( search forums )
CTF StormTheHill
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Lothus
January 13, 2005, 6:32 pm
Okey Guys and Girls! I have made my first map now and im verry proud of it :).
You can play deathmatch and capture the flag mode in it.
I didnt have any time to make any waypoints for bots so you got to live without it! :)
The map is more a realistic war map than some other "original" maps. Its a bif battle field upon a plateou/hill and on the ground in front of it starts the red team and the blue once starts on top of the plateou/hill. The red once have to get thru tunnels and caves in the plateou/hill to get up to the battlefield and the blue base on top of it.
When the red team storms the hill/plateou will they proabobly meet a great defense from the blue team in the tunnels and caves underneeth the plateou/hill with the battlefield and blue base.
The tunnel is full of stationary guns and the battlefield also got some. The whole map got 15(!!) stationary guns so nobody have to line for a gun ;)!

Another great thing is that you cant fly up to the top of the plateou/hill, you have to use the tunnels, caves! So if you are a red soldier you will proabobly get a hard job :p!
But a fun job also!!!

The map is best with 15->32 players!

I have uploaded some pictures so u can see the map, check it out now!
You can also get more information in the first picture that is a litle collage by pictures.

Heres some pictures!

Information and pictures: [URL]

A single picture: [URL]

A single picture 2 - cave system and some info:[URL]

A single picture 3 - a litle bit of the battlefield: [URL]

Interested? Then send me a mail (stev_lothus@hotmail.com) and i can send the (PMS) map file to you.
I don't know how to upload the file thats why i have to do it this way. But as i said, contact me if ur interested!

I would also be verry glad if a server with many players, a big server would play my map.
Do you got a server and want to play it? Please contact me, send me a mail: stev_lothus@hotmail.com
Then can i also join cus i haven't tryed my map with players yet!

(I know, i have proabobly some grammar and spelling fails but i hope u understand what i has written :) )

_Mancer_
January 13, 2005, 7:44 pm
No shading = Bad.

5/10 just for the fact there is no shading.

Alamo
January 13, 2005, 10:04 pm
... i would need to see an overview to give a real rating ... but while you're at, send me a copy :) alamoalamo@gmail.com

DesFS
January 14, 2005, 5:53 am
Nice. The picture links don't work.

blackdevil0742
January 14, 2005, 6:06 am
screens not working :(

Lothus
January 14, 2005, 6:24 am
OK, its my first map thats why its a bit bad :p
But im working on it, i just started to make some shadows and it is mutch better but its a bit bad in the edges between two textures.
Yeye, by the way how do i get an overview?

Lothus
January 14, 2005, 2:22 pm
k, fixed some shadows now, but how do i make a overview?

Rambo_6
January 15, 2005, 5:48 pm
Zoom out with the mapmaker so you can see the whole map, then press the print screen button at the top right hand side of your keyboard. Open MS Paint, then hit ctrl+v to paste the image there. Voila.

Lothus
January 16, 2005, 11:15 am
ok, didnt know i could zoom out that mutch! but thanks :)

Lothus
January 16, 2005, 12:04 pm
Ok, now im dune with the shadows that some complained about and here iss the link to the overview: http://www.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc34&image=faf_stormthehill2.PNG
If u cant pres the link above here, right on the site, copy it and paste it into your web browser!

If youre still interested of the map, give your hotmail and i send the file to u or contact me stev_lothus@hotmail.com

The map is best if 15-32 players plays it at once. So if any great server with lots of players want to play it....CONTACT ME! So i also can play it with you!

Lothus
January 16, 2005, 3:20 pm
Any comments now when you have seen the overview...dont forget that its my first map (!) :)

Lothus
January 17, 2005, 5:18 pm
baaah :p ;)

Uber Beast
January 17, 2005, 5:45 pm
Jag tror den e bra men jag kan inte se dina bilder ( I think the map is good blah blah blah)

Lothus
January 17, 2005, 7:04 pm
Oh! Funkar inte den sista? http://www.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc34&image=faf_stormthehill2.PNG

Oh! Dose'nt the last one work? http://www.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc34&image=faf_stormthehill2.PNG