( search forums )
DM_Octagon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
The Geologist
January 10, 2005, 12:40 pm
This is the most basic hunk'o'crap I've ever done. Thanks to whoever dscovered that overlaying multiple polys could make a huge bounce, I decided to create the Octagon...an eight sided ring of death in which many soldats bounce but only one comes out alive. All polys will launch you. What can I say...I wanted to get something out there before the idea gets milked too much. Not meant to be pretty, meant to be functional. And it functions as a chaotic octagon of death.

The specs:
Supports DM, TM, Rambo, and pointmatch
No need for waypoints...they wouldn't be possible anyhoo
Good for 2-14 players, maybe more

The Overview

The Octagon

Yukwunhang
January 10, 2005, 1:38 pm
LOL THIS IS REALLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Chakra
January 10, 2005, 1:57 pm
...oh i gotta try that...

Boxo
January 10, 2005, 2:30 pm
Whenever someone comes up with some nifty new feature, people start making these pointless, blank, ugly maps that don't have anything else to interest people except that feature. Why not make a _real_ map using jumppads, like avarax did.

Sorreh, i liked your other maps. :|

The Geologist
January 10, 2005, 2:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistThis is the most basic hunk'o'crap I've ever done... Not meant to be pretty, meant to be functional. And it functions as a chaotic octagon of death.

This map is real (could it be a fake or something?) and has a point...to be audaciously bouncy. Not tryin' to be an ass, but there's no need to tell me how crappy my hunk'o'crap looks. :/ Trust me...if you liked my other maps, you'll like my Great Wall idea because I have little interest, if none at all, in making jump maps until some sort of jump pad is created. I disappear into a poly glitch every ten seconds or so in the_real_map by Avarax.

Avarax
January 10, 2005, 3:28 pm
i came up with jumppads and climb maps, dont ruin it XD
just joking, cool map btw, although you should have spent some time for shading :|

The Geologist
January 10, 2005, 3:33 pm
It is shaded o_O Poorly...but that's what ya get for under five minutes of work.

Boxo
January 10, 2005, 7:01 pm
By real, i guess i mean something with noticeable shading, some scenery, and something more than 1 simple room. And preferably something that has taken over 5 minutes to do. I mean, why bother releasin something like that?

Rambo_6
January 10, 2005, 11:27 pm
I looooove bugs! I hope MM doesn't kill off the jump bug...

*45 thumbs up*

Aquarius
January 10, 2005, 11:35 pm
By some strange reason EVERYONE who connected to my server with this map, (was) disconnected after a second.

Avarax
January 11, 2005, 12:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusBy some strange reason EVERYONE who connected to my server with this map, (was) disconnected after a second.

dito.

The Geologist
January 11, 2005, 1:39 pm
Yeah...the only thing I can think of is that there are over 200, maybe 300+ polys in that little map..maybe it's causing some sort of problem? I could always (gasp) make a second release and pretty the map up a bit while fixing that problem.

Avarax
January 11, 2005, 2:34 pm
geologist, you were one of those who joined my server >.<

The Geologist
January 11, 2005, 2:50 pm
I know! And it pissed me off! o_O I made the Anti-map...the map no one can join.

Aquarius
January 11, 2005, 2:54 pm
Did you get any error message, like WMV for example?

The Geologist
January 11, 2005, 3:01 pm
Yup, I believe that was the one.

Rhombus
January 11, 2005, 3:49 pm
HAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA U COULDNT BEAT BOOGIE MAN????? LOOOOOOOOL
srry for the caps but anyway nice map, looks like fun.

Deleted User
January 11, 2005, 5:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by RhombusHAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA U COULDNT BEAT BOOGIE MAN????? LOOOOOOOOL
srry for the caps but anyway nice map, looks like fun.

...that is pretty funny :P

Cookie.
January 11, 2005, 11:24 pm
" i came up with jumppads"

no you didnt ;)

im gunna go try that out now