( search forums )
More realistic LAW/Magazine Fed reload
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Unlucky 13
January 12, 2005, 10:54 pm
Well, if you were in the middle of reloading a rocket launcher, and someone came along, so you put away your LAW, bring out some other gun, blast him and get back to reloading, wouldnt the rocket fall out? In other words, what I am trying to say is that you really shouldn't be able to swap weapons, swap back and continue a reload.

My point really is to make the LAW less powerful by only allowing a reload if the LAW is kept as the used weapon during that time. If you change your weapon, you have to start the reload again. Maybe you could speed up reload a bit to even that out, but it still shouldn't get too fast.

Oh and a dropped LAW would automatically unload, no matter its loading status (unless complete).
Taxi, maybe you are right, all weapons should do that, but maybe not the Spas, as it isn't a magazine fed weapon (is it? meh you can be the gun experts)
May weaken autos alot, making the Barreters (not tards) happier.
Silenced, maybe you are right too. Maybe only for realistic mode.

Taxista
January 12, 2005, 10:57 pm
If u pick some loaded law in the floor in real life, when u grab it is unloaded ? :P
And if u want to stop the reload of law when u change gun, u would have to change to all guns imo.

[S][K]Taxi

SilencedAsshole
January 12, 2005, 11:08 pm
This would be much more that Soldat Players can carry! But i can imagine this suggestion worth a thought about in Realsistic Mode.

Deleted User
January 12, 2005, 11:23 pm
I'm not sure how I stand on this idea. I'm for it in one sense because I always wait for one gun to reload before I go to the other. I'm also against in another sense because I know there are a lot of people who switch back and forth between both weapons as they're reloading.

Overall it's a good suggestion and it makes sense to have it, especially in Realistic Mode.

kkazican
January 13, 2005, 12:52 am
When in doubt send it to realistic mode.

Meandor
January 13, 2005, 12:10 pm
I like the idea of not being able to switch while reloading, for all weapons. Drop is excessive though imo, just reset the reloading process whenever a weapon is swapped.

MOFO NOFO
January 13, 2005, 9:06 pm
its a good idea...

Liquid Metal
January 14, 2005, 1:58 am
Good idea I think. But I wouldn't want it unless its in Realsistic Mode. Like you nearly finsih reloading a long reload weapon and then you switch... Oh noes you have 2 reload again.

LazehBoi
January 14, 2005, 7:57 am
People don't play realistic mode yet they wish to fill it with crap they'll never play? I don't get it.
I like this idea, for normal mode, and every weapon (except the Spas).

KeFear
January 14, 2005, 9:04 am
Hmm.. every crap suggestion should be implemented only in realistic mode? :D LOL, i don't like these ideas... real mode is just crap already, i think it was much better in 1.1.5, i loved to play in that time.. i enjoyed it more than normal mode. But since 1.2 it is just un-playable..

Liquid Metal
January 15, 2005, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiPeople don't play realistic mode yet they wish to fill it with crap they'll never play? I don't get it.
I like this idea, for normal mode, and every weapon (except the Spas).
The only reason I don't play realistic much is because of the recoil. I'm not complaining or anything, all I think is that the recoil should be more realistic.

February 20, 2005, 6:22 am
OOOk, Thats why people place law tubes upside down so th rocket stays in. And besides, its disposable. But actually, the reload should be faster, cos its dropping the rocket into the tube. you drop it lock the missile, point, shoot, reload, repeat. Shouldn't take too long.
Aim
Fire
Reload
Repeat

Unlucky 13
February 20, 2005, 7:14 am
o.0 Ah its the thread revivalist! Oh, and I mean, if you changed a weapon while you were reloading the LAW, wouldn't the rocket/missle/projectile come out in mid roll? Or jump about a bit during a fall? Hell, maybe even recoil could knock it out. And if it was dropped, the rocket almost indefinatly would *pop* out.

And just a thought, would the chaingun have the chain of bullets fall out?