( search forums )
Dedicated Server 2.2.4
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Michal Marcinkowski
January 10, 2005, 3:15 pm
Available here: http://www.soldat.pl/down-s.html

The new version fixes some issues with vote kicking and... it adds the possibility to change weapon damage settings. So server admins can change weapon balance if they want to. Just edit the file weapon.ini available with the new download. However this is released for testing purposes only and that's why only passworded servers will work with weapons modifications. Also before the name of the server will be added "(WM)" so everybody knows it's a modified server. If you want to make the server semi-public you can write the password in the info space on the lobby page (http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073/) (edit 'Greeting_Message=' in soldat.ini file).

Also I forgot to write last time that I made some changes in flag-player collisions. The radius of capture should be bigger now, tell me if there are any problems with it.

And tell me if there are more issues with the voting and how can I fix them. Thanks.

SERIAL KILLeR
January 10, 2005, 3:19 pm
Good job michal!
/testing

palloco
January 10, 2005, 3:28 pm
"The radius of capture should be bigger now"

Cooler!

Aquarius
January 10, 2005, 3:44 pm
GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

But weapon damage is not enough for mod creators ;( I'm waiting for more possiblities! :)))

Dj-SAGI
January 10, 2005, 5:51 pm
i didnt understand the weapons.ini
its already has edited by game builder ?
i mean the guns will be like the last ver of soldat 1.2
i mean the Damage of them
weapons.ini is already config like the last ver of the new ver?

grand_diablo
January 10, 2005, 6:08 pm
I don't really get what you try to say, Sagi.

The weapons.ini should by default contain the weapon options of 1.2.1 i guess.
By modifying it you can create your own weapon balance.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 10, 2005, 7:34 pm
Dj-SAGI: the settings that come with the server in weapons.ini are default Soldat 1.2.1 damage settings, they might not have sense but they work.

grand_diablo
January 10, 2005, 8:11 pm
do you still need to password the server, when you keep the default settings?

Or is there some kind of trigger in the soldat.ini like "Weapon_Mod=1/0"

SERIAL KILLeR
January 10, 2005, 8:21 pm
If u dont set a pass the server just doesnt look at the weapons.ini and uses default weapon settings.

Dj-SAGI
January 11, 2005, 11:52 am
some one can give me Weapons.ini config like 1.2 ver!?
Michal can u edit and up to me plz?

Michal Marcinkowski
January 11, 2005, 12:50 pm
Hmm, I could actually give you the weapon damage settings from earlier versons too. Wait a moment, I'll post it in the News thread.

---EDIT---
Weapon damage settings from different Soldat versions - http://www.soldat.pl/downloads/weapons.zip .

(link fixed - DNA.styx)

cooz
January 11, 2005, 9:36 pm
grat job with this wepon OC Michal!
do You have in Your plans adding more variables to weapon.ini, like explode delay (in nades), bulet start speed, reload time, etc?

Dj-SAGI
January 12, 2005, 1:13 pm
weapons121 and weapons120 are the same!
Michal
can u give me the edit ver of this rar!
and how i can change teh bullet time and more ;

grand_diablo
January 12, 2005, 6:04 pm
Some bug report:

- server is giving connection problems all ~10 minutes, you will timeout and can only keep playing when you rejoin... very nasty

- sometimes the weapons (except your own) start being invisible, only when the player change them (it seems like at least) they get visible for a short moment then. Shots get totally invisible then too (except your own).

My server was running on public mode, so without any weapon strength modifications, when I tested this.

2.2.4 seriously needs fixing, also sometimes the server seems to crash randomly.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 12, 2005, 7:50 pm
cooz: yes, if this experiment works.
Dj-SAGI: no, the ak74 changed:).
grand_diablo: do others have the same problems? Where they in the previous versions?

Cold Fusion
January 12, 2005, 8:03 pm
Aye, there have definitely been invisible bullets on my server too.

(most noticable at close range)

Traciatim
January 12, 2005, 8:14 pm
It's nice to have the dedicated server running instead of just running a game, but I get this:

Traciatim returned the Red Flag
[Traciatim] No name?
[] xD
X captured the Blue Flag
<IP>:2037 requesting game...
X joining game (<IP>:2037)
X has joined bravo team.
X joining game (<IP>:2037)
X has joined bravo team.
X gets a ping warning
X returned the Blue Flag
X gets a ping warning
Exception EAccessViolation in module soldatserver.exe at 000456DE.
Access violation at address 004456DE in module 'soldatserver.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

This makes the server stop functioning. I never used previous versions so I don't know if this is new or not. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2.

grand_diablo
January 12, 2005, 9:53 pm
Aye, this is about the same errormsg my server provider msg me when my server crashed first.
So others do have the same probs, both of em: invi weapons/bullets and server crash.
+ the connection problem that makes you timeout.

Dj-SAGI
January 13, 2005, 11:55 am
look that what i have!
that is the weapons in weapons.ini of 1.2.1 ver!
[USSOCOM]
Damage=190

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=210

[HK MP5]
Damage=120

[Ak-74]
Damage=122

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=80

[Spas-12]
Damage=130

[Ruger 77]
Damage=252

[M79]
Damage=160000

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495

[FN Minimi]
Damage=100

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=55

that is the weapons in weapons.ini of 1.2 ver!

[USSOCOM]
Damage=190

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=210

[HK MP5]
Damage=120

[Ak-74]
Damage=117

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=80

[Spas-12]
Damage=130

[Ruger 77]
Damage=252

[M79]
Damage=160000

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495

[FN Minimi]
Damage=100

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=55

do u see any change?!

frogboy
January 13, 2005, 11:56 am
[Ak-74]
Damage=122

[Ak-74]
Damage=117

KeFear
January 13, 2005, 12:33 pm
Sagi, you are just blind. :>

Dj-SAGI
January 15, 2005, 12:30 am
i see that but tis nto so diffrnet!
we need to chnage the bullet speed
anyway i saw in the mirc some 1 said
soldat become game of chaters very 1 change his weapons sittings! and its destroy the game!

man i think u need to rle fix to 1.2.1 ver!
and bring back the same power as 1.2 ver
wiuth no bullet speed and [IMAGE]!
and another thing soldat is roxing game but the
design of teh game suxs many players leave the game bec the design what u say Michal to take some man that knows very well design and make soldat better ;]?

Aquarius
January 15, 2005, 12:40 am
quote:many players leave the game
like who?

grand_diablo
January 15, 2005, 10:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
grand_diablo: do others have the same problems? Where they in the previous versions?

Well, the random server crashing in such a low timeperiod started with 2.2.3, the previous 2.2.2 ran quite stable for many days. As you see at the the replies, there are others who have this problem too. I can't remember seeing the "invisible weapons" bug in 2.2.3, but maybe I didn't test it long enough to see it :P (I had 2.2.3 like for one day, when I switched to 2.2.4).
Previous versions did also crash "randomly" sometimes, but it took them some days to do so.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 15, 2005, 11:51 am
quote:design of teh game suxs many players leave the game bec the design what u say Michal to take some man that knows very well design and make soldat better ;]?
haha I don't want those kind of people to play my game, they should play some sucky game from EA, they have good designers (and that's about it). Oh and this is off-topic:).

grand_diablo: what do you mean by invisible weapons? Is it just the bullets? And what kind of crash is it, what error do you get in the console?

nazikilla
January 16, 2005, 4:02 am
ok i followed all the directions from the readme. i then joined the server i set up, but the modifications still didnt work. i made minigun have the power of 800 yet when the bullets came down and hit me, they just did a little damage. i need help please.

grand_diablo
January 16, 2005, 1:50 pm
Exception EAccessViolation in module soldatserver at 08058B11.
Access violation at address 08090507, accessing address 00000000.
(heh, wise words to Sagi, Michal :D )

this was the msg I got from 2.2.3 when it crashed. I dont have one of 2.2.4 but I guess those mustve been similar. Plus: the server 2.2.4 produced connection problems.

Means: I played, suddenly everything got stuck - Connection Problem until timeout. After rejoin I could play again, until the next conn. timeout started (about every 10 minutes).

Weapons invisible:
Weapons AND bullets became invisible, also on close range. I was fighting an attacker in the red base of Laos, who used deagles. Then suddenly it seemed as if he didnt have any weapon anymore, but infact everyone's weapons just became invisible + the bullets too.

hock3y
January 18, 2005, 1:10 am
My server crashes randomly once in a while, and it also crashes when trying to send custom maps to everyone. Like the server kicks everyone to say please reconnect to download the map, but then it errors when people are joining saying soldatserver.exe has had an error and needs to shut down. Anyway to fix this, and is there ever going to be a way to download in game without everyone getting kicked?

I've taken all custom maps off my server for now, and I really don't want to downgrade the server to v2.22 without cheat protection just to be able to have custom maps work more stable again.

any ideas?

Icarius
January 18, 2005, 5:55 pm
Logging needs to be off for it to be fixed. All will be good then. Had no problems with the mod when me and Squal played.

Ravey
January 18, 2005, 7:57 pm
My server doesn't seem to last long. About 5 minutes after being loaded, it'll come up with a runtime/violation error of some sort (Which I think is the same as the one already explained in this topic). Although the idea of weapon balancing sounds really awesome, especially since I like having longer fights so I drastically lowered the power of the guns.

Nice work on that part, but when you get the chance have a look into the error. :)

hock3y
January 18, 2005, 8:52 pm
I can't disable logging, that will ruin the point of my server I use the U13SSS.

Icarius
January 19, 2005, 3:02 am
It's only beta, so why the [IMAGE] should it matter anyway?

Logging is the problem, and if you want it to work, you need to turn it off.

hock3y
January 19, 2005, 3:05 pm
Well maybe because all of the versions say beta? And maybe because I'm having problems and usually people like to fix their programs, and get rid of bugs. id like that to happen without having to turn logging off. and I already specified that I DONT want to turn logging off, so you don't need to curse me off, thanks.

And also it seems to only happen on maps that need to transfer custom scenery, not just the map.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 20, 2005, 3:13 pm
Well it's good to know logging causes problems.

b00stA
January 20, 2005, 3:38 pm
Yup. Thanks to file logging I managed to do the Soldat pinball/LAW clip :)

Rageior
September 25, 2005, 3:28 pm
Why do u all complain about invis bullets? i mean think about it... can u see something bout an inch long traveling at speeds close, if not above, that of sound? I can understand the guns but the bullets just ad a realist's er Realistic touch to the game.