( search forums )
Lobby.. A little bit congested
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
chunkymonkey4u2
January 12, 2005, 3:28 am
It seems like the lobby load has just gotten slower and slower, and now I'm lucky if all of the servers even show up. I have also noticed that my ping has been getting higher and higher. I know it's not just my connection, because there are a few people that are experiencing the same problem. I even lowered my firewall to see if that was the problem and there was no difference. Are any of you guys experiencing this?

Aegis
January 12, 2005, 3:30 am
I too am having slow response from the lobby server. It's definitely not my connection as all other online games work fine. But I shouldn't think this effect server pings.. o.O

chunkymonkey4u2
January 12, 2005, 3:35 am
Well, I'm not exactly sure if I'm just having a bad connection right now or something, but it is definantly higher than it has been in a long time. (Almost to the point of when I had dialup)

MOFO NOFO
January 12, 2005, 3:54 pm
have you downloaded too much? because (most of the time) if u d/l over 10 gigs ur speed gets slowed to 64k

DeMonIc
January 12, 2005, 4:29 pm
I'm experiencing the same thing, and I rarely download anything, mainly because I only have a 4gbyte harddrive :P

b00stA
January 12, 2005, 6:39 pm
Mofo nofo: Every provider handles that differently. e.g. I don't have some kind of limit after transferring "too much".
quote:Originally posted by chunkymonkey4u2
I have also noticed that my ping has been getting higher and higher.
The lobby has *nothing* to do with your pings to the servers. The lobby only tells you the servers (IP, name, etc.), but you ping the servers yourself.

(moved from Gen. Disc. to Help/Bugs)

Deleted User
January 12, 2005, 6:49 pm
Common Bugs, Problems, etc.

Theres a section listed in that thread which tells you how to optimize your connection. Give it a try and see what it does for you. The only other advice I can give you, is make sure that your PC is free of spyware and anything that might be using your connection (such as the automatic Windows Update utility, and other 3rd party update applications) is turned off when you play.

chunkymonkey4u2
January 12, 2005, 11:57 pm
Well I know it's not spyware, because I've scanned three times already and the same out come remains. I might try optimizing and see if it works out.