( search forums )
Is it possible to zoom in?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Nooble
January 13, 2005, 11:17 pm
I just started playing Soldat, and the graphics are pretty good. I was wondering if it's possible to zxoom in, so I can see more of the characters.

It's kind of annoying to see tiny guys running around shooting each other..I can't enjoy the graphics of Soldat...

I looked close to my monitor and closely at the men, and the graphics are good. I don't see why they have to be soooooo tiny...

SERIAL KILLeR
January 13, 2005, 11:19 pm
Use full screen mode if u havent already. U can enable it with config.exe in the soldat directory

FliesLikeABrick
January 13, 2005, 11:35 pm
keep in mind that this will not change how many ppl you view or antyhing. You view the same material, only it is expanded to your full monitor at the same resolution as the windowed soldat mode

Nooble
January 14, 2005, 12:19 am
I use fullscreen. But the guys are so tiny. I've alwasy been using full screen.

blackdevil0742
January 14, 2005, 5:47 am
chage your screen resolution
to a bigger one.

b00stA
January 14, 2005, 12:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742chage your screen resolution
to a bigger one.

That just doesn't make any sense at all.

If you play in windowed mode, it will become even SMALLER and you can't even change the resolution for fullscreen.

Melba
January 14, 2005, 2:20 pm
don't worry about it, you'll get used to it :)

blackdevil0742
January 14, 2005, 6:45 pm
well my friend has a bigger resolution, the soldat soldiers are a litle bigger and everything else compared to mine.

b00stA
January 14, 2005, 7:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742well my friend has a bigger resolution, the soldat soldiers are a litle bigger and everything else compared to mine.

The resolution itself is smaller (less pixels). Everything just looks bigger.

blackdevil0742
January 14, 2005, 7:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by NoobleI use fullscreen. But the guys are so tiny. I've alwasy been using full screen.

oh,ok b00sta but he said that he wanted them to look bigger. ^SEE^

b00stA
January 15, 2005, 1:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742quote:Originally posted by NoobleI use fullscreen. But the guys are so tiny. I've alwasy been using full screen.

oh,ok b00sta but he said that he wanted them to look bigger. ^SEE^

He is using full screen, which results in the "biggest picture".

..what?

Magniitude
January 15, 2005, 5:36 pm
dont put anti-antalising on/ or whatever filter is there, it makes it a bit filtered and doesnt look as good.

Morik
January 15, 2005, 7:47 pm
i think you would just have to get used to it. If you would zoom in you would see less of the map, which is bad

DT
January 16, 2005, 2:28 am
you can get a certan type of moniter that has zoom functions... like mine does... although i don't use em... i need to see

NightCabbage
January 16, 2005, 3:23 am
Genereal idea is that Soldat renders the entire screen at a resolution of 640x480, which cannot be changed.

And even if you could zoom in... it would look really REALLY bad :P

Most of the graphics of the characters are only ~5 pixels in width/height.

mar77a
January 20, 2005, 1:18 am
Correcto! Soldat has awfaul graphics that look good in a tiny size...