( search forums )
DM_Pretzel
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
The Geologist
January 15, 2005, 9:14 pm
Don't know why I thought of this...I just did. After testing this map out with Demonic this pretzel shape lands itself to a DM style match. There is very little health on this map and it's part of the challenge. It's a small map, so there's not much scenery used. The emphasis is on close combat. If anyone wants to put this into their server rotation I'd be honored. Here's the breakdown:

*Supports deathmatch, pointmatch, team match, and rambo match
*Good for 5-10 players
*No custom sceneries - I couldn't make a salty background texture that looked good enough ;)
*One custom texture (Jerk - by Soap) This is included in the .zip file, make sure you put it in your textures folder. Also included is jerke which is the edge for this texture. Put that in the edges folder inside your textures folder.
*Waypointed

The Overview:
[IMAGE]

The Download

Questions, comments? You know I like to hear 'em. Hope you guys like this one.

damnnation
January 15, 2005, 9:21 pm
looks more like a face to me...

_Mancer_
January 15, 2005, 9:25 pm
I see a fat lady bending over.

9/10 b00tiful.

Skate4Razors
January 16, 2005, 12:32 am
Haha, that's great. Looks like a weirdo with an unebrow. I like the looks of it though! ;)

The Geologist
January 16, 2005, 12:35 am
Damnit, how can it look like any of those things? It's most clearly a pretzel..look at the background, not the polys! Stupid people, stupid! /me uses the ruler

Nah...jk, lol. Thanks for the comments. Any of you played the map yet, have any comments on gameplay?

DeMonIc
January 16, 2005, 8:10 am
Yea, I have a comment: MAKE THIS A DEFAULT MAP.The gameplay kicks ass, you can sneak attack anyone, anywhere, anytime, and you must fear these attacks, so the tense is immense.

Michal
January 16, 2005, 4:10 pm
I like it. Nice coloring and simple.

Lothus
January 16, 2005, 4:25 pm
think it looks like a "peace sign"

Pulp
January 16, 2005, 4:36 pm
Nice map, looks like a DM version of ctf_nuubia qua gameplay.

-edit-

Oh, and btw, the smallest jerk.bmp-file need to be copied in the 'edges' folder, not just in the textures folder.

The Geologist
January 16, 2005, 9:14 pm
Doh...my mistake there, I thought it didn't matter so long as it's in the textures folder. Thanks for the comments guys!

mar77a
January 17, 2005, 1:23 am
This map is sweet, excelent shading (though not original), good color selection and awesome, kick ass gameplay...

By the way, its a little scary, looks like a skull to me... :/

The Geologist
January 17, 2005, 1:35 am
Thanks! But how is my shading not original?

mar77a
January 17, 2005, 1:31 pm
Yes, i think everyone is using this kind of shading with dark inside and light outside. Maybe the shading could be like...em...different on each polygon.

LimeCat
January 18, 2005, 7:25 am
Yummy =)