( search forums )
INF Abel 2 - GREAT MAP !!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Darkspirit
January 8, 2005, 7:52 pm
Hi guys. I just finished my map, Inf_Abel 2 AND UPDATED

Here are the map info: There is a big hill with the black flag on it and the blue base. The white flag is at the left of the hill. There is a red base with a slide and a stocking room at the top of the map with the blue base under this base. There is red spawnpoints at the left and at the right side of the hill. This map is perfect for playing with 32 players on it and all this set have 127KB! The waypoints are there but they suck at some places and there is no waypoints yet to return the black flag to the white one. The texture used to make this map is Rodzinka and there is 47 kind of sceneries and 2 i did myself. If you need more information, meet me on MSN Messenger at anthoxique@hotmail.com! Im usually there. Go download it at: www.llsc.us.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Sprocket
January 8, 2005, 8:16 pm
double post..

www.imageshack.us

upload your overview there.

www.laugingllama.com

upload you map there..

Michal
January 8, 2005, 8:16 pm
You need screens and a link to post in this section,
use the edit button please.

Darkspirit
January 8, 2005, 8:19 pm
hey sprocket i guess u dunno the new Laughingllamas Soldat Community page eh? its www.llsc.us but THX A LOT FOR THE 1ST LINK =D

Avarax
January 8, 2005, 8:40 pm
dont call it GREAT MAP if it isnt :P

Darkspirit
January 8, 2005, 8:57 pm
hummm... u surely dunno than i asked to 20 players what they think of my map and 17 think its a great map =P

Droopy
January 8, 2005, 9:03 pm
I'm realy sorry to say this, but this map looks like crap.

Try shading it better and add some more collours. Also strech it on some points to give it a more 3D look. Trust me, I know maps.

Liber_Lupus
January 8, 2005, 9:22 pm
I'm with Droopy, better shading and colours would make this playable.

Darkspirit
January 8, 2005, 9:40 pm
hey that what im doing right now and i already starteed to shad don't you see? and what do u mean by 3D?!?!? all the maps are like this

Vijchtidoodah
January 8, 2005, 10:05 pm
Perhaps you may want to work on fixing the scenery, most notably the camo nets on the left.

It would also be nice if you could edit the pictures so we could see where the flags and spawn points are.

Michal
January 8, 2005, 11:03 pm
Sorry, but this map isn't really good...
Maybe try shading the whole thing,
Abel 2 isn't really a good name, and I think I've seen another map with that name...
I don't like the background colors.

Skate4Razors
January 8, 2005, 11:14 pm
I think the map has potential though. One thing, what is the top section for?

grand_diablo
January 9, 2005, 1:39 am
More shading please ;)

Darkspirit
January 9, 2005, 1:43 am
Hey guys, yeah i know i just updated the map and i SHADED!!!! The top section is red spawnpoints, i think its a good idea to put this section bcuz reds come from everyway for blues then its cool and if the map is huge well for playing 6v6 it's already nice but 16vs16 i tried and IT ROCK A LOT!!! Oh and yeah i will edit the pictures i have no probs with that =P but the background will stay like that ok? and michal the Abel 2 u already saw is my map bcuz i put it on a server already =P well now i fixed all the trash and I WISH i w willnot have another bad comments =(

Michal
January 9, 2005, 3:12 am
Well, it looks a lot better now, but it still needs improvement.
Half the polygons in this map are useless, and are just layered upon each other for no real reason.
There are too many polybugs. I can understand some bouncy polys that happen for no reason, but there are so many small corners or gaps that cause jumps and look bad. Please read the mapmakers manual on placing polys effectively, there is no way that this map needs 1220 polygons. Do not rely on the map maker's snapping because it does not always work perfectly leaving annoying gaps. It's really hard to run up a hill when it is bouncing you away.
More shading really did make a huge difference in the looks, now just get it to work better.

Rambo_6
January 9, 2005, 3:58 am
Did you ask for permission to redo Abel?

Looks ok, but you should work on perfecting the sceneries... :-\

Darkspirit
January 9, 2005, 2:44 pm
Hey rambo_6 what do u mean by perfecting the sceneries? Add more sceneries? Place them more logically (like in front of all, behind map or behind everything) or change sceneries? Oh and yeah michal i know used the double of the polygons i kept them bcuz i wanted the map to keep his good shape and used the white poly. Oh and about the bugs i know there is a lot of polybugs so im already fixing them so its not finished yet.

CHE_guevara
January 9, 2005, 4:17 pm
Nice.

Droopy
January 9, 2005, 4:50 pm
It looks better now. Still, add some more colours. Some dark, mud-ish colours would fit in.

Toumaz
January 11, 2005, 5:45 pm
Maybe working a little bit more on stretching textures for effect?...

Darkspirit
February 20, 2005, 6:56 pm
ok guys i fixed up all polybugs (or almost) and all the stuff excepted streching textures (i will do it later). So i need your opinion about that: do you like the top section or not?