( search forums )
disableweapons and such
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KeFear
January 8, 2005, 10:27 pm
Okay, i know many of you will flame me because of this suggestion, but:

i think we should have a few more commands:
/disableweapons1-2 <weapon-numbers>

This would: disable the specified weapon(s) for a specific team (in ctf inf mode for example)

Why would be this good? Think of the "bunny-mode". Some - or many - of you may know what this is, and this command would make it much more easy to play.

Of caurse, there should be another command, for limiting the players in each team, the /limitplayersX (note, this WAS suggested before, i know that)

So what do you think?

Michal
January 8, 2005, 10:44 pm
I think there should be an admin command to disable weapons, but to prevent abuse of it, the admin should only be able to do it once per map.
So that an admin can disable more than one weapon at a time it should be like this: "/disableweapons 7,8,10"
M79, Barret, and minigun would be disabled.

Aquarius
January 8, 2005, 10:51 pm
> but to prevent abuse

Admin shouldn't be limited.
Besides there are some ...abusable... commands already, for example /friendlyfire.

KeFear
January 8, 2005, 10:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal
So that an admin can disable more than one weapon at a time it should be like this: "/disableweapons 7,8,10"
M79, Barret, and minigun would be disabled.

Yes, thats the thought, but for a specified team too. like /disableweapons2 7,8,10 would disable those weapons only for bravo team.

The Geologist
January 8, 2005, 11:00 pm
Sounds good, but it's been suggested before. I still like the idea, however.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19512
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17043

KeFear
January 8, 2005, 11:03 pm
Oh, well sorry for posting it again, the search is a bit crappy for me...

The Geologist
January 8, 2005, 11:14 pm
No need to apologize. The search works a lot better when it's for a specfic part of the forums instead of the forums as a whole. Not sure if that's what ya did, but it worked just fine for me that way. I'd like to see this idea put in the game.

KeFear
January 8, 2005, 11:16 pm
Ok, i used the search for the suggestions part, but couldn't find any similar posts - maybe i used wrong keywords, lol :P

And yes, i would like to see these in soldat too ;) i hope they can be done. I think they are not that hard to implement, but leave that part to Michal.

Maluno
January 9, 2005, 2:51 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearOh, well sorry for posting it again, the search is a bit crappy for me...

Heh, the search is crappy for all of us, but its been like that forever it seems. Limiting the scope of your search to one section of the forums seems to help though.

ThE_cHeAt
January 9, 2005, 5:35 am
I don't think that you should be able to diab;e certain weapons for certain teams on CTF. But i do think that it would work well in inflitration.

The Geologist
January 9, 2005, 9:36 am
Why should there be any difference between the two?

papasurf31
January 9, 2005, 5:55 pm
normally, ctf maps are balanced so that there is equal opportunity for each team to catch the opponenst flag. On an inf map, one side (usually bravo) has an advantage in the design of the map etc.,since flag caps give more points than flag defense.

MercyM
January 10, 2005, 5:44 am
i think it should be '/addweapon 4' and '/banweapon 5'