( search forums )
Soldier Look Preview
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
echo
January 10, 2005, 10:37 am
This is just a small idea but anyway i think it could be implemented. There should be a small window in Player Section on wich you would be able to preview your Soldier (the colors, hair,jet, etc). I think it's quite boring to go on Start/Join Game everytime you want to test a new look.

Ex:
[IMAGE]

That's it. Quite simple i guess but it would be a nice implement.

m00`
January 10, 2005, 10:45 am
suggested a lot ,theres a program made by somone, that lets u do this but its outside of soldat, and in-game preview would rock

echo
January 10, 2005, 11:56 am
Sugested a lot? Sorry then. I tried to use Forum Search but it took ages to load the results of the search so i gave up.

DT
January 10, 2005, 3:37 pm
yea they need to fix that... but its been suggested... and if your thinking of any more ideas then thier most likely to be suggested.

Nos-D
January 10, 2005, 5:38 pm
cool cool :).
nice idea :)

Liber_Lupus
January 10, 2005, 5:40 pm
BManx2000 made a program which shows your player preview. Unfortunately he had a limited version of GameMaker so there wasnt much colors to choose between.

Alamo
January 10, 2005, 9:52 pm
I definitely want this... I wonder why MM didn't do it for 1.2.1 :(

zyxstand
January 10, 2005, 10:13 pm
well its not tthhaaatt ez
cuz u'd have to impliment the game code to be viewed as a picture as supposed to it running in the game...and-yeah- it has been suggested a lot but im for it

Michal
January 10, 2005, 11:08 pm
Yeah, good suggestion.
It's been suggested a few times before but I still want it :)

Magniitude
January 10, 2005, 11:43 pm
DOes Bmanx2000's work for gostek mods too?

Any way, i havnt seen him around in a bit. Where is he?

Keron Cyst
January 11, 2005, 2:16 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`... theres a program... that lets u do this but its outside of soldat, and in-game preview would rock

*agrees*

IDF-RIPsta
January 11, 2005, 8:16 am
Yes, it's been suggested. But many versions have passed since this idea was first raised.

I hope to see this addition in the next version.

Alamo
January 11, 2005, 11:44 am
I hoped to see this addition the last version ... and in the version before the last version... I don't think Michal will do it :( Anyway... you would have to load the dx library for the menu in order to render the soldier in your colors or you'd have a lame static preview.

b00stA
January 11, 2005, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by AlamoI hoped to see this addition the last version ... and in the version before the last version... I don't think Michal will do it :( Anyway... you would have to load the dx library for the menu in order to render the soldier in your colors or you'd have a lame static preview.

Indeed, that's something to think about.