( search forums )
Events in map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Arzhul
January 8, 2005, 4:56 am
I just got the idea to improve the map maker so we could implement events, like roof falling to block a part of the map or something like that. Doors suddenly closing and locking so the players inside would leave a bloody mess behind. Platforms opening to make players fall to their doom. You get the idea, actually, maybe you don't... In a way it might change the game to 'adventure-like' but think about it, every shooter has those kinds of events, so why not soldat?

Deleted User
January 8, 2005, 7:29 am
Congratulations!

This has to be the best suggestion I have ever heard. In no way has this ever been suggested before.

We have to implement this RIGHT AWAY. NOW.

[/sarcasm]

Search

Marine
January 8, 2005, 7:39 am
Yea. Search please.

And you, mean like triggers in Starcraft Map Editor (for example)?

I don't think it's worth the time, or good for Soldat..

Judge_Man
January 8, 2005, 7:53 am
SO many times suggested, SO much Lag it would create.

Search.

Can someone tell me why like 90% of peeps have error with search?? mine works well..

Futile
January 8, 2005, 10:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Judge_ManSO many times suggested, SO much Lag it would create.

Search.

Can someone tell me why like 90% of peeps have error with search?? mine works well..

The server isn't fast enough to execute the search-query before the script is timed out. It's a safety thing to not let one script hog up all the resources of it's server. The search works only if you define a small enough part of the forum to search.

Solution: the server admin could increase the timelimit for executing scripts.

Or maybe I'm the only one seeing this?