( search forums )
Keeping the game interesting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jello
January 9, 2005, 4:52 am
I was getting bored of Soldat a few weeks ago, then I started watching some of the videos in the fan art section, and suddenly the game seemed interesting again. I started trying cool looking stuff just because it made things so much sweeter. Like shooting an M79 at a guy's feet, then whipping out a LAW and blowing him up in midair. Just fun stuff like that.
Anyone else do anything just to keep the game interesting?

_Mancer_
January 9, 2005, 4:58 am
I usually use weapons I dont normally use...Like the chainsaw and minigun, and test your skills on there...it can be fun-challenging.

Deleted User
January 9, 2005, 5:09 am
I like to throw away all weapons and grenades and either punch people to death or just run around capping the flag.

ThE_cHeAt
January 9, 2005, 5:28 am
Use only a knife and try to get the flag on a full server, everyone seems to spawn just as you get there :)

IDF-RIPsta
January 9, 2005, 10:47 am
I opened Chainsaw DM servers with grenades. It's fun from time to time.

Tavy
January 9, 2005, 2:08 pm
Other weapons, new tactics, and mods keep soldat intresting for me :D

Always something better of diffrent to try eh.

blackdevil0742
January 9, 2005, 2:32 pm
i'm trying to get it to work ;\

Tavy
January 9, 2005, 3:52 pm
blackdevil0742:

If soldat doesn't work, check your drivers and DirectX, and the basic needs of Soldat. Otherwise, take it to the help forum thingy.
Otherwise, what isn't working?

Cheers!
Tavy

lieroguy
January 9, 2005, 6:11 pm
I usually don't try new things, since I can barely hold my own in SUS servers with the weapons i'm good at.

Sekushi
January 9, 2005, 6:51 pm
Try playing Soldat with your eyes closed. :>

Spectral
January 9, 2005, 7:17 pm
...i've already mastered that.

Chakra
January 9, 2005, 7:59 pm
REAL [IMAGE]ING MODE

Camping_Carl2
January 9, 2005, 9:07 pm
the fact of playing people online keeps me coming back...

chakra wouldnt know hes playing bots on the easiest difficulty And still haveing trouble..

Dathker
January 9, 2005, 10:58 pm
chakra's voice and shyo's keeps me ALIVE?>?!?!?!?! and swanzo, donj't lie you donh't do thgat

sory for all typose,.....

Deleted User
January 9, 2005, 11:50 pm
Pfft..I no lie! If you ever see someone named Jackie Chan running around like an idiot, that's me!

Dathker
January 10, 2005, 12:04 am
you lie swazo and you know it.

AerialAssault
January 10, 2005, 12:50 am
in order to keep soldat fun, i play other games besides soldat. so that i dont get sick of it.

Keron Cyst
January 10, 2005, 12:57 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultin order to keep soldat fun, i play other games besides soldat. so that i dont get sick of it.

Isn't that how you keep more or less all games from getting boring?...
*lol* :-P

But yeah, trying to master all the weapons instead of sticking to a select few can keep you glued for a while... or make you bang your keyboard in frustration and go back to the original weapon...

MOFO NOFO
January 10, 2005, 1:09 am
more fun way = goto very high ping server and own them ;).. for some reason, i like getting kicked from serves where i get 1700 ping, yet still getting kills ..

Deleted User
January 10, 2005, 1:53 am
Bah! You are a dishonourable bucket of sludge Dathker! Teh truth shall set me free!

Beren
January 10, 2005, 3:04 am
I don't that I can do this intentionally, but I have the most fun when I develope a rivalry with a specific person on the server, with some freindly banter possibly, or that kind of thing. Getting to know the individual soldiers....That kind of thing, you know?

blackdevil0742
January 10, 2005, 6:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Tavyblackdevil0742:

If soldat doesn't work, check your drivers and DirectX, and the basic needs of Soldat. Otherwise, take it to the help forum thingy.
Otherwise, what isn't working?

Cheers!
Tavy

I've done that and still it don't work.

Aegis
January 10, 2005, 7:30 am
Play CS for a day, realise how stupid it is. Soldat will suddenly seem so much funner, you won't want to wait to get back to playing it again. :)

SilencedAsshole
January 10, 2005, 2:48 pm
It´s fun for me playing with my friend as Batman & Robin on TDM Servers, then saying thing like: Watch your back, Robin! lol My friend always complains that I´m always Batman and hes just Robin!

Vijchtidoodah
January 10, 2005, 11:03 pm
I just play naked.

vash763
January 12, 2005, 5:30 am
TRY IT ON FIRE, thats gotta b fun