( search forums )
Crypt32.dll error
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ewil
January 12, 2005, 5:14 pm
This happened me twice from four times I tried to play it, now it happens all the time. I'm talking about: "Crypt32.dll error"
How could I dix it? It comes when I start Soldat, after the Registration form thingie...

I'm running Windows ME, I have directX 9.0b, 700mHz, 192mbRAM

thank you in advance

palloco
January 12, 2005, 6:33 pm
That is weird. TRy reinstalling soldat
I would check for spyware with adaware and spbot S&D. If problem is still there you may try reinstalling latest dx, drivers of video card or replacing the dll: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?crypt32

b00stA
January 12, 2005, 6:53 pm
Does it just say "cryp32.dll error"? something else? is it missing? does Soldat close afterwards?

Crypt32.dll help
Help yourself :p

ewil
January 13, 2005, 6:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by pallocoThat is weird. TRy reinstalling soldat
I would check for spyware with adaware and spbot S&D. If problem is still there you may try reinstalling latest dx, drivers of video card or replacing the dll: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?crypt32

I did the spywares, I re-installed dx and Soldat, and nothing changed

Now it does a black screen too, this can happen when the "choose profile" comes and then I click the default or something else

Here's the weird thing "Soldat Dedicated Server works perfectly, I was even able to do my own server

Soldat is amazing game so I just keep on trying... the dll replacement next, should I replace ALL the Crypt32.dlls or which one?

Thanks from your help

Deleted User
January 13, 2005, 6:51 pm
I would say, try placing a copy of the downloaded crypt32.dll into the Soldat folder. If that doesn't fix the problem, then remove it from the Soldat folder.

Now, you want to make an emergency boot disk and copy the original crypt32.dll onto it, just in case. Set it aside for now, and follow the rest of these instructions.

Search your system for any and all instances of crypt32.dll. You should really only have one, with one extra stored in backup somewhere if you use System Restore. You'll need to replace each crypt32.dll with the one you downloaded, rebooting after you replace each one and testing Soldat after each reboot. Hopefully, that will help.