( search forums )
Soap Needs Your Help!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Soap
January 14, 2005, 4:01 am
My favorite part of making a map is shading it and making it look pretty. I abhor designing maps. I hate it. It stinks.

My skills as a map maker is a matter of opinion; this is not an ostentatious post.

I want to make a CTF map. But I want someone else to design it for me.

The job:

Draw a rough outline of the map in MS paint and post the picture here. The ones I like the most will made into a map by me. But the fun doesn't end there.

I plan on hosting a dedicated server with all the maps I make. If you play from the east coast of Australia or southeast Asia, you will find it has a satisfying ping and full of homebrew Soap maps.

Thank you for your time.

Rambo_6
January 20, 2005, 5:29 am
I'm full of ideas, but i rarely get around to working on them. I'll try to post some here :)

Captain Ben
February 8, 2005, 8:53 am
i'd like to see your server when it comes out. what are you planning on calling it?

zaraza
February 8, 2005, 11:33 am
i was going to make my old map to look better but i never had time.
If u wan't u can do it. I can send u the previous map but it's better to make it from scratch again with theme u want.
here's the screenie on which is how i want the map to look like:
[IMAGE]

GL & HF :)

mar77a
February 11, 2005, 2:11 am
I draw a nice inf map for you to ake soap:

[IMAGE]

The Geologist
February 11, 2005, 3:11 am
Here's what I have so far...and ah, my drawing skills in paint happen to suck very much. (Thanks to Imageshack.us for hosting)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Narzul
February 17, 2005, 5:44 am
Here is my idea (i dont tink its will fit a lot in soldat but anyway)

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
February 17, 2005, 7:28 am
My idea is of something cold, bleak, and very desolate.

I imagine a stark landscape, rizen with snow, where two armies do battle with a constant vigor that never ends. The winds blow hard with nature's own sharp bite, small flakes of snow falling to join the earth as so many soldiers already have.

The ground is frozen solid, its treacherous wastes concealing a network of caves nestled deep within the earth's unforgiving layers, where underground lakes lie in wait for unwary soldiers to sink beneath their waters.

Keep jets to a minimum, no grenade bonuses, few medkits.

[IMAGE]

Soap
February 17, 2005, 10:11 am
I'm getting ideas already from all of these maps.

Thanks, duders.