( search forums )
Pure and Half Life 2 Interface - *Links up*
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Iowa.
January 9, 2005, 8:03 am
Pure Interace made by Iowa.

This is yet, another simple interface. And, it is my first interface (besides my private ones, which were deleted while ago).

The bars go down, and its like a chain reaction. When one reaches the one next to it's height, then that one follows. So in the end, they all hit at the different times. The single bar ones, just go straight down.

The grenades are represented by a dark orange box. And, cluster grenades are a dark orange box with an 'X' in the middle of it. The bulletproof vest is on top of the health. When you pick it up, the health turns into a black to white fade. Instead of blue to light blue. The ping circle is now a square.

And, finally, the reload bar is empty when not reloading. But, when you do reload, it will come down.

[IMAGE]
Before you reload.

[IMAGE]
After you reload.

Note: Ignore the grey box to the side.
[url][/url]

Please only constructive critisicm (sp?). And none of the: wow you suck you noob.

Note x2: If you see bars from the original interface, try to click on another interface, then back to 'Pure'. Partly inspired by: m00`

This is a registered interface!

Update : Changed from white to a light grey.

Half-Life 2 Interface made by Iowa

Hmmm...I am a HL2 because of the beautiful graphics and unique gameplay. Well, I wanted to try and big some of that to Soldat. I introduce: Half-Life 2 Interface.

The whole thing is in text. Because in Half-Life 2, your HUD is text (just some info). So, thats why it is simple. This interface took me an hour and a half. I had to load up Half-Life 2 and take screenshots and find out what would fit the best. Then, I had to match the alpha perfect. Which was really hard. I still didn't match it perfect, but it's close. The text color is a bit off but not really noticeable.

This interface may seem crammed. I had to make room for the text from the people in the server, and room for kills. Which left me making it somewhat near the middle. Don't worry though, it is not crammed at all. You can see right through the boxes considering the alpha is set low. I hope you all enjoy this interface.

Yes, I know this isnt the exact HUD. But, Gordon doesn't get jets. I put the grenades with ammo to save the clutter'd feeling for you people.

This is my second interface.

[IMAGE]

Please give me comments again.

This is a registered interface!

Pure Interface

Half-Life 2 Interface

m00`
January 9, 2005, 8:16 am
thats looks cool, though it seems that u copied mine :(

Iowa.
January 9, 2005, 8:17 am
How so? Although, I was using yours before this one. And, it is my favorite ;]. (Ha, that sounds like I'm sucking up)

m00`
January 9, 2005, 8:19 am
well it definately looks similiar when you look at it, could say you got inspired :p

Iowa.
January 9, 2005, 8:22 am
Only thing I notice is the colors perhaps? I just used dark primary colors and faded them light.

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

I can see what you mean. But, yours is sideways, mine is straight. Your's is one line, mine is several. Although, I did just notice I have square boxes for nades like you ;x. I'll give you some credit.

Deleted User
January 9, 2005, 9:14 am
It looks nice. Very simplistic. I like it.

Just as a side note: This is the second time I've had to edit your signature, Iowa. Change your signature pic so that its under 20kb and make sure it adheres to the Forum Rules. I know you're new here, and welcome to the Soldat forums, just make sure you follow the rules and enjoy your stay!

Again, nice work.

Unlucky 13
January 9, 2005, 9:33 am
That is a nice interface! Anyone would think you have had experience!

Damn that i am not registered.
Your 13? Damn you have talent with Photoshop!

How do you do it? (I am 13 too)

Iowa.
January 9, 2005, 9:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13That is a nice interface! Anyone would think you have had experience!

Damn that i am not registered.

I have been using photoshop for a while (1 year or something) and so it was quite easy to ge the feel for this.

Edit: Ummm, got AIM? Add me there. 'Z3052' is mine. I don't use MSN.

zoldat
January 9, 2005, 1:47 pm
nice, cool, awsome, il use the HL2 one ;) get a DL-link fast

N1nj@
January 9, 2005, 3:00 pm
For the pure interface, i suggest to change the reload delay bar to grey or a darker color, cause white hurts the eyes.

For the HL2 interface, i suggest to give it some transparency if you haven't already.

Other than that, these 2 interfaces are sexy =) gj!

zoldat
January 9, 2005, 4:43 pm
white is o.k.

Iowa.
January 9, 2005, 4:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@For the pure interface, i suggest to change the reload delay bar to grey or a darker color, cause white hurts the eyes.

For the HL2 interface, i suggest to give it some transparency if you haven't already.

Other than that, these 2 interfaces are sexy =) gj!

Yes, it is already transparent. I should of used a different screenshot.

[IMAGE]

Thanks for the comments :D

damnnation
January 9, 2005, 4:55 pm
looks cool to bad i ain't registered...:'(

Liber_Lupus
January 9, 2005, 6:04 pm
It looks awesome. Too cool im registred. Gonna try it out.
Edit: Oh...just noticed your 'Note'.

N1nj@
January 9, 2005, 6:09 pm
thanks for taking in my suggestions =)

the HL2 interface looks really great in game, can't wait till the download links are up

Iowa.
January 9, 2005, 7:06 pm
Links are up.

Pure Interface

Half-Life 2 Interface

Thanks to FliesLikeABrick for hosting it.

Also, this is going to suck for you barret people, but it has no delay timer. [Fire Amount]. Only because in Half-Life 2 there really is no sniper except for the Crossbow and I can't get 'Fire Amount' into text.

Ripper.
January 9, 2005, 9:43 pm
Looks nice :)

m00`
January 9, 2005, 9:43 pm
Both interfaces are beautiful

N1nj@
January 10, 2005, 1:56 am
the delay bar is still white =/

Iowa.
January 10, 2005, 2:56 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@the delay bar is still white =/

No it's not? It's a light gray now.

Haro1121
January 10, 2005, 3:39 am
now u should make a mod to go with it :) but good interfaces by the way

Iowa.
January 10, 2005, 4:08 am
quote:Originally posted by Haro1121now u should make a mod to go with it :) but good interfaces by the way

I'm new making mods all by hand [I'd have to draw it]. So, maybe later I will. XD. Until then, if someone makes one, feel free to use this Interface.

N1nj@
January 10, 2005, 4:20 am
The file i downloaded was still white =X

zoldat
January 10, 2005, 3:09 pm
i can't download :( WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is god so evil

damnnation
January 10, 2005, 5:59 pm
cuz gos is a clone of satan mauhahahaha

Nos-D
January 10, 2005, 8:01 pm
Pure Interface is nice.
i did`nt like the Half Like 2 :\.
Pure is only for registerd?i had no time to read...

Iowa.
January 10, 2005, 8:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldati can't download :( WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is god so evil

What does it say? Or does it not load?

If it doesn't load, try copy pasting it into the address bar. If that doesn't work, try: Right click -> Save Target As...

Magniitude
January 11, 2005, 10:51 pm
I <3 the HL2 interface. I'm making a HL2 mod. if i ever release it, can i use that interface?

Iowa.
January 11, 2005, 11:10 pm
Sure. Would you like help on the mod? I can get the sounds and help with anything else you want.

Vangelis
January 11, 2005, 11:47 pm
Found my new interface: HL2. Great interface!

damnnation
January 12, 2005, 12:27 pm
make a DOOM3 interface :p

Magniitude
January 12, 2005, 9:36 pm
I already have the game, but i think it'll lag a lot if i run the recorder in the background. Chugs enough as it is...if you want, it'd be great.

Iowa.
January 12, 2005, 11:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnationmake a DOOM3 interface :p

Wow, that's exactly what I have been working on for like 2 days. Heh...

I have HL2, Doom III, Vice City, Counter-Strike: Source and UT2003 on this computer ;p. Trust me, Vice City interface is hard as hell to make.

damnnation
January 13, 2005, 5:17 pm
yea ive got a question bout CS:S can you buy it without hl2 cuz i don't really like hl2...

Deleted User
January 13, 2005, 6:54 pm
No. It's a hl2 mod.

damnnation
January 13, 2005, 7:07 pm
cs:condition zero, and the old cs where also half-life mods and you can get them without half-life

Magniitude
January 13, 2005, 8:27 pm
But its packaged together with Half-life 2. Its worth it all the same. Arent all the new good games worth 50$ anyway?

Iowa.
January 13, 2005, 8:39 pm
Counter-Strike: Source runs off of your HL2 registration key. Therefore, you need HL2. And, they improved the false registration key fraud/copying. So, don't try it out. Plus, only one key per email/Steam account. Still, if you are a fan of Counter-Strike, it's worth the $50 to get it. Considering you also get Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life: Source. *But only on special editions.

Messiah
January 13, 2005, 9:56 pm
Very nice, i love it ;)

mwalk10
January 18, 2005, 2:23 am
The half life 2 one almost makes me want to pay the couple of bucks to register.
Also for the half life 2 one, if you could do something to the reticule so it is like the one in half life 2 with the info bars set to on that would be great. (the left bar shows health and the right shows ammo in clip)