( search forums )
Rugertard vs Bink
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
January 14, 2005, 4:37 am

Not so long ago, I didn't particularly care for having a weapon of choice, opting for just any weapon at any time. All good fun.

However I felt for a change of pace a while ago, and returned to my roots as a utterly annoying rugertard. I've become quite handy.

What I ask though is, although fairly proficient with it, I find myself utterly helpless under the close WRATH of most automatics, particularly the minimi.

What i've yet to work out though is am I being binked, or do I just not have enough time to make an accurate shot while getting hammered? I can't honestly detect the bink visually, yet theres without a doubt an inability to get a precise shot with a stream of bullets in my face.

Is it bink?
Is it just me trying to rush under pressure?
Perhaps I can't see where to aim for the stream of bullets blocking the visibility of mine, thus not knowing where to judge?
Perhaps an autoer lags a little when firing, however far fetched that may sound?

As a possible rugertard yourself, what do you think.

(first person to say i'm just crap wins the Pallaco Prize for originality)

Iowa.
January 14, 2005, 4:49 am
Your crap. Naw. I actually get that all the time. Quite normal. Except, I see where my bullets go.

*I mean, I get bink all the time. We got to just wait for next update.

The Geologist
January 14, 2005, 4:56 am
At the risk of being told I'm talking sh*t again, I'd say it's a combination of a few of those things. Whenever I find myself getting mowed down by too much auto fire I always have to calm/slow down, because lets face it...no one likes getting beaten. On that same note, it's what you do while being shot at that can make all the difference. The ruger has an excellent range on it, and as a fellow rugertard (lmao) I'd say that your best chance is to perfect your long range shots to kill/wear down the opponent before they're bogging you down with auto spray. I realize that can't always happen...and in instances where I'm too close to someone with an auto I find a quick jump and a knife toss can take care of the problem.

However, you can't always get out of the storm of auto spray, and it's times like that your aim really counts. I can't really say anything other than trial and error..move, make a shot, see how close you are...if you're still alive, try to correct your shot and try again. I usually don't follow the bullets because they move so quick, but instead look for them hitting the ground or my enemy. Sometimes using the terrain to block their bullets until I can, say..lead them around a corner or a part of the map and make them more vunerable to a few quick shots can be good. I hope some of this is helping, because it seems like I'm rambling...or maybe I've explained myself so much lately it all just seems the same. Regardless, and while this thought may sound a little hypocritical, it does work a moderate amount of the time. I've found that in instances of being really close to an autoer, it's better to simply run past them...you shoot them once while you approach, and then turn around to shoot them from behind very quickly. Two shots and they're dead...although you may be hurting yourself after such a close encoutner.

Always, practice is good...sometimes it takes a few games to get good and warmed up before my long range shots hit. And, of course...a laggy server is never good for placing accurate shots when they count. Anyhoo, that's my two cents...enjoy.

Marine
January 14, 2005, 5:23 am
Yea, I really hate it. I've actually been using ruger more often lately, I love it. Usually, before they can hit you you can get a shot off in the torso (or head, if you're lucky). From there they'll usually start firing, sometimes I can get another accurate shot off, but not always. But from then one I use nades, secondary, and jet to my advantage. Good thing with Steyr and MP5 is the clip drains in what, less than 10 seconds? So if you really just FLY LIKE HELL opposite the direction their running, they'll empty their clip into air and you can return fire to hopefully kill them.

AK and Minimi different story, since they have huge clips. But just do what Geo said too, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

It's all tactics.

KeFear
January 14, 2005, 9:13 am
Yeah, but what about the "bink", when you are running too fast? Is it me, or it happens really? I can't shoot so accurate when i'm in a haste. And that's a bit annoying, cos slow moving = death, almost anytime. But now speed = inaccurate shots, so it's a bit hard..
Anyway, i still use ruger most of the time, but i'm not that good with it as i was in 1.2 or 1.1.5

SuperKill
January 14, 2005, 9:27 am
cursor grow = bink.
just like in cs.

palloco
January 14, 2005, 11:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
What I ask though is, although fairly proficient with it, I find myself utterly helpless under the close WRATH of most automatics, particularly the minimi.

Tehn learn to play, learn that every weapon have their own moment to be used

quote:Unoriginally posted by Pallaco? WTH is Pallaco?
What I ask though is, although fairly proficient with it, I find myself utterly helpless with my minimi under the close WRATH of most weapons, particularly the chainsaw and the minigun.

_Mancer_
January 14, 2005, 11:53 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistAt the risk of being told I'm talking sh*t again, I'd say it's a combination of a few of those things. Whenever I find myself getting mowed down by too much auto fire I always have to calm/slow down, because lets face it...no one likes getting beaten. On that same note, it's what you do while being shot at that can make all the difference. The ruger has an excellent range on it, and as a fellow rugertard (lmao) I'd say that your best chance is to perfect your long range shots to kill/wear down the opponent before they're bogging you down with auto spray. I realize that can't always happen...and in instances where I'm too close to someone with an auto I find a quick jump and a knife toss can take care of the problem.

However, you can't always get out of the storm of auto spray, and it's times like that your aim really counts. I can't really say anything other than trial and error..move, make a shot, see how close you are...if you're still alive, try to correct your shot and try again. I usually don't follow the bullets because they move so quick, but instead look for them hitting the ground or my enemy. Sometimes using the terrain to block their bullets until I can, say..lead them around a corner or a part of the map and make them more vunerable to a few quick shots can be good. I hope some of this is helping, because it seems like I'm rambling...or maybe I've explained myself so much lately it all just seems the same. Regardless, and while this thought may sound a little hypocritical, it does work a moderate amount of the time. I've found that in instances of being really close to an autoer, it's better to simply run past them...you shoot them once while you approach, and then turn around to shoot them from behind very quickly. Two shots and they're dead...although you may be hurting yourself after such a close encoutner.

Always, practice is good...sometimes it takes a few games to get good and warmed up before my long range shots hit. And, of course...a laggy server is never good for placing accurate shots when they count. Anyhoo, that's my two cents...enjoy.

As of what Geo said, and as a rugertard myself, All it takes is a bit of knowlege to get around the Minimi spray. I think there is a bit of bink there but enough for you to escape it and counter your opponent spraying you. If you know what to do, I mind you.

AerialAssault
January 14, 2005, 12:12 pm
when close range, pull out a knife or chainsaw and cut them.

Deleted User
January 14, 2005, 12:27 pm
being a ruger slut myself, i have noticed that aiming becomes harder when you got a sprayer unloading in your face (dont be immature). i think this may be because with all those other bullets in the way, it is more difficult to picture the path of your own amongst them. the only way to get around this ive found is to kill the player before he fires up his auto. just takes a bit of practice (you also have to fire at anything as soon as it moves into your screen :P).

Darky
January 14, 2005, 12:40 pm
As an experienced rugertard I must say that machine guns can be very.. annoying if you haven't played for quite some time and decide to make a come-back, which I've recently done. But, I suppose it's like cycling, it sticks in there forever. When I have fully recoverd and my skills are where they're supposed to be again, I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to hurt and injure me and my brothers. And they will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon them. May God have mercy on their souls, 'cause my Ruger 77 sure won't.
--
[IMAGE]
The Ruger of Darkness

Jaz
January 14, 2005, 12:46 pm
Bink just does make your cursor get big, your shot just goes nowhere near where its intended. Even if with the bink, your still aimed on your opponent.

Boxo
January 14, 2005, 1:34 pm
Ruger just isn't the weapon for ctf_kampf and such small maps, but in anything with some room, i find it's easy enought to use ducking, cover and long-range shots to pick people off before they get close enuogh to spray you. a socom or a knife is handy to have in case they do get too close. I'm also an occasional steyr-tard, and a good rugerwhore isn't an easy opponent with it.

lieroguy
January 14, 2005, 3:37 pm
Despite the bink, a large percentage of the guys I know who frequent SuS servers pick the ruger as the weapon of coice. Even when I'm hosing them with autos, their accuracy seems unaffected. If I didn't know any better, I'd say there wasn't any bink on the ruger at all.

quote:
Quote by Darky:

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to hurt and injure me and my brothers. And they will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon them.

Quentin Terintino and his movies should be burned. Only when his movies' horrible dialogue actually becomes popular will you see something like this. Ick.

Jello
January 14, 2005, 4:39 pm
I think the Ruger has too long of a time between shots to be effective at close range. Just knife the guys. They usually just run right at you anyways...

DeMonIc
January 14, 2005, 4:56 pm
Mmmh...since I realized the power of the Socom, I only use ruger as a support-gun.1 hit with ruger->switch to socom->rain death.That means I don't notice bink, at all.

wormdundee
January 14, 2005, 11:35 pm
lieroguy, there is an absolutely massive bink for ruger, especially in close range of course, dont know how you havent noticed it, but ah well

anyways, i dont see it as much of a problem for me, not to be arrogant or anything, but im probably one of the best out there with a ruger and if i have difficulty killing people with heavy autos (minimi and ak) how is a noobie ever going to get started using a ruger?

theyll get absolutely mauled most of the time, which isnt good, because then theyll switch to another weapon and the amount of ruger-users in the game will go down, which makes me sad

as for me, some of the time i can hit them once or twice before they start shooting (one of them is usually a long-range shot, guessing where they will be), but pretty often ill shoot them once, and by that time theyll be in my face and ill be damned if i can hit anything even within an inch of my guy

thats pretty much the only annoying thing, but i do think there is too much bink on the ruger
just decrease bink a touch and it will be dandy

IDF-RIPsta
January 15, 2005, 7:41 am
lieroguy, that quote is from the bible...

The Geologist
January 15, 2005, 8:04 am
Isn't it also in Pulp Fiction?

Chakra
January 15, 2005, 8:09 am
So what is the reason I can't aim under the spray of autos then?

I think I have learnt a little something from this thread though. Better to use ruger strictly for range, and then close in with a secondary is the message i'm receiving.

The Geologist
January 15, 2005, 8:32 am
Not sure...it's up to the individual to get it done (and I realize such a saying doesn't help). To be honest, I don't rely on the crosshair so much since the bink can effect those...just trying to follow the path of the bullet and seeing where it ends up tends to help more in correcting my shot under auto spray.

DeMonIc
January 15, 2005, 9:32 am
Agreed, memorising the bullett path is what really makes you a good shot :) That's why I always edit ruger bullett to be bigger, so I can see where it actually goes.I find it helpful ^^

Meandor
January 15, 2005, 1:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by ChakraSo what is the reason I can't aim under the spray of autos then?

I think I have learnt a little something from this thread though. Better to use ruger strictly for range, and then close in with a secondary is the message i'm receiving.

Agreed, i don't think it's any good for short range. The only problem i see with ruger is that i can't use it in most zones maps. But it's the best for places like top of b2b, and generally maps with low jet fuel. Because if you're with ruger, it's relatively harder to kill someone coming from top, compared to other weapons. That's just me anyway, and i use it exclusively on b2b.

wormdundee
January 15, 2005, 4:52 pm
i find crosshair not all that helpful, for me its just there so that i have a vague idea of where im pointing if im getting shot all over the map (i.e. by an explosion)

othere than that, i dont think its absolutely necessary

but yeh, good idea to shoot from long range and then finish them off with a socom if possible

lieroguy
January 15, 2005, 5:37 pm
I know it's from the Bible. christian or not, it's corny and a tad tasteless in the context in which is was used in the movie.

Darky
January 15, 2005, 6:11 pm
Actually, it was not a quote at all. Sure I it's clearly Pulp Fiction I've got the inspiration of, but I slightly edited the passage to make it fit to the contex. However, for those who would like this cleared out the whole thing was based on the following passage from Ezekiel 25:17 in the Book of Books, the Bible. The passage goes: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." Now that's a nice passage to memorize, isn't it? ^^

Chakra
January 15, 2005, 9:08 pm
Wherefore my beloved brethren, thou shall be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. [James 1:19]

Thou shalt suck my mighteth wang, for I pwn you with Ruger. [James 1:20 (lost passage)]

kkazican
January 15, 2005, 11:44 pm
I noticed lately that I have sucked with ruger. I can't tell if it is just inexperience because I don't play soldat as often anymore or the bink affect. But either way it sucks because that is the only weapon I was good at.

Iag0
January 16, 2005, 1:19 am
i also have problems killing auto-users with ruger, i was getting really pissed off cos i just couldnt hit them :(

after a while i changed the colour of the ruger bullet to a bright yellow, it helped a lot, and also lets you see headshots although it did make soldat look utterly [IMAGE] for a while, i soon turned it back to the origional

btw i am colourblind, not much excuse for the lameness of making bullets easier to see, but its the best ive got

Taxista
January 16, 2005, 1:58 am
Well porquilho from [S][K] clan uses also ruger. And i ask him many times if bink was problem to him. He always say that it doesnt affect him.

[S][K]Taxi

Chakra
January 16, 2005, 2:56 am
yeah but... porquilho's full of this substance known in some countries as poo.

NightCabbage
January 16, 2005, 3:52 am
I find it amusing to kill auto-users with ruger :)

Much easier to use against them than barret after they've started shooting at you.

Barret + bink = complete and utter luck (one thing I really don't like is a game that relys on luck :S)

But ruger reloads a whole lot quicker :P

And shooting from above isn't that hard meandy?
And it's good at close range to IMO

Messiah
January 16, 2005, 4:14 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeei find crosshair not all that helpful, for me its just there so that i have a vague idea of where im pointing if im getting shot all over the map (i.e. by an explosion)

othere than that, i dont think its absolutely necessary

but yeh, good idea to shoot from long range and then finish them off with a socom if possible

rofl, Worm wheres our clan in the 'Clan libary' xD

Meandor
January 16, 2005, 3:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by NightCabbage
And shooting from above isn't that hard meandy?

I meant shooting to someone that comes from top. It's a lot easier with stuff like deagles.

STEELIX
January 16, 2005, 3:36 pm
and, amazingly, nearly impossible with teh spasser

Zero Wiggles Murasame
January 17, 2005, 1:47 pm
I get mowed down all the time, so I stay in the air while firin. and throw nades.

Taxista
January 17, 2005, 2:06 pm
Chakra :o whats poo ?

[S][K]Taxi

wormdundee
January 18, 2005, 3:58 am
mess, thats a really old site and i just havent bothered to change my sig

well its not really old, but its inactive until i find a good host that will let me use CGI scripts and bladeebla, o and i have to learn javascript better and learn PERL, so yeh, its kinda on hold

anyways, not hijacking this thread

yeh, i wouldnt listen to porq, he is most defintely poo-filled, i mean, i can still usually win against most stuff, its just not as easy, which i suppose is kinda a good thing, it makes me better :D

The Geologist
January 18, 2005, 6:00 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundee
i can still usually win against most stuff, its just not as easy, which i suppose is kinda a good thing, it makes me better :D

Now those sound like the words of an experienced individual.

Will
January 18, 2005, 9:31 am
i blame bink, and evryone else should :P

Spectral
January 19, 2005, 2:08 am
I blame noobness

wormdundee
January 19, 2005, 5:44 am
now i dont know if geo was being sarcastic or not

im going with a 90% chance of nonsarcasm and 10% chance of sarcasm, or less

im experienced :D

The Geologist
January 19, 2005, 7:01 am
Definately not being sarcastic there ;) I may not have played you very often, but yours is a name I remember from a long time back.

Will
January 19, 2005, 9:44 am
maybe its a combination of n00bness and bink ?

wormdundee
January 20, 2005, 3:38 am
now we all need to wonder just who the hell geo used to be...well that sentence phrased better would be what geo's last name was

unless im the only who doesnt know :D

porquilho
January 20, 2005, 2:19 pm
im with poo still, i won you chakra on the 1on1.

anyway i dont note the blink affect at all.
when i miss a shot its caz my aim is not as good i would like it to be

NOW FOR SOME NIRVANA!!!

"Nirvana- All apologies
everything is my fauuullllllt.
i take all the blames...
aquasea fo shame
sunburn with freezeburn
shocking on the allala of the enemy
IN THE SUN IN THE SUN
I FEEL AS 1
IN THE SUN!!!!
MARRIEEEED
BURIEEEED
marrieeed
burieeeeeed
yeaaaah yeah yeah yeaaaaaaah"

i like to sing too.

Dathker
January 21, 2005, 12:49 am
its annoying.

Spectral
January 21, 2005, 3:46 am
ur annoying.

Phaylanx
January 21, 2005, 4:57 am
I gave up the ruger for an auto in this version...

lieroguy
January 21, 2005, 7:17 am
Since the new version, I've hard a hard time sticking with my classic favorite: The FM Minimi. Ive been changing it up a lot, and I think the MP5 has become my best option. Fortunately, it's supressive fire is nice for binking the hell out of barret users.

Captain_Jimbo
January 21, 2005, 9:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra

Is it just me trying to rush under pressure?
Perhaps I can't see where to aim for the stream of bullets blocking the visibility of mine

With the Ruger being my favorite alternate weapon when I'm not using the MiniMi, my experience has been that it's mostly the flurry of bullets throwing off my aim. I don't know why it happens, but it does, which puts me under pressure to fire off quicker. A lot of times it came down to me keeping a steady hand whilst taking a pummel of bullets and gambling with a death.

wormdundee
January 22, 2005, 12:03 am
and thats why i pwn you phay :D

but seriously, it might have been a good idea for me to switch to an auto, but i refuse to, i will not give up my favourite weapon just to do better, and hey, most likely using an auto would not make me better, probably worse