( search forums )
Enhance this weapons editor even further : LOOK
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KnOt
January 11, 2005, 5:16 pm
quote: Oh yes, and while we are at the editing, why not make it so one can edit the speed a gun shoots with? Or how long it takes to reload? How far the bullets fly? Hell! Even how much jetpack you have for standards!?

That was something that FragBait said.. and you know what.. it got me thinking ;O ..Mostly about the bullet speeds.. JUST THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES... I immediately thought of this on irc:

quote: (18:07:03) (%knot) imagine that!
(18:07:07) (%knot) fragbait posted that on the forums
(18:07:12) (@Bumiachi) hehe
(18:07:14) (%knot) i would make super slow barret bullets
(18:07:15) (@Bumiachi) gtg again
(18:07:23) (%knot) and u would have to dodge them
(18:07:25) (%knot) could eb a game
(18:07:31) (%knot) super slow bullets, fast reload
(18:07:34) (%knot) [IMAGE]ing dodge ball
(18:07:38) (%knot) OMG-> GOES TO POSTSPTOPSTOSPOTS

....As you can see, I was kind of excited :Q .. Anyway, can you imagine it? Slomotion barret bullets coming at you every second... And you having to dodge them :D .. 1 hit, 1 kill.. and then you're out..

Imagine this:

Running for your life in a small tunnel (nowhere to jump out of the way) .. Right behind you is a barret bullet, going at the same speed as you.. :D .. It would almost be 'cartoony' ^^

..What about movie making possibilities? You could reduce the minigun bullet velocitiy by a lot.. aim it in the air .. do /pause on the server, and what do you get? A realistic looking rain effect! ..Yes, I know i'm a genious... *cough* I have many moree movie making ideas with this implemented..but I wont share em all with you ;) + They are irrelevant..the main point here is the increased gameplay possibilities!

Anyway, I have so many ideas.. please do this for me Michal .. I want to edit the velocity of bullets.

And thank you, Fragbait, for gving me this idea!

Cold Fusion
January 11, 2005, 5:24 pm
Thing called gravity, knot.

KnOt
January 11, 2005, 5:25 pm
..Frag also suggested being able to change the range, Cold_Fusion.

flab
January 11, 2005, 5:25 pm
also, it's already been suggested to expand the editor to more than just damage of bullets ¬_¬

CbbLe
January 11, 2005, 5:26 pm
rules are meant to be bent. aswell as the physical one.

however I don't like this idea...

FragBait
January 11, 2005, 5:26 pm
Oh no, what have I done.. You know knot, that was just a joke, kind off..

Cold Fusion
January 11, 2005, 5:27 pm
You'd only be able to change the variables that a weapon has at the moment. Namely speed of bullet, damage, ammo, etc.

There's no way you can have super slow barret shots without changing the game physics. They'd just fall to the ground.

KnOt
January 11, 2005, 5:30 pm
What if he made it that speed doesn't effect how far the bullet goes? (unrealistic, perhaps.. cool , deffinately)

Cold Fusion
January 11, 2005, 5:33 pm
That would be a physics editor. :o

Meandor
January 11, 2005, 5:34 pm
lmao
Anyway, i think read in the weapons editor topic that bullet speed is going to be an editable factor..

Deleted User
January 11, 2005, 8:30 pm
We could give life to the Matrix! Think of all the cool movies that could be easily made now! Imagine having to run through a massive wall of sluggish bullets! I like it!

January 11, 2005, 9:43 pm
I'd like to see an option to vary the angle required for a ricochet to take place, so there could be some pretty funky bullet bounciness.

paramud
January 11, 2005, 11:22 pm
set it so the angle can be 1 degree, it be rubber bullets!

Taxista
January 12, 2005, 12:23 am
But u only think about movie making ? lol
The playable part its the more important one ..

[S][K]Taxi

Deleted User
January 12, 2005, 12:24 am
Pfft...I can satisfy myself with bots if it ever gets that bad.

KeFear
January 12, 2005, 1:17 am
Well, i can't. I don't like to play with bots.

Anyway, i don't mind. i don't usually play on public servers anyhow.. so this whole thing won't affect me that much... i just have my doubts, that's all. i don't want soldat to be that chaotic.

KnOt
January 12, 2005, 4:14 pm
*Kicks Taxista in the nuts*

quote:I have many moree movie making ideas with this implemented..but I wont share em all with you ;) + They are irrelevant..the main point here is the increased gameplay possibilities!

..Read.

Jaz
January 12, 2005, 4:29 pm
If you want to dodge incredibly slow bullets have an m79 match.