( search forums )
shoot grenades
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Harwin
January 7, 2005, 10:26 pm
I would like to be able to shoot grenades and they explode.

Anyone else agree?

_Mancer_
January 7, 2005, 10:35 pm
Suggested... you have the m79. Use it.

Harwin
January 7, 2005, 10:40 pm
I know but if you dont have a M79 at the moment, some desert eagle or whatever, can be handy being able to shoot grenades.

But i dunno.

_Mancer_
January 7, 2005, 10:51 pm
Well its been suggested before and rejected, so this aint going to happen.

And besides, you can still throw grenades pretty far. This is highly unneeded.

Magniitude
January 7, 2005, 11:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by HarwinI know but if you dont have a M79 at the moment, some desert eagle or whatever, can be handy being able to shoot grenades.

But i dunno.

What are you trying to say? You can only have one primary at a time. Having a grenade shooter would be like having a secondary. And like Mancer said you can already throw them.

Deleted User
January 7, 2005, 11:36 pm
Or what about if you shoot granades, they explode?

I dont know if that happens, could work.

MOFO NOFO
January 7, 2005, 11:41 pm
lol.... suggest something cooler... LIKE KING OF THE HILL!!! ... lol

frogboy
January 8, 2005, 12:00 am
I think he means is, if you throw a grenade and then shoot it, it explodes, right?

Futile
January 8, 2005, 12:04 am
Yeah. He is talking about shooting at 'nades mid-air, making them go off. That way you could blow your opponents nades up right in his face if you're lucky.

However. Nades in Soldat are pretty small, and the practical use and strategical value of this function is too small. In other words: it's useless. It wont add anything usefull nor help develop the gameplay.

I say no.

Keron Cyst
January 8, 2005, 12:42 am
What about rockets? Then if shotgun-handlers are reactive enough, they might be able to save their lives :-D

The Geologist
January 8, 2005, 2:21 am
quote:Originally posted by HarwinI know but if you dont have a M79 at the moment, some desert eagle or whatever, can be handy being able to shoot grenades.

But i dunno.

Here's an idea:
1) Drop your secondary
2) Kill someone with an m79
3) Steal that m79
4) Shoot and reload.

Now let's sit back and wait for this to be locked.

Deleted User
January 8, 2005, 2:29 am
I think its already been stated that making the calculations for a bullet hitting a grenade would be a bit more intensive then a bullet hitting a Soldat/collider. On top of that, what if you're firing and throwing a grenade at the same time? Besides, why would you want to shoot a grenade, other then to stop one from hitting you, when you can just dodge and save your ammunition for the guy who threw it.

Magniitude
January 8, 2005, 2:45 am
If not shoot them, which would almost be impossible for the thrower to kill someone with it without a hectic scene or a dumb opponent, can we be able to shoot the nades and push them away? It wouldnt explode, but you could push it enough so you wont take full brunt of the damage.

Marine
January 8, 2005, 7:42 am
...what the HELL? My God....

I can't even comment on this thread, I'm laughing so hard...

Judge_Man
January 8, 2005, 7:51 am
quote:Originally posted by HarwinI would like to be able to shoot grenades and they explode.

Anyone else agree?

I would like to be able to shoot normal nades W/O EXPLODING MY FACE.

Anyone else agree?

KeFear
January 8, 2005, 9:28 am
So much un-understanding, this is what i see.. the guy wants to shoot normal nades. Not another weapon that "shoots" nades like the m79.

Nice idea, but would make nades a bit useless against autos (and i don't mean the vehicles, LOL)