( search forums )
Mod test mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Unlucky 13
January 16, 2005, 7:45 am
[Aim of Suggestion]
This is mainly so you can check the change on power-ups, and would only work on a single man game, that is not registered to the lobby server.

[The Idea]
You know when you edit a gostek for a power-up, like maybe the Rambo Bow, or the BulletProof Vest, you have to wait for the power-up to come by to see how it looks? Or how you have to kill yourself to test all the ingame weapon-gfx? Well how about we have an .ini option to make all that change, or a game-mode to test the mods in? My idea is, a small map where ALL objects, including Bow, Stat., ALL power-ups and ALL flags (only Yellow will be avalible for pickup[pick-up-able?]), appear so you can check them out? Also in this mode, ALL weapons would be avalible using the weapon switch key, not just the Primary and Secondary you choose. Maybe even a way to damage yourself a certain amount by using a /damage # command, and having the numeric values appear over the interface bars.

[The Reason]
This was suggested as I wanted to find what my new vest looked like, but even when the freq. was on 5 and vest was the only item, it still was hard to find one (:/). So I came up with this suggestion.

DeMonIc
January 16, 2005, 8:06 am
Mmh, I agree with you, there should be some total-feature mode, where you have everything available at once.That'd help people I guess 8)

NightCabbage
January 16, 2005, 9:15 am
Sorta like the old limbo menu, but a more advanced version (flags and powerups as well as weapons)

Captain Ben
January 16, 2005, 10:31 am
doesnt really worry me... kind of
i under stand what you mean because im trying to make a metroid/halo mod

papasurf31
January 17, 2005, 1:49 am
Great idea. As a modder, I understand just how valuable and time saving such a mode could be. Bravo.