( search forums )
Better Gamemodes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jaz
January 13, 2005, 12:27 am
More like more game modes will mean more options, people just chose there faveourites usually but if there was a few more they might be used more.

Predator Mode:
Someone randomly chosen at the start of a match to be a predator. The other people should stick together and when the predator strikes they would be able to have a chance of killing him. He has a tad more health like rambo and you can notice when he's dieing still. Whoever gets the kill becomes the pred and gets 5 seconds as everybody else spawns in random places. Could even have specific weapons like in rambo mode...and collecting heads, whoever collects the most heads wins.

SpeedBall: Like the football game, but more advanced and set by michal, two goals, a steel ball and a special weapon for shooting the ball and passing to your team mates and trying to score etc...im sure youm get the drift of this one...could have some cool maps with it etc.

freeze tag...i said this one ages ago but ill bring it back again. You die you get frozen, until you get thawed by one of your team mates and you can have special objectives etc.

ok what do you think?

Chakra
January 13, 2005, 12:30 am
All of them have been suggested before. But who cares...michal don't read that far back and he needs reminders now and then.

(makes a mental note to suggest vehicles)

All of them I support full-heartily.

Unlucky 13
January 13, 2005, 12:32 am
These are nice suggestions, especially Predator mode.

The Geologist
January 13, 2005, 12:41 am
Predator mode would be great. The other two I'm not too keen on, but they're still good suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

bananaboi
January 13, 2005, 12:44 am
Predator mode is like one of the modes in Halo 2

anyway i really like the freeze tag mode it sounds challanging (smiles an evil face)

kkazican
January 13, 2005, 12:50 am
Yeah I'm all for the freeze tag and predator mode although it would be insanely hard for the predator.

3rd_account
January 13, 2005, 12:55 am
Predator and SpeedBall seems great. But I'm not sure about freeze tag. I'd just get mad if I never got thawed. :o

Jaz
January 13, 2005, 12:57 am
People frozen get extra long spawn time, like 20 seconds then there back in, unless thawed.

Magniitude
January 13, 2005, 1:14 am
Those ideas seem fun enough. Ball games!

Empire
January 13, 2005, 1:20 am
I think we should make our own soldat game update, cuz I think michal wont do.

bucky_brad
January 13, 2005, 7:41 am
These are good but first we need KoTH.

blackdevil0742
January 13, 2005, 5:53 pm
I like the predator suggestion

Judge_Man
January 14, 2005, 6:20 am
Predator mode would be great.
SpeedBall= UT2k3's bombing run.
Freeze Tag hmmm ...bleh

Hostile_Marine
January 16, 2005, 6:35 am
Predator =), i'd like to see a soldat-predator skin in play :)

Jaz
January 16, 2005, 2:12 pm
So, everyone likes these gamemodes, or some of them. So why dont they get involved in the next version of soldat?

zyxstand
January 16, 2005, 4:27 pm
like the ideas but there's this problem with predator mode - on my old laptop i could ezily see a guy in predetor mode but on crt monitors its a bid harder and on my new computer with lcd its right in bteween there

Judge_Man
January 16, 2005, 9:00 pm
The one that seems to be more appreciated is predator. I don't really like the two others.

zarstar
January 16, 2005, 11:11 pm
I think they are 3 great ideas...laso if the predator mode is the best for me..

It's always better to have more games mode...expecially Special Modes with balls or others..

mar77a
January 17, 2005, 1:10 am
Maybe Predator mode could replace Pointmatch...

Captain Ben
January 17, 2005, 1:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazSo, everyone likes these gamemodes, or some of them. So why dont they get involved in the next version of soldat?

nice ideas jaz, but just because everyone so far has liked them doesnt mean that they'll be in the next version of soldat.
its all up to michal
i like the predator one the most

Judge_Man
January 17, 2005, 1:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77aMaybe Predator mode could replace Pointmatch...

I would not mind, 90% of people would not mind maybe. But there will be like the 10-20 peeps who like pointmatch will want to keep it so....forget about removing Pointmatch.

murakumo32
January 18, 2005, 1:02 am
i like the idea of predator mode and speedball mode and with that i have a suggestion. how about if the ball could by used as a weapon (e.g. you can kill opponents by haurling the ball at them)

Liquid Metal
January 18, 2005, 2:39 am
I like predator, it'll be like an advance version of rambo. But like rambo people would probbally kill each other to kill the predator first.

Green Barret
January 18, 2005, 8:57 am
Strange... I suggested the Predater idea before..

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19939&SearchTerms=Predator

But different from what you suggested.

Unlucky 13
January 18, 2005, 9:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Liquid MetalI like predator, it'll be like an advance version of rambo. But like rambo people would probbally kill each other to kill the predator first.
That happens when they are going to get the bow mainnly, not when getting TO Rambo, thats when I get help[IMAGE]

Jaz
January 18, 2005, 10:44 pm
If you kill someone on your team, you get 20 sec respawn and a message saying you need to kill the predator.

murakumo32
January 19, 2005, 1:50 am
I think that everyone but the predator should be on one team.
I may not be comprehending this right, but why should all players be every man for him-self?