( search forums )
Another Idea to less spraying.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
FragBait
January 15, 2005, 3:45 pm
I do not know if anyone has suggested this before, as I did not bother to read all threads and replies :) But it just hit me, that you could also make ALL the auto's act like they do in Realistic Mode, which would TOTALLY eliminate the possibillity of spraying.

This would ruin one of the uniqe modes Realistic Mode has, but Realistic Mode would still have the "can not see through walls and [IMAGE]"-thing :)

ReDevil
January 15, 2005, 3:48 pm
I didnt understand you mate, make your things more clearly!
Since if there is anyway to make less spraying, i am up for it!

SERIAL KILLeR
January 15, 2005, 3:49 pm
Sounds good!
But a lot less then in real mode so u would only feel it after 7-8 bullets and not the minigun.

[edit]
ReDevil : He means the auto's should have recoil in normale mode like in realistic mode

Liber_Lupus
January 15, 2005, 3:54 pm
if you want to make autos that worse then why not already suggest removing it. Whore your [IMAGE]ing barre then.

zyxstand
January 15, 2005, 3:55 pm
WHAT!!??!?!! U GUYS RN"T SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO RECOIL IN NORMAL !!! LEAVE REALISTIC WHERE IT IS AND DON'T LET IT TAKE OVER NORMAL MODE!!!

Hell NO

FragBait
January 15, 2005, 4:00 pm
Liber, it is just an idea.. I totally agree that it is very radical, but I like putting ideas in other peoples head, those people can then make suggestions to the original idea, and then my idea will evolve and become something better and less radical.. It is already working, just look at Serial Killers post :P

And no, this is not just because I want Barret back to the way it was.. Perhaps Bink Effect should be kept on if the Auto's had recoil.

Ok
January 15, 2005, 4:08 pm
Well its a nice idea :).
and I am the first the eliminate spraying.
BUT! I dont think any weapon should be nerfed that bad.
autos are a nice add of veriety to soldat!
There is a simple solution actualy, it was there before 1.2.1 came on.
on the beta version.
its so simple! Remove the bink from all weapons other than barret.
I mean the whole purpose of bink was to nerf barrets.
You didnt hear that many ppl complaining about Ruger and De's and Spas being overpwored.
but Michal nerfed them. thus RADICLY changing the power balance and creating the situation we've got today "Wanna win, take autos".

so simple.. just bink. even the AK can be dealt with by good rugerer or a deagler without the bink.

So simple and right, yet its not going to be fixed any time soon.
the recoil is TOO radical it will completly nerf the autos thus creating a new bread of overpowered weapons made out of Rugers and De's.

Ymies
January 15, 2005, 4:11 pm
remove bink everywhere. just randomize barret as it was randomized in one of the 12 betas

actually, [IMAGE] the autos and tell michal to concentrate on getting rif of lag

FragBait
January 15, 2005, 4:11 pm
I kind of agree with you on that. Still I think each individual should have to possibillity to disable bink on whatever weapon they like, and adding it too.

Omenalimonadi-
January 15, 2005, 4:12 pm
Idea of spraying is just to shoot randomly around and hope that something hits. Realmode autos would mean even more spraying, as indeed you would get spraying automagically just by pushing shooting button down.

Hostile_Marine
January 15, 2005, 4:17 pm
Leave Recoil to real mode

Ymies
January 15, 2005, 4:20 pm
just return to 115, but m79. as we know, nadj mastered ak back then and matched barrets etc etc very well so why couldn't the present players do the same.

(only the 115 weapons)

DerF-
January 15, 2005, 4:23 pm
"its so simple! Remove the bink from all weapons other than barret."
Word up!

Ymies
January 15, 2005, 4:25 pm
why barret ? that would make autos even more powerful for their slayer is being buried

Omenalimonadi-
January 15, 2005, 4:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ymieswhy barret ? that would make autos even more powerful for their slayer is being buried

If bink would be removed from barret, people would yet again start hating it with full force.

LazehBoi
January 15, 2005, 4:30 pm
Pssh. Recoil is easy to get around with the automatics.

Ymies
January 15, 2005, 4:30 pm
ppl who hate it just think that it always hits. it ain't that easy, you know it

CbbLe
January 15, 2005, 4:57 pm
wouldn't be fun using autos if they were recoiled like that..what we need is to simply remove bink-effect.

DeMonIc
January 15, 2005, 6:43 pm
Yeah, sure implement it, vote yes, stuff like that.I mean, you're right, who needs autos anyway.I don't want it to be a challange if I kill someone.Implement it.Yes.Please.

I'm gonna go play "Duck Hunt" instead of soldat then ;P

Jaz
January 15, 2005, 7:12 pm
Ok there was a thread to [IMAGE] the m79 with realistic mode and all the auto users liked it, now theres a thread to add realistic mode to autos and now there like, its not farir, autos wont be fun. Fun as in easy kills?

LazehBoi
January 15, 2005, 7:30 pm
I'm saying that it won't do anything to a person who gets used to it. Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing it in action, but it's so easy to get around...

SuperKill
January 15, 2005, 7:45 pm
back then it took skill to use auto's like ak and aug..
they would still kill, but some people would make it an exceptional weapon, the rest just whined at the barret.

with that happening, you get the result of soldat as it is today.. every idiot could click his mouse without even the slightest effort of aiming, and butch players on its path with a minimi or ak.

Darky
January 15, 2005, 7:48 pm
It would make the game alot more fun if you removed the bink effect. The idea of adding recoil to the machine guns also satisfy me. As an old realmoder I'd love that! Also, many would stop using machine guns and start using real weapons like Ruger 77, Desert Eagles and Spas 12. ;)

But, without that bink effect and a few days of intense soldat playing to regain my former strenght, I suppose it wouldn't make a diffrence to my good old rifle - the Ruger 77!

[Note: Why not add realdamage, restricted visual field and falldamage as well? ;)]

DeMonIc
January 15, 2005, 7:53 pm
Hey, I have an idea...start playing real mode!

Meandor
January 15, 2005, 8:13 pm
Muh. Turn FF on, that's enough :P

FragBait
January 15, 2005, 10:05 pm
I actually think Realistic Mode takes MUCH more skill than the normal mode..

Liber_Lupus
January 15, 2005, 11:55 pm
Perhaps a slight recoil wont do bad. Kinda like colt in cs. The crosshair would get slightly upper when shooting and when stopped it will return to normal. If you get what i mean. The current recoil in rm will get your crosshair up to sky in unbelivable speed when hold down and will not return.

Chakra
January 16, 2005, 12:01 am
Yeah I think it'd be a great idea. Who knows, perhaps, just perhaps it might turn up in

THE [IMAGE]TARD.

STEELIX
January 16, 2005, 8:38 am
Halleluja!

-
hm, I agree on auto's spraying to be quite annoying indeed, but to give them all recoil? no..

FragBait
January 16, 2005, 5:40 pm
Also in games such as CS, the Crosshair gets bigger when you spray, kind of like bink does to M79, Ruger and Barret.. What if you turned it around, so the auto's crosshair got bigger when spraying, and thereby reducing the chance of hitting.

Vijchtidoodah
January 16, 2005, 7:33 pm
As in, the more you shoot the more spread you suffer? I like that idea very much...

Darky
January 17, 2005, 10:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by FragBaitI actually think Realistic Mode takes MUCH more skill than the normal mode..

Holy Schneikey! Now I understand why I like you more then other clan leaders of soldat clans which play regular - we share the same opinion! I lead the original realistic mode clan Sith Soldiers for 2-2.5 (Had some breaks tho...) years convinced I were right. However, about 99% of all soldat players were convinced that I were wrong. :/

Which eventually would lead to the destruction of my clan! Why? I was boooored - no [IMAGE]ing tournaments, only two decent clans who had patience enough to hang in their and fight for realistic mode (Sith Soldiers and Brutal Crusaders). We were like allies, yet we had to fight eachother to get some decent clan wars. :p Yeah, I know, it's sad. Well, well, that belong to the past now. Yet, the Memory of Sith Soldiers shall never fade! One they we shall rise - and we shall be victorious!

Btw FragBait, can I have derf-? :p

EDIT: Oh [IMAGE], when I read that post by FragBait I totally forgott why I checked this topic :p

Anyway, I was just wondering, since everyone seem to agree to that there should be an option, like a square which you could simply mark if you want to have the bink [IMAGE] on, for bink effect or no bink effect will this be added to the next version of soldat? And if so, when will the next version be released? Or a patch or something... 'cause I'd really approciate to get that bink effect away from most servers. :p
(Btw, I'm kinda tierd..)

kkazican
January 18, 2005, 1:53 am
I myself would prefer the autos being able to overheat. Since the professionals don't spray (usually) anyway it would get rid of those minigun/minime [IMAGE] that camp on top of viet and just spray into the opponent's base.

3rd_account
January 18, 2005, 1:42 pm
Recoil? No. That'd honestly kill the "aha-upplevelse" when using automatics.
I'd simply preffer the removal of bink. The game was more or less perfect when we didn't have bink. Now Soldat has lost a bit of it's shine.

Darky
January 18, 2005, 7:37 pm
Haha, lol; "aha-upplevelse" :p Fint sätt att uttrycka sig på internationella forum ;)