( search forums )
dusters or jump kick seconday weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
astar
January 9, 2005, 9:58 am
pretty much a stupid idea, but I still like it. add one more secondary weapon to pick, either dusters or jump kick, either of them would do a bit less damage then a knife, but it would send the person you hit flying perhaps 3/4 as far as a grenade blast, and make it really quick to switch between it and the primary weapon. It would be fun to kick people out of the way when your scrambling with the flag and empty your gun.

also it could have a cool bruce lee sound "WUUAAAHHH THUD"

astar
January 9, 2005, 9:58 am
ps-it would throw off their aim for half the time they are in the air or something..

The Geologist
January 9, 2005, 10:06 am
1) Edit your posts...no need to double post.
2) What's a duster? All I think of is a long jacket.
3) The kick has been suggested before, but not as a secondary. Personally, I think the secondary should be a weapon, and not a jump kick...

Unlucky 13
January 9, 2005, 10:07 am
Meh, edit your posts (the button with the paper and pencil) rather than dual posting.
The jump kick isn't a bad idea, but it isn't too good either, as it would be too powerful if it was that strong, may's well have a knife lunge.

I don't know about dusters.

Vijchtidoodah
January 9, 2005, 10:08 am
Before the really harsh people come around I'll give you a little introduction to these forums. There are a few basic rules that you want to follow while you're here, don't spam (create useless topics/posts that don't add anything to the thread), don't double post (as you have done above, use this [IMAGE] button to delete them), and always use the Forum Search to make sure that your thread idea hasn't come up before. Welcom to the forums!

Okay, back to your idea. I don't think that the jump kick would be very useful because trying to come into contact with someone while flying through the air is extremely difficult (think chainsaw). However, if I understand this correctly, the duster idea would be awesome if you could slide towards a flag carrier and either knock him off his feet or knock the flag out of his hands.

astar
January 9, 2005, 11:32 am
heh sorry about the lazyness with the "ps" post. it's not a double post. a double post is a duplicate post, but ill refrain from doing it again if you people are so concerned about inane details of finite forum efficiency.

The main idea of the kick/duster (btw duster is slang for brass knuckles) is not to inflict damage so much as send people flying/temporily impede their weapon accuracy. I find quite often when you grab the flag, their's a ton of people litteraly ontop of you, and often I use my 4 ruger immediatly before grabbing the flag. I was inspired with the idea of a jump kick (it would work just like the knife slash, not something more elaborate) that would clear them away and give you a chance to escape or time to reload, give your team mates a better target to shoot at etc.. (important when friendly fire is on)

I don't think it would be over powered, the main issue I guess is if it's worth it, I guess the knfie and chainsaw serve a similar function, but I think this would add a bit of freshness to the game. the advantage over knife/chainsaw/soccom would be that it would switch nearly instantly.

ps-I decided to make a new post because the previous posts were both old, and not really along the same line of what I was thinking. If this forum appeared increadibly active, I would have refrained from makeing a new thread, but I don't see it as being a huge issue (I hope my presumption doesn't anger some mod, heh)