hardly ever get to play for your clan?

join me instead....grahamer@chariot.net.au

http://www.soa-clan.tripod.com ...good site

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 22, 2003, 2:10 am
lol .SPW is 3 members with one having problems

SoC is like ~3 aswell. MrKhan, Ender, and S8N. I don't remember if there are more.

mak89gt
January 22, 2003, 11:55 am
there are more at http://www2.hemsida.net/mrkhan . soc is having a bad time tho, they lost their first match.

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 22, 2003, 11:13 pm
um no. hotacid and outcast are in .exe now...and arcwolf doesnt play online... and padawan is well..."inactive" which leaves MrKhan, Ender, and S8N...i do believe thats 3

ráz0r
January 24, 2003, 11:34 pm
Indeed, my clan lost a member and um i'm recruiting I guess and I hae training players now, cos some have "it" and some don't. Do you have IT? If u do pm or msn or aim me or w/e.
teh oral pwnage clan, also known as :top: and also known as teh ownage projecta and many more.
(oo)<(niqqah hoe)=:pot: nubs.

mateenjahanmiry
January 25, 2003, 5:13 pm
well, we have room for one more player in our clan, now that corlan has joined [:D]. ps. i like ur clan's site jelly king ,it's cool.

liquidis x snake
January 28, 2003, 4:50 am
yo shavo, are u still looking for a clan? if so, DHA is looking for new members. message me on AOL Instant Messanger, screenname: MR NYQUIL 626. me and my "co-leader" will test you out ;D