( search forums )
CTF_Zanzibar
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Mirth Prolan
January 14, 2005, 2:05 am
So I decided earlier today that I would try my darndest to make a remake of Halo 2's 'Zanzibar'.

Bad idea.

From what I've played, the map is pretty horrendous but I'm going to post it anyways so you guys can see what NOT to do, and that is making Halo/2 maps for Soldat. From what I've seen the gameplay is SO DIFFERENT that making maps for Soldat based around a Halo/2 map is pretty pointless.

OVERVIEW:
[IMAGE]
Ugh
[URL]

Touche, Bungie. Tou.. Che.

Rambo_6
January 14, 2005, 2:10 am
Ok, folks move along, nothing to see here.

Remember not to use a good title up if you can't live up to it :p

You really need some shading, better poly placement and better scenery placement on this map.

Mirth Prolan
January 14, 2005, 2:11 am
This is an example of what NOT to do.

This was never meant to impress, but to examine and study.

_Mancer_
January 14, 2005, 2:32 am
At least he knows it sucks.

1/10

Deleted User
January 14, 2005, 3:57 am
God that's horrendous..you've ruined my favorite halo 2 map...but because you admitted that it sucks I'll forgive you this one time...

Iowa.
January 14, 2005, 4:01 am
Please, take these suggestions:

I. Read tutorials! Even if you have already, re-read them. Over & over & over...
II. Take your time. You have made 3 or 4 maps within' like 2 days. Most good maps will takes a couples days to a couple of weeks or more.
III. Practice. You need to learn how to shade. So, make a test map and just practice shading. This will greatly improve your skill.
IV. Good map idea's. This for example is a bad idea. Don't make a bad map (no offence) of a nice map.

Deleted User
January 14, 2005, 1:19 pm
Iowa. you are an idiot.

Rhombus
January 14, 2005, 3:49 pm
but he is right

FliesLikeABrick
January 14, 2005, 9:49 pm
http://sml.u13.net/files/tutorial

Deleted User
January 15, 2005, 8:38 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_At least he knows it sucks.

1/10

ROFL!

Yeah...the colours on that map are pretty bad :/