( search forums )
CTF_Downdrop v.1.0 - Remakeage
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Boxo
January 13, 2005, 1:32 pm
My original ctf_dropdown, well, sucks, so I made a remake. Some things have been changed pretty much, but it's still recognizable. I'm hoping this will replace ctf_dropdown in the next Soldat version. It looks much better in-game than in the overview, try it, and why not add it to your server rotation if you like it.

[IMAGE]
I really liked how the 'swamp' at the bottom turned out.

> version history
-released

DL (use copy-paste to get it, nothing else works): http://www.freewebs.com/boxo/downdrop10.zip

enjoy

Deleted User
January 13, 2005, 8:48 pm
well ye...its kinda good job...but u had the start so very hard it wasn't?

well look nice..but..no i don't download

Deleted User
January 13, 2005, 9:43 pm
i think you made it too complicated, with so much pathways and stuff, especially the top part by adding that little area, i really dont see any point in that and i figure the map will play better without that. also again way to many pathways, in the middle that little "bulding" is not needed, instead of that, just put a simple path in between the middle and bottom routes... also one more thing i dont like is the background color, i really cant see anything at the bottom and it doesnt fit with the map according to me...

some things i do like is the new flag position, the swamp at the bottom looks great when i tried a different background color in mapmaker(cause i cant see it with your current color) and also the hurting poly's at top are really nice,and i like the way you shaded it... i think this one is better but too complicated..

LOL well i dont like alot of things but i still think this map is 8.5/10...

The Geologist
January 14, 2005, 12:12 am
I like it! I've only played on it for a little while and I enjoy it more than the original version. 9.7/10 because I noticed a few poly bugs (little things, like health boxes getting caught between polys and being lauched out). This is a great remake and I'd like to see it on some servers.

MOFO NOFO
January 14, 2005, 9:43 am
this is GREAT... i am used to the original, BUT i would LOVE to see this in server rotations!!!!!!

(again, wtf happens with your links lol...(yes i know how to use em))

blackdevil0742
January 14, 2005, 11:25 am
it looks good.

Chakra
January 15, 2005, 8:46 am
This maps looks very intense.