( search forums )
Feature to Enable/Disable Bink Effect
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
FragBait
January 14, 2005, 8:06 pm
I suggest a feature is made to able disabling/enabling Bink Effect as you like, just like you can disable/enable bonus', weapons and Stationary Gun, and I think it is only fair that we, the ones who play the game, are allowed to decide if we would like to play with Bink Effect or not.
I strongly believe that Bink Effect is why Auto's are so extremely effective vs. Ruger, M79 and Barret, one might say "overpowered", and they will always be, unless Bink Effect is disabled.
I would like all of you who support this idea, to post a short reply to this post, also please feel free to add any ideas and such.

(It should be added, that by Bink Effect I mean how your crosshair gets bigger when using M79, Ruger or Barret, and being shot at with an auto. This has always been what I meant by Bink Effect, but I have met others that thought it was the ricochet that was called Bink.. That got me confused a bit. This was just to set everything straight, so all of you know what I am refering to.)

Thank you.

Dowhook
January 14, 2005, 8:14 pm
This is a good idea. Autos are overpowered now ;(

Ash Lambert
January 14, 2005, 8:15 pm
Indeed. I concurr. :)
Adding a feature to Remove Bink by click, is a nice idea.
Thing is that Barret would be overpowered again. But in Leagues, we could introduce a new rule to just allow 1 barret a team. Like it is in ESL.

If Michal then would manage to improve the netcode of Soldat, gee it could be heaven. 8)

Real_Rook
January 14, 2005, 8:16 pm
i can just say autos arent overpowered :P

Timmy
January 14, 2005, 8:16 pm
yeah, would be very good. or just dont make it less affect your aim
hmm well it all goes along with spraying etc. one thing is the bink effect, one thing acting of the players

Zuup
January 14, 2005, 8:18 pm
i support!! good idea =D

FragBait
January 14, 2005, 8:25 pm
Hmm, I was just informed that Michal might already have said he would make this feature :) But still, no harm will do with this thread :P Just add your thoughts.

And yes, Barret would be overpowered again. So I guess you have to choose which you want overpowered, auto's or barret. This is exactly why we need this feature to disable/enable Bink Effect as each individual see's fit :)

Prophecy
Indeed.Bink effect cost too much,and in league`s like TNL or SCTFL you might just gain\lose a cap by that effect,which is unfair.
I will support it.
Btw,Mathias,you forgot to add Spas-12 and Desert Eagles..
:)

Cold Fusion
If people like the idea [weapon editor] and use it in a meaningful manner I will add full weapons editing functionality (changing most of the weapons settings, not only damage).

(rate of fire, damage, ammo, bink, recoil, speed and mass of bullet can be easily done)

hth.

Deleted User
January 14, 2005, 8:32 pm
Yah, agree. I think barret & LAW deserve to be binked though.

FragBait
January 14, 2005, 8:37 pm
Prophecy.. Had to use my real name? :P But I do not know about Spas, but DE's are not Binked, are they?
So, if Michal said he would implement this, then we already won! We won before I even made this thread :P
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Also CF, I did not notice you or Michal post this before :) I did not mean to ignore you, sorry if you got annoyed.

KeFear
January 14, 2005, 8:40 pm
oh yeah. and let's implement a complete system for mods.

Darky
January 14, 2005, 8:48 pm
Clan-MS send their regards to you FragBait, and I'd like to inform you that I speak for all of us when I say that I fully agree to what you said and that a feature like that would be most welcome. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the rest of the community and I hope Michal will note what you said and add the requested features to the next version of soldat.

Liber_Lupus
January 14, 2005, 8:53 pm
some weapons are always "overpowered". I say peoples brains are underpowered.

Chakra
January 14, 2005, 9:00 pm
I dunno. If bink is removed for some servers, aren't we just taking it back to 1.2 where barrets dominate? Kinda going back to square one there pal.

Oh wait I forgot, you love barret ¬_¬

If anything bink should be made less effective for the m79 and barret in total, not just as a option. Perhaps also only a 50% chance of being binked at all, so that they can remain competitive.

Otherwise, weapons editor should sort all this out, so heres hoping for 2005.

Pulp
January 14, 2005, 9:02 pm
If the 'modded weapons server'-test turns out well, the logic evolution is that most of the soldat-settings in the future will be able to be modified, as by example the bink effect.

For me, the more that can be modified, the better.

The Geologist
January 14, 2005, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_Lupussome weapons are always "overpowered". I say peoples brains are underpowered.

Too true. ^_^ Yet I agree with Chakras idea here...

Keron Cyst
January 15, 2005, 1:10 am
quote:Originally posted by EF_Rune... I think barret & LAW deserve to be binked...

Not LAW. It's hard enough.

SuperKill
January 15, 2005, 1:19 am
law is so hard yea ... lol

frogboy
January 15, 2005, 1:26 am
quote:Originally posted by ProphecyBtw,Mathias,you forgot to add Spas-12 and Desert Eagles..
Maybe if there was bink on them in the first place he might have?!

3rd_account
January 15, 2005, 1:55 am
quote:Originally posted by ChakraI dunno. If bink is removed for some servers, aren't we just taking it back to 1.2 where barrets dominate? Kinda going back to square one there pal.

Not necessarily. The bink on Barret could be kept. Or go with the old idea for 1.2.0 to solve the balance: Making barret inacurate when a person is airborne with it. Then it'd be reduced to snipering from far only. Not that crazy, ultimate assault weapon we all know by now.

DeMonIc
January 15, 2005, 9:44 am
If an option to disable bink server side would be added, most of the servers would go back to 1.2.And if only the barrett is binked, the usage of M79 would rise like hell.I'd rather have this idea implemented ;P.But since the weapons editor is almost complete, I guess weapon balance improvement ideas are out of the scene for now.

DerF-
January 15, 2005, 12:25 pm
Disagree.

ReDevil
January 15, 2005, 1:29 pm
I agree with 200% .

Prophecy
January 15, 2005, 2:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by ProphecyBtw,Mathias,you forgot to add Spas-12 and Desert Eagles..
Maybe if there was bink on them in the first place he might have?!

Erm,I won't say nothing without a reason.
Desert Eagles have bink effect sometime`s.
Spaz - 12 always have bink effect but I'm not complaining..
I just said he forgot those.
Sorry FragBait,for using your name,but I am usual to talk to people by their names..I am sure that you do the same.

FragBait
January 15, 2005, 3:39 pm
Prophecy.. DE's and Spas does not have bink, not that I know off..
Also as I wrote before, by disabling Bink Effect Barret would go back to its old self, and again be "overpowered", so you will have to choose if you want auto's or barret to be overpowered.
And Chakra, this was not an idea I had just because I like(d) Barret. I have been playing with DE's for a long time, even before Bink Effect, and I believe I would keep that up even if Bink was removeable.. I have been using Barret a lot in my past, and I still do sometimes.. Bink or not. So this is not just because I love Barret, and want it to achieve it's lost power :)
Also, if that was the case, I would just have made a non-auto league myself, it would surely have been a lot easier than this :P

Karvinen
January 15, 2005, 3:55 pm
barrett should be made crouch/prone only weapon

FragBait
January 15, 2005, 4:15 pm
Another idea..
As Ok's wrote on another topic:
"its so simple! Remove the bink from all weapons other than barret" - (In a reply to http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=20317)
That is actually not a bad idea.. But I think each individual should have to possibillity to disable bink on whatever weapon they like, and adding it too.