( search forums )
Jedi mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Enemy
January 8, 2005, 2:20 pm
Make it possible to use "force powers" like push, pull, absorb, force jump, force speed, mindtrick, grip, heal, lightning..... like in jk jedi outcast or academy...

Just an idea.. :)

Chakra
January 8, 2005, 2:30 pm
you are out of your tiny little mind.

Futile
January 8, 2005, 2:32 pm
What exactly would you push, pull and absorb? Not to mention mindtricking and gripping...

I'm, by sheer principle, against sci-fi and/or fantasy elements in soldat. Atleast for the time being. I dont think the force jump/speed would add anything good to the game. Being fast and jumping high does require skills and experience. Giving those abilities to anyone would ruin a good part of the game.

The healing isn't very good either. Getting your bleeding ass to a medpack before someone takes you out is also a part of the game that requires strategy and knowledge. These are all stuff that separates vets from noobs, and thats the way it should be.

Lightning... well... casting offensive magic would be just another weapon, and new weapons needs a lot more thought than just mentioning it's name. Please elaborate if you like, but it's most likely a no anyways.

Sprocket
January 8, 2005, 2:39 pm
lol.. this must be that crazyest idea that has ever been mentioned.. though i like it a bit..

echo
January 8, 2005, 2:41 pm
ridiculous..

Enemy
January 8, 2005, 2:46 pm
Have u never played jk....
Mindtrick would be like predator just better because you would be totally invisible...(u just get visible again when u start to shoot)
force jump: faster and higher jump...
push: to push other players away, and damage them when they colide with ground or walls....
pull: to pull other players, then u can take their weapon or knife them...

remember u have limited force, wich slowly regenerates after use...

Futile
January 8, 2005, 3:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnemyHave u never played jk....
Mindtrick would be like predator just better because you would be totally invisible...(u just get visible again when u start to shoot)
force jump: faster and higher jump...
push: to push other players away, and damage them when they colide with ground or walls....
pull: to pull other players, then u can take their weapon or knife them...

remember u have limited force, wich slowly regenerates after use...

Nah, I never played jedi knights. But my arguments against this idea is still valid. Just need to ad:

Mindtrick: we have predator mode. Having powerups through "the force" would be like carrying powerups with you, all the time. That's just not funny, not challenging and doesn't add anything positive to the game.

caytchen
January 8, 2005, 3:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakrayou are out of your tiny little mind.

It was his idea, maybe there are some people that like it, other maybe dont like it. When everyone would post what he think, there would be no need to post ideas here. When you can tell him any constructive, you may try posting again.

[ Your Posting is a virtual insult, and as you may know, you can be legally sued for insults. Even here. ]

Michal
January 8, 2005, 4:00 pm
Soldat is not star wars!
It is a 2D military shooter.
We don't want jedi powers, spaceships, lasers, phasers or whatever...

MOFO NOFO
January 8, 2005, 5:12 pm
umm........ 1 answer from me.... WTF WHERE YOU THINKING, WHAT DRUG HAVE THEY PT YOU ON, GO WATCH STARWARZ, WE DUN WANT GEEKINESS IN SOLDAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:...

Deleted User
January 8, 2005, 6:20 pm
tap again the CapsLock button MOFO...
enemy: Soldat Is a Military game, and not StarWars!
If you want to see "Force Powers", Go and play JK!

Meandor
January 8, 2005, 6:55 pm
lmao, i can imagine it..
force grip

[IMAGE]

captainfalcon1912
January 8, 2005, 8:41 pm
heh heh, I think that it's an okay idea if it wasn't too cheap, but no one cares what I think because i'm a newbie.. waaah.....

Enemy
January 8, 2005, 9:05 pm
lol! ppl in here is really negative to new alternative sugestions....

Liber_Lupus
January 8, 2005, 9:13 pm
Well if you find your mind under your bed covered up in spider webs then you would understand how stupid your suggestion is.

Vijchtidoodah
January 8, 2005, 9:33 pm
This idea got me thinking...I really hate the flamer bonus because that gun is much worse than most others in the game. Instead, we could try to add some sort of lightning gun like what this guy is trying to get at.

Just a suggestion...but electrocuting (and possibly blasting away) multiple enemies at once all around me would be much cooler than running around with a flame thrower that barely does any damage and only does so at extremely close range.

Morik
January 8, 2005, 9:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahThis idea got me thinking...I really hate the flamer bonus because that gun is much worse than most others in the game. Instead, we could try to add some sort of lightning gun like what this guy is trying to get at.

Just a suggestion...but electrocuting (and possibly blasting away) multiple enemies at once all around me would be much cooler than running around with a flame thrower that barely does any damage and only does so at extremely close range.

i like that idea, cause the flame god mode sucks, especially at ctf games. I would like to see it replaced with a bit more powerful weapon.

DT
January 8, 2005, 10:02 pm
This is a 2D Shoting game... how the hell does Starwars even fit in soldat? or solday fit into Starwars?

KeFear
January 8, 2005, 10:20 pm
Oh yeah, i could imagine a power-up like Meandor made, i think the flamer god sucks.

The Geologist
January 8, 2005, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by caytchen

Your Posting is a virtual insult, and as you may know, you can be legally sued for insults. Even here.

Are you dense? People get insulted here all the time, and Chakras words were hardly an insult. So, if you're done being full of sh*t, I'd thank you to stop saying such things...maybe you too have a tiny brain and feel threatened. Whatever...gonna sue me now?

quote:Originally posted by Enemylol! ppl in here is really negative to new alternative sugestions....

Yes...people can be really negative. But your idea just doesn't work with Soldat, and that's part of why you get such a negative responce. No Jedi powers here, thank you very much.

Will
January 8, 2005, 11:08 pm
*n00b comes on server*

"WHEEEEEEEEE LETS ABSORB EVERYONE!!!!!!"

_Mancer_
January 8, 2005, 11:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Enemylol! ppl in here is really negative to new alternative sugestions....

Because this has to be the stupidest idea ive ever heard. Ever.

paramud
January 9, 2005, 12:14 am
i agree with everyone, but enemy.

Liquid Metal
January 9, 2005, 12:57 am
Mind control!??! lmfao! Y not just play starwars then?

MOFO NOFO
January 9, 2005, 1:03 am
lol.. force push.. makes all guns useless

example:
*noobie shoots law missile at MOFO NOFO while ihasdhfasd shoots a sniper shot*
FORCE PUSH
*pushes bullet and law missile away*
MIND CONTROL
*maked noobie and ihasdhfasd shoot each other*

[/example]

ThE_cHeAt
January 9, 2005, 5:40 am
Cool idea, but it would be good for a mod. In place of the secondary weapons could be different powers and the primary weapons could be different sabres or something like that.

bucky_brad
January 9, 2005, 9:10 am
I like the idea.

Freekill
January 9, 2005, 12:00 pm
The only sci-fi thing that fits in soldat is jet.

But a mod might be a good idea.

The Geologist
January 9, 2005, 12:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThE_cHeAtCool idea, but it would be good for a mod.

quote:Originally posted by Freekill
But a mod might be a good idea.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=10720
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16962
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19225
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=12611

papasurf31
January 9, 2005, 6:00 pm
Posting random links and expecting people to click them doesn't really appeal. Maybe you should label them geo, people might be more enthusistic to click them, especially the newb star wars afficinadoes.

The Geologist
January 9, 2005, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Posting random links and expecting people to click them doesn't really appeal. Maybe you should label them geo, people might be more enthusistic to click them, especially the newb star wars afficinadoes.

1) Don't know how to label the links how I want to (as in making the link a label itself). If I had felt like writing a label next to each link I cold have...but I didn't. Oh well.
2) Don't care if people aren't "enthusiastic" enough to click the links...they want mods, I gave them links. If they can't put 2 and 2 together, that's their problem.

MOFO NOFO
January 10, 2005, 1:13 am
why is this topic still not dead, lol? like MM would NEVER and i mean NEVER want starwars s#!+ in soldat,, because soldat is what the name says it to be, SOLDAT, which means soldier in 10 languages (?)... so theres no chance in hell it will EVER be Starwars episode seven : soldat :/