( search forums )
Poll results: weapon balance
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
CbbLe
January 11, 2005, 6:04 pm
On orders from my master Cold_Fusion I had to do a poll about the current weapon balance. These guys have all been PM-ed by me in mIRC.

QUESTION:

IS 1.2.1 WEAPON BALANCE THE BEST EVER(compared to other versions)?! (ANSWER 'YES' OR 'NO' PLEASE):

ANSWERS:

cold_fusion: no
zuup: no
cbble: no
chakra: yes
avskum: (maybe)
superkill: no
kouleman: yes
zuup: no
ymies: no
devilyn: (maybe)
archer: yes
hektik sniper: no
amigo: no
napi: yes
fragbait: no
enik: no
hercule: no
primitive: yes
suomip: no
alakhai: yes
jonih: no
smutny (adv_camar): no
mandlc: yes
blaziee: no
robin huud: no
andrdron: no
wyros: yes
meandor: no
Luke: yes
shady: no
iron: yes
basti: yes
frozen: no
tatoo: no
mccuz: no
bl00dy: yes
ruy: yes
redevilon: no
pimpin: no
grand_diablo: no
artex: no
dowhook: no
omena: yes
flab: no
reuhka: no
uzzi: no
greenhero: no
essay: yes
zapman: no
rotmos: no
ame: yes
tompenny: no
flamy: no
mao: yes
maka: no
greenfish: no
skoskav: no
hipnotyk: no
psylent: no
trolly: yes
krl: yes
deeji: no
knot: no
che_guevara: yes
derf: yes
bus: no
keinonen: yes
lord darky: no
rune: yes
jaakarhu: no
thanatos: no
gigen: yes
sneakY: yes
woot: yes
scorpow: no
doceh: no
eagie: no
palloco: (maybe)
marbire: yes
serialkiller: yes
crazy stone: no
zieg: no
pop-pop (towel): no
eeneku: no
wood: yes
lightning: no
karmah: yes
nelrem: no
kalleos: yes
veron: yes
sticky: no
camping carl: yes
cibule: no
perry: no
timeeeeeh: no
jaz: no
ok: no
andrdon: no
paradox: yes
pokuan: no

RESULTS:
amounts of 'no': 62%
amounts of 'yes': 35%
amounts of 'maybe': 3%

lieroguy
January 11, 2005, 6:25 pm
I wonder what the age demographic is like in relation to the answers given in this poll...

palloco
January 11, 2005, 6:48 pm
GJ.
Now if you do a poll on all other versions you will see this is the one which more people think it is balanced.
Avskrum, devilyn and me are the l33t

Pulp
January 11, 2005, 7:50 pm
Maybe this poll could be interesting if the question wasn't complete irrelevant.

IDF-RIPsta
January 11, 2005, 7:52 pm
Why is age important here?
It's a simple Yes / No response...

kkazican
January 11, 2005, 8:04 pm
Because some 8 year old who is trying to kick someone's ass with a chainsaw would think all weapons are unfair. Plus this is complete crap just like every other poll taken. Obviously that maybe 50 people represent all of the soldat community.

BMF
January 11, 2005, 8:10 pm
yes

Cold Fusion
January 11, 2005, 8:25 pm
Dunno why CbbLe posted it tbh

CbbLe
January 11, 2005, 8:30 pm
someone asked me to post results before..why not? :)

Teh Panda
January 11, 2005, 8:52 pm
There it is... And big list. I like that. Ty Cbble

<;o>no</;o>

DT
January 11, 2005, 9:44 pm
thier are many people that haven't played the old version... and many barretaurds wanting no blink...

CbbLe
January 11, 2005, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTthier are many people that haven't played the old version... and many barretaurds wanting no blink...

correct: most of the people who answered 'no' wanted bink to be removed since they thought that this is what makes autos overpowered.

Unlucky 13
January 11, 2005, 10:45 pm
Well, suggest something anti-auto then, and anyone quick to click can handle Barret bink anyway.

BMF
January 11, 2005, 11:06 pm
notice that 90% of those who said "yes" are noobs. Or americans.

i guess europeans do love that barret

DT
January 12, 2005, 12:48 am
and 100% that said no are barreturds

KeFear
January 12, 2005, 1:06 am
Oh man.. stupid question. Now go ask them if the 1.2.0 or 1.1.5 was the best weapon balance ever.

besides.. what makes 1.2.1 not the best weapon balance? Okay, we had some changes with AK, and we got bink since 1.2.0 (not to mention ricochet..)
So now what?
in 1.2.0, even more changed compared to 1.1.5: de, ak, hk, steyr, minimi, m79 got more power, while ruger was weakened.

So what the heck are you whining about all the time?!

Did we EVER got a better balance? Noone can cry now. Autos got more power, so they can beat barret. Some of you say that barret is now bull-poo because of the bink, and can't be used. That is not true.

Anyway, what's the point of this poll anyway? 100 people is not the whole soldat community, and i don't think they can even represent the people who play soldat all around the world.

Anyway, we can't go back to any earlier weapon settings, because of the changes that 1.2.1 brought.

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 12, 2005, 5:03 am
i was bribed... :-P $100 :-D

Cookie.
January 12, 2005, 5:08 am
barret owns you all..
it is still pwnage ^_^

MOFO NOFO
January 12, 2005, 7:25 am
flame flame spam spam :/

Will
January 12, 2005, 9:30 am
no. lol i wasn't in there

Hercule Poirot
January 12, 2005, 9:41 am
gj make next poll about bink effect / medkit ("stealing") respawn :P

ThaD
January 12, 2005, 10:08 am
damn i wasn't there ;/ maybe pm to every forum user :)

frogboy
January 12, 2005, 10:18 am
quote:Originally posted by CbbLequote:Originally posted by DTthier are many people that haven't played the old version... and many barretaurds wanting no blink...

correct: most of the people who answered 'no' wanted bink to be removed since they thought that this is what makes autos overpowered.

Right... and decreasing the power (via the weapons editor) would still leave it overpowered? It's not overpowered if it takes 8-10 shots to kill somebody.

Edit: OH NO THE WEAPONS EDITOR IS RUINING SOLDAT 3 WHOLE SERVERS HAVE EDITED WEAPONS WHAT SHALL WE DO

CbbLe
January 12, 2005, 12:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by CbbLequote:Originally posted by DTthier are many people that haven't played the old version... and many barretaurds wanting no blink...

Right... and decreasing the power (via the weapons editor) would still leave it overpowered? It's not overpowered if it takes 8-10 shots to kill somebody.

Edit: OH NO THE WEAPONS EDITOR IS RUINING SOLDAT 3 WHOLE SERVERS HAVE EDITED WEAPONS WHAT SHALL WE DO

chill, I just answered his question....

Meandor
January 12, 2005, 1:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by CbbLequote:Originally posted by DTthier are many people that haven't played the old version... and many barretaurds wanting no blink...

lmao, some people have confused ideas. Most that didn't read the changes in the new version have absolutely no clue of what bink is, unless someone told them.

3rd_account
January 12, 2005, 2:20 pm
The reason i voted 'No' was because the non-autos, except the barret, are obsolete compared to the autos. Especially when faced against the Minimi and AK. Behind the autos' success lies the bink! It's impossible using M79, Spas, Deagles, Ruger and Barret to hit your target. Doesn't mather if it's close-, middle- or long range. The bink the autos cause is too massive. When it comes to the Minimi and AK, you don't even have time to escape since they deliver so much damage and can keep on spraying for longer than your jets can last.
Like my friend Jaz said: Minimi - Win a server after a week of play. Almost the same goes for the AK.

Many people and clans have realized the HUGE overpowerness of the Minimi and AK, and have decided to do everything to earn the title 'Llamas' by whoring with it in clan wars. Such as RTW and ntx.
A few other clans have also noticed this fact, but went with another aproach; deciding to ban the usage of them for ethical reasons and for fair sportmanship. Good clans like this would be SN and NbK.

I say thank god for TDL, the ctf league that disallows the usage of autos at all.

The weapon balace in ye ol' 1.1.5 was the ultimate one. No barret assaulting! No auto spraying! No LAW camping! No bink!

Jaz
January 12, 2005, 4:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_account No bink!

Agreed !

Ymies
January 12, 2005, 4:17 pm
I read the first page in this thread and noticed how gay ppl we have here to whine about [IMAGE]ing opinions.

Spectral
January 12, 2005, 8:59 pm
oh nice survey...I wish we could see this for past versions

Alakhai
January 12, 2005, 10:12 pm
Remove bink but not for barret is my opinion.. Barret is too much easy now too. And i don't say that coz i'm scary of barret but coz I used barret down for months and it was too easy against others gun.

Ymies
January 13, 2005, 4:38 pm
alakhai you used it for 2 months and you say it's easy. maybe you should think from the sight of a beginner with it..
in 2 months you can learn any weapon

Alakhai
January 13, 2005, 5:36 pm
I used it coz I just restarted to play from 1 year.. and before all used barret :D Anyway.. if to win i need to use barret, i use it

Liber_Lupus
January 13, 2005, 6:31 pm
Oh stfu and accept the weapons as they are

DT
January 13, 2005, 9:39 pm
heh autos could have one power and barreturds would still complain about them because of the blink

frogboy
January 14, 2005, 1:14 am
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_accountIt's impossible using M79, Spas, Deagles, Ruger and Barret to hit your target.

Bull[IMAGE].

Marine
January 14, 2005, 5:28 am
It's fine. Really, it is. Who cares about clans? Just don't battle them anymore. Poor sports. You rarely come across a pub server with everyone using just one weapon (minimi, barrett).

It's fine.
People whine too much.

The Geologist
January 14, 2005, 5:44 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by 3rd_accountIt's impossible using M79, Spas, Deagles, Ruger and Barret to hit your target.

Bull[IMAGE].

Pure grade A bull[IMAGE]. Agreed.

ubiquity
January 14, 2005, 7:25 am
i just think people would complain whatever happens.

i know that its more balanced than 1.2 for sure and thats all that matters.

Darky
January 14, 2005, 6:02 pm
We all have to face the fact that the weapon ballance is the worse ever. There is really just one solution to this difficult problem which have been troubling every soldat players mind since the release of version 1.2.1. The only decent solution would be to increase the power of the ruger, making it four times better then now and decrease the power of all machine guns and other weapons to a level near 0. Don't you all agree?

AerialAssault
January 14, 2005, 9:12 pm
you people who answered no arent understanding the big picture here. dont you realize, that assault rifles and MGs are finally being used as assault weapons like they should be? this is probably the only game in the world where automatic weapons are the best weapons for assaulting and people complain about it. its hard to assault with a sniper rifle in the game, because in the interest of fairness, Michal made it realistic. the majority of players should use autos, that should be considered normal. if you are going to be effective at assaulting with a weapon not designed for such an activity, then youll have to be good. the weapons are balanced, stop complaining.

lieroguy
January 14, 2005, 10:30 pm
Word, Aerial. I agree wholeheartedly.

Psyker
January 14, 2005, 10:39 pm
bingo

and besides, you can accomplish so much more with autos

for example, it is much, much easier to make cover fire for others with an auto as opposed to a ruger or m79

Zero Wiggles Murasame
January 17, 2005, 1:50 pm
I don't cover others by firing, I cover by running into the shot. So any gun is fine.

KeyesBlob
January 17, 2005, 2:43 pm
I think Soldat 1.0.5 was more balanced. It didn't have that gay "screen stretch" thing that the barret has now...

Liquid Metal
January 21, 2005, 7:50 am
I vote No. The chainsaw got nerfed bad.

FoZ
January 22, 2005, 5:50 pm
Quiet down children, you should not be arguing or voting over pointless topics.
Be thankful Michal programmed soldat, and that you have a computer to play it on.
Just about everyone here has some sort of anger issue and seems to have to disown someone else just because they have a different opinion or are just trying to be hateful, I think you guys need to learn how to debate and stop using the word 'Barretard'! >:O

Spectral
January 22, 2005, 7:50 pm
but the persuasiveness of 'Barretard' is unmatched!