( search forums )
Forum Censorship
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Hayt
January 16, 2005, 3:42 am
Just wondering why all the "naughty words" in the forum are replaced with a silly gif and why are the forums censored at all? I think that when you censor something you just draw more attention to it and everyone can see what it is. I understand why links to hack sites are censored but why censor links to other sites deemed "inappropriate"?
Ya feel me?

NightCabbage
January 16, 2005, 9:22 am
One thing that annoys me is that words like -0-0-0-0-0 have been censored.

I don't feel that this is an appropriate course of action, as mere discussion of such topics should not be forbidden.

(come on NC, you should know better. - DNA.styx)

DeMonIc
January 16, 2005, 10:33 am
NC, that word is censored so people can't posts links to that numbnuts site(even if it's cheaply bypassable :P)

I don't mind the censored signs, it makes the forum have a feeling ^^

SuperKill
January 16, 2005, 10:38 am
HAH! you little avatar thief xD

NightCabbage
January 16, 2005, 11:18 am
Yes, I understand that link to sites containing cheats should be censored, and I agree with that.

However, I don't believe that any word that is not offensive should be censored.

(and soz Styx, was just bein a smart ass :P)

BManx2000
January 16, 2005, 3:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by HaytJust wondering why all the "naughty words" in the forum are replaced with a silly gif

Because if the post is filled with [IMAGE] you know it's going to be stupid and you can skip it ;)

Hayt
January 17, 2005, 1:04 am
See, I don't get who decides what words are offensive, for example I [IMAGE]ing loathe babies, I hate them with every meaty ounce of my heart, what if I found the word "goo-goo-ga-ga" to be offensive? Even if someone covered it with a censored image I'd still be outraged and in fear for my life from the nasty baby talk. What I'm trying to get at is... aww hell, I dunno what I'm saying, I guess I just hate censorship... and babies.

NightCabbage
January 17, 2005, 5:27 am
Either way, the word "-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-" (dont censor it this time pls, theres no reason to, we should be allowed to say his name dammit :P) isn't offensive. So, other than URLs, it shouldn't be banned.

Marine
January 17, 2005, 5:51 am
I think it's really funny how even if you swear excessively, even though the words are censored, you still get banned.

Haha someone explain this to me.

DNA.styx
January 17, 2005, 8:59 am
> I don't get who decides what words are offensive
I do.

>what if I found the word "goo-goo-ga-ga" to be offensive?
When you run your own forum you will be welcome to censor "goo-goo-ga-ga"...censor "coochicoo" as well while you are at it. :)

Milkman Dan
January 17, 2005, 10:51 am
:O DNA.Styx, enough of that kinda language please

IDF-RIPsta
January 17, 2005, 12:51 pm
Allow me to refraise Styx's comment:
"It's good to be the King"

Unlucky 13
January 18, 2005, 2:04 am
^
Aggreed, I WANNA BE KING

AerialAssault
January 18, 2005, 2:35 am
so the words that are censored, are only censored because styx doesnt like them? and he doesn't give a flying [IMAGE] about who else if offended by what?

The Geologist
January 18, 2005, 6:05 am
quote:Originally posted by IDF-RIPstaAllow me to refraise Styx's comment:
"It's good to be the King"

NightCabbage
January 18, 2005, 6:47 am
That was incredibly useful geo :P

Even this useless post is more useful :P

Tha Doggfather
January 18, 2005, 12:55 pm
Loc[IMAGE]ked